Why I don't like Mizzou

kshoe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should change their mascot to an Ostrich. They all have their heads in the sand, which is the nice way to say "it's really up their a**." The few times I've been over to la-la board land it is amazing to see the denial Mi$$ery fans are in. Q-tip has five NCAA wins...big frigging deal with the talent he's had (bought) he should have had twice as many. They say, big time coaches bring in big time talent, their knock on UB. Hellooooo,anybody home, Ricky Clemons and Randy Pulley are big time talents? How's that big time talent Conley performing? How'd all that high price talent do against, need I say, Belmont Abbey? Get a friggin grip Mizzery lovers; you've got a dirty program, a lousy coach, and about as much chance to make the dance as, need I say, Belmont Abbey.

Tiger board is a joke. You've got a broad consenus there the the Tigers are going to go 9-3 and get a good seed in the dance to finish the year. These guys are hilarious. They beat Nebraska and the sky is the limit once more. One game over .500 Whew! The NCAA is still digging but who cares.

What those goobers think. For the record, they did not lose to Belmont Abbey as I am pretty sure Belmont Abbey is a Catholic school in NC, and I am sure that they are not D-1. No, SPUMAC actually lost to Belmont in Nashville, TN which I believe is a Baptist college (I am sure Nashville Billiken can correct me if I am wrong). By the way, I think that one of Belmont Abbey's coaches many years ago was non other than Al McGuire, prior to his Marquette days.

I'll never forgive them! However for a game over .500 you're awfully cocky. You've got an early season collapse hole to dig out of. We've got an rpi hole to dig out of. While I'd love to meet the Tigers in the dance, I don't know that it's a rational hope for either team this year. Karracker is doiing a bunch of work for SLU and Charter now but he never seemed to like us before he was on the payroll. I'll agree with you that he's an idiot.

I think- right now- that mizzou and SLU have roughly the same chance of making the tourney. for me, I think they both have a reasonably good chance at making it, because I like to be optimistic about my hometown teams. I think SLU will be the 4th team from conference USA, and Mizzou can pull off 4th or 5th from the big 12, especially the way we've been playing of late.

Losing to Belmont and losing to West Virginia are 2 TOTALLY different scenarios. West Virginia is a respected program who just a couple years ago was very close to hiring one of the most well known coaches in college athletics - Bob Huggins. Belmont could not hire the best known coach in Pee Wee league. It is a small Baptist school with barely any sports program. Fantasitic scholastics, but sports are an afterthought. Comparing our loss at WVA to a loss at home to Belmont is a silly thing to do...

They simply do not like it when the shoe is on the other foot. What Mizzou needs to start understanding that in most other places the hometown team gets top billing and all that is happening now is that SLU is finally starting to get treatment like that - I am not saying MU should be shunned but SLU should be talked about first and they all the others. RK may have gone overboard but I would rather have that happen than us keep playing our butts off and get little or no acknowledgement.

It's a different animal in college sports. I wouldn't be shocked to see that ohio state was the first thing on the news in cleveland or cincinatti, perhaps even dayton. I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas talked about first in Dallas or in Houston.

The same thing goes for Mizzou- there are a large number of MU grads in St. Louis, and traditionally the tigers have had more success in collegiate athletics (besides soccer, but soccer is so ridiculously underrated in st. louis media that it's not worth discussing here), so it makes sense that often times they get the top billing. I can understand not wanting to hear about the chiefs or bears in st. louis before the rams, but with college sports it's entirely different. Most people in St. Louis probably wanted to hear about the Tigers #5 seed in the tourney over the billikens dissapointing end to a marvelous run. It depends on what's a "hot story" at the moment.