Tommy Amaker let go at Michigan today...(nm)

I believe that for over half his tenure the program was on probation as a result of the err's of his predecessors. He would have made the NCAA tournament at least once had his program been eligible. Also, supposedly Michigan has the worst college basketball facilities in the Big Ten, which were never corrected despite promises to Tommy coming in. He didn't succeed, but I believe he is still a good coach who will be successful somewhere.

I'd agree with the challenges he faced.

He will receive $900,000 to go away.

According to ESPN.com's Andy Katz, some of the names up for consideration to replace Amaker include Washington State's Tony Bennett, Southern Illinois' Chris Lowery, former Golden State Warriors coach Mike Montgomery, UNLV's Lon Kruger, West Virginia's John Beilein, Xavier's Sean Miller and Cal's Ben Braun, as well as ESPN analysts Rick Majerus and Steve Lavin.

Katz also reported that Kentucky coach Tubby Smith could be a candidate, if he's available.

They'd be lucky to get any of the above. Minnesota just received some company in Big Ten coaching search.

hoopmasters has "Corperryale Harris" as the 14th highest recruit in the country committed to Michigan so recruiting alone is not the answer for a head coach. If he had anyone else lined up he must be avictim of politics