NIT

willie

We want 2 wins to make the NIT Sock Hop moot.

If they don't come, note that nitology.com has SLU in but on the NIT bubble as a #7 seed, with GW out. The #8 seeds are the 4 "automatic bids." Thus, that website has SLU as one of the last 4 teams in the NIT. Although I was reading tealeaves in the CL interviews, that SLU needed 2 wins, which I interpreted to mean to get in the NIT, I'm not completely comfortable re the NIT without beating GW tonight.

Remember GW went into today with an RPI of 83. So SLU cannot afford to lose to GW tonight on both NCAA (obviously) and NIT levels.

Nitology.com is just a fan web site. The url is http://tcaa.puretecmo.com/nit06.html -- dude didn't even bother to pay for a domain name. He's got Iowa, who just dropped to 95 in the RPI, as a "lock" 5 seed. He's awarded Cal a #6 seed when another loss puts them below .500 and ineligible for postseason play. He's got Providence as a "lock" 4 seed when their RPI is 73. This fella's all over the place.