The Miklasz story was a fabricated hoax.

I see that the Miklasz rips SLU's new donor thread is a long huge thread that nobody wants to read start to finish.

For the record, BrianStl fabricated those remarks when he began the other thread, and admitted later in the thread that he fabricated those remarks. And I clarified at the bottom of the thread what Miklasz posted in his forum.

Amazing how one can come to an internet message board and make something up out of the air, and post it.....and watch how wild it goes. But that is why people can't believe everything they read or hear, unless it is confirmed credible. No one had reason to believe BrianStl was making something up ....although some took it to be a joke, many many others didn't apparently.

It's the nature of the beast. How can you tell on a message board when a person is lying or telling the truth? It's typed- you can't see his face or hear his voice. So when a person who is normally a straight shooter types a lie, there's no way of telling, especially when it sounds very believable. Seems like an immature move to me.

The post was an attempt at sarcasm. I thought believed that two lines in the post gave it clearly away as such. I will put the two lines below:

He said if Chaifetz was a visionary he would have sent a few bucks or at least dinners his way. "If Chaifetz wanted proof", Bernie said, "all he needs to do is check with Doug Elgin how far a few meals will get you."

It may have turned out to be a poor attempt at sarcasm.

Courtside for you to say it was a fabricated hoax is disingenuous at best. By saying that you make it like I was trying to mislead people and harm BM. That was not my intent.

A point of clarification: while Bernie may not have ripped the donor or the donation, he has frequently and recently ripped SLU and its fan base without provocation. For that reason, much of the spirit of the Bernie discussion is justified.

>A point of clarification: while Bernie may not have ripped

>the donor or the donation, he has frequently and recently

>ripped SLU and its fan base without provocation. For that

>reason, much of the spirit of the Bernie discussion is

>justified.

Ok David let's not take anything and everything individually for its own merit.

Glad I am on a message board that condones fabrication among other things, from its moderators. Classy.

I do not listen to Bernie's show that much but I have heard him on at least 2 occasions now rip the arena. His premise basically is that the administration is not taking shortcuts and backed off the original design. While true that there will now be 3,000 or less seats, we are still talking a first class building that is costing $80 million to build. Many posters on this board, including myself actually prefer the smaller venue as it should make for a "hot ticket" and more of a college atmosphere. I think much of Bernie's criticism is valid but when he rips on SLU for building an $80 million first-class arena saying they should do better it just makes me think he has some sort of personal vengeance against the school.

You are the one trying to blow this into something it is not. You have falsely accused me of making fun of Bernie's appearrance. Now, you are trying to turn the whole post into something that it was not.

I am still waiting for your apology for the false statement you made concerning Bernie. But, that would take you admitting you were wrong and you are unable to do that.

I didn't condone the fabrication, I condoned the greater debate. It was a joke that was misconstrued. However, once it was pointed out that it was a joke I didn't delete or lock the string because there was legitimate debate regarding proven comments Bernie has made. I have since locked the thread because it was too long and this thread effectively replaced it.

>i wish courtside defended the billikens with the passion he

>defends bernie.

Ah glad to see Roy is back, and with it the downfall of the board once again. It was peaceful in here for week or so after your grandstanding "goodbye" from the board where everyone did wrong but you.

I take every issue for its own merit. Unlike the moderator here, I don't condone things like bigotry, and judging others on their physical appearance.

When SLU makes a decision I agree with, like joining the A10 over MVC, I say so, ....when SLU does not build strong relationships, competitive play, etc....for decades...and can't do better than either, I say so. When everyone on the board said this is the year for SLU to make the NCAA's, I say so. Getting an Arena and facilities etc...are positives.

I am in fact concerned over the donation in one sense. If the donation is $12 million for naming rights, is this donor bucking up again in 10-12 years for more money? Or will it be called something else after that? That wouldn't be a competitive deal in today's landscape after 10-12 years.

SLU does not have a commitment to win in basketball, they don't spend the money, and they are not getting it done with the coach, nice guy, friend of mine, etc....Miklasz and I disagree on many things, including the A10 and MVC among many others.

He certainly hits the nail on the head with SLU fans and admin, if this board is any reflection. Now tons of people are back pedalling from the NCAA talk of this year. Everyone said this was the year, including the coach. Now, all of a sudden, it is acceptable and okay to most on here if that doesn't happen. The entire project of the Arena was delayed many times, long overdue, and scaled back. Also according to Miklasz the administration wanted to scale back much more than even seating capacity, practice facilites, offices...which in themselves are a lot. But most SLU fans are very very defensive instead of expecting more. What is there to defend? If SLU does not win conference tourney, season is big disappointment, period, even the coach said so.

On an individual basis I am sure there are plenty of things I agree with or don't agree with ....with anyone.

>The post was an attempt at sarcasm. I thought believed that

>two lines in the post gave it clearly away as such. I will

>put the two lines below:

>

>He said if Chaifetz was a visionary he would have sent a few

>bucks or at least dinners his way. "If Chaifetz wanted

>proof", Bernie said, "all he needs to do is check with Doug

>Elgin how far a few meals will get you."

>

>It may have turned out to be a poor attempt at sarcasm.

>

>Courtside for you to say it was a fabricated hoax is

>disingenuous at best. By saying that you make it like I was

>trying to mislead people and harm BM. That was not my

>intent.

Fair enough. It was fabricated, obviously, but fabricated to be a joke or sarcastic. I am satisfied to move on.

Notwithstanding the misconstrued joke, I frankly don't understand Bernie. He takes unsubtsantiated cheap shots at SLU and the fan base at seemingly every opportunity, which is very different from his m.o. when covering nearly every other sports program or franchise in the region. He often takes a negative spin on any positive SLU news. I know Bernie was born and raised Catholic; if anything, I would expect him to have a predisposition to give SLU the benefit of the doubt. In fact, there may be some merit regarding Bernie's criticism of SLU, but his inability to communicate commentary without using name-calling and cheap shots destroys his credibility on the subject. Somewhere over the last decade Bernie soured on SLU; I just wish he would provide facts and substance to explain his position.

It doesn't matter that, as soon as I saw people were not taking it as a joke, I posted that it was a joke. It doesn't matter that in the whole thread I never said anything about Bernie's appearance, but he still keeps posting like I did.

He thinks he is smarter and better than everyone else on this board. He name drops worse than Ron Jeremy on the Surreal Life Fame Games. He is a past his prime wannabe big timer. His belief that he is smarter and better than everyone here helps him get thru the day.

>It doesn't matter that, as soon as I saw people were not

>taking it as a joke, I posted that it was a joke. It

>doesn't matter that in the whole thread I never said

>anything about Bernie's appearance, but he still keeps

>posting like I did.

>

>He thinks he is smarter and better than everyone else on

>this board. He name drops worse than Ron Jeremy on the

>Surreal Life Fame Games. He is a past his prime wannabe big

>timer. His belief that he is smarter and better than

>everyone here helps him get thru the day.

You now are intentionally posting fabrications. But I am sure that, bigotry and everything else will be tolerated from our moderator.

Nark, I think he does it because he knows it will get a reaction. I really don't fault him for this. He needs to get ratings for his radio show. That is his job. His comments on the air create a reaction from the Billiken fans. His tone in his column is decidely different in my opinion.

>Notwithstanding the misconstrued joke, I frankly don't

>understand Bernie. He takes unsubtsantiated cheap shots at

>SLU and the fan base at seemingly every opportunity, which

>is very different from his m.o. when covering nearly every

>other sports program or franchise in the region. He often

>takes a negative spin on any positive SLU news. I know

>Bernie was born and raised Catholic; if anything, I would

>expect him to have a predisposition to give SLU the benefit

>of the doubt. In fact, there may be some merit regarding

>Bernie's criticism of SLU, but his inability to communicate

>commentary without using name-calling and cheap shots

>destroys his credibility on the subject. Somewhere over the

>last decade Bernie soured on SLU; I just wish he would

>provide facts and substance to explain his position.

This would be a better debate.