Mike Anderson

It was mentioned in the Vegas thread that Mizzou coach Mike Anderson could be a candidate for the Arkansas job.

Anderson would be a great fit there. That's the style of basketball those fans have been wanting to see since Nolan Richardson's glory days. Give him a couple years and Anderson could do good things there.

This would also be very good news for SLU fans considering several of the top juniors in the area could end up playing for Anderson at Missouri if he stays there.

- Nate

although with what has gone on already in terms of coaching changes, I guess anything is possible.

I could see MA issuing a relase this week stating he is not interested in the Arkansas job. I would put a lot of money on hm still being at MU next year.

That's just what I've picked up from the UA message boards I've looked at. Second, I think the "racism" thing was solved when they replaced Richardson with a black man, don't you agree? That was the heart of Richardson's "accusations".

And I'm not following what you are getting at. Who cares "what that says about Anderson's character"? I couldn't care less. Mizzou and SLU will go head to head on a recruit only occassionally. Whether he did or did not do that won't affect his job at Missouri but it could prevent him from going back to UA.

Purely speculation, and if he did, it didnt work because Ronnie Brewer still went there. Anderson isnt going anywhere. His son and nephew are players for Missouri, and his other nephew plays for Columbia College down the road from Mizzou.

I am not arguing anything - all I said was that if AR hired Anderson that would put the whole Richardson thing to rest. The fact that they hired Heath and then fired him when he had shown progress simply causes the race thing raise its ugly head again. As far as the recruit issue - all I said was that if a coach called to bad mouth a school because a friend was mistreated in his estimation then I find that to be in appropriate. You can either agree or disagree but it is not a something to argue about - take a deep breath it will all be fine.

Courtside - coaches supporting one another by not taking jobs are making comments in general about the school that mistreated one of their own is a lot different then calling a recruit and speaking specifically to him to bad mouth school. Nothing wrong with a coach making a public statement but they need to stay away from the kids - it is simply not right to use them as tools for their own agenda.

>Courtside - coaches supporting one another by not taking

>jobs are making comments in general about the school that

>mistreated one of their own is a lot different then calling

>a recruit and speaking specifically to him to bad mouth

>school. Nothing wrong with a coach making a public

>statement but they need to stay away from the kids - it is

>simply not right to use them as tools for their own agenda.

I didn't say it was different. I am merely saying that imo tehre is a zero chance of Mike Anderson going to Arkansas. I Wasn't commenting on the other subject.

is not enough "to prove" that they don't hire and fire based on race? Heath didn't get the job done to their expectations. Now they need to go out and hire Anderson to "prove" a point and lay everything related to Richardson to rest, six years later? Give me a break. They have had nothing but black coaches now for almost 20 years. If they want to fire Heath because he can't get past the first round in the NCAA or finish above .500 in the conference consistently I don't think hiring Anderson is going to solve anything for them.

These are the reasons that I don't see it happening.

- The current AD and president are the ones that fired Nolan, his mentor.

- When he was at UAB everytime a job came after him he consulted Nolan before making his decision. When Mizzou came calling Mike asked Nolan if he thought it was a program where Mike could win a National title and Nolan told he thought it was.

- Mike's nephew just sat out a year after transfering from Vandy to play with for him.

- His Daughter is a senior in high school.

- Anderson doesn't strike me as the kind of coach to leave the first major program to give him a chance.

- Arkansas had a chance to hire him after Nolan but instead hired Heath.