Vegas

Courtside, are you keeping up with what is going on at Arkansas today. Supposedly they will offer Calipari a sickening amount of money to take over the basketball program and if he doesn't accept their next target is Mike Anderson. Also, the football program is having their own version of the a Quinn Snyder soap opera. It is not as bad so far, but it is turning into a huge embarrasment for Nutt. Conflicting reports on if he will survive even the weekend.

Which team? The Eagles? Some do. Suggs and Brandenburg do. Was hoping to see Michigan St. bound guard Korie Lucious for DTA against the Eagles last weekend, but he was out of town and only made it back in town for the following game. The Las Vegas Easter Classic is loaded, and will have many many coaches present. Femi John plays for the St. Louis Falcons, who will be in Arkansas this weekend. Trying to think who I am missing off of top of my head in the Brad 5. A lot of the strong Midwest teams will be in Arkansas. Much of the Vegas tourney are West Coast teams.

Femi plays with Gateway. He may be doubling up some.. but I doubt it. Gateway starts next weekend.. with a small tourney here in Stl. Then onto Houston, Akron etc.etc.etc.

Cg

Who wants to play on Easter Weekend???

also... I thought the Eagles would be at the Boo Williams.. not sure of the dates on that though either. The 16 and 15 are in Fayetteville Ark. for the Real Deal on the Hill Tourney. Gateway got out of that one last minute.. Easter weekend and all..and got into the King James Classic.. in Akron OH.

Eagles 17's lost in the round of 32 in Vegas. Went 2-2. They did have 4 point loss to tourney runner up Team Reebok West Branch out of L.A.....a Bob Gottlieb affiliation. So Cal All Stars and Team Texas considered arguably the top two 17's teams this year did well, and So Cal all-Stars defeated Team Reebok for the title.

In Arkansas, 16's Eagles did well again, losing in semis. 15's Eagles lost in the quarters, and in 17's St. Louis Falcons lost in consolation quarters.

Both tourneys were loaded with top coaches all across the country.

In 17's, all four finalists in both tourneys were L.A. based teams...pretty impressive. In Arkansas, Larry Drew's Pump N Run Elite won the 17's. The son of former Mizzou star and considered possibly the best guard in his class, has narrowed his list to 3, UNC, Arizona, and UCLA, with UNC leading.

That was the tournament that Peoria Notre Dame g/f Josh Edmonds was the MVP of last year. I think he is headed to Quincy, and that is a shame because he has an uncle who is a prof here at SLU. He would have been a good choice, considering Peoria Notre Dame consistently sends 10-15 graduates annually to Saint Louis University.

Actually no Metz. Perhaps you are thinking of last year's more local event the Midwest Showdown or another tourney. He wasn't the MVP of either of the two tourneys I mentioned, last year. These are much bigger events, no offense to the Midwest showdown. An Illinois team did win Real Deal on the Hill last year, Chicago's Illinois Warriors.