For VTime - ot

In this case it didn't matter, no one was saying anything and it wasn't on his record because it happened when he was underage. It's easy to see that if everyone(counselor, coaches, family) were pulling for him that no one would say a word about it. Probably, hoped that he'd get his life together and make something for himself.

pompeytir i disagree

these are felonies, if they are hidden on the juvenile side i see it, but seems to me these are age of majority crimes that a background check would have found

i understand their (kid,family,friends) not saying anything, not that that is right, but the school should protect itself, how much is a background check? oh wait, we don;t have the budget for it!!!!

Sad story. I went to school with his sisters and one year with him. he was a freshman when I was a senior. I was shocked when I heard. The kid is an honor student who had zero problems qualifying. I always felt bad for him because he kept getting injured. He's plead guilty and although I dont know all the facts, I'm not sure that was the right decision. Being at the scene makes you an accessory I guess, but if he never had a gun in his possession and was just along for the ride, he should've pleaded with the other guys involved not to drag him down with them and let him pursue his dreams. Maybe he did say that. Maybe he did have a gun. I dont know. Not many of us really know. Never heard a bad word about him until this.