Tough OT loss for poor old MU

I watched most of the Missouri overtime loss to Texas. Missouri seems to be able to play defense when pushed to the wall. The hilarious thing is Pulley! He'd be playing really limited minutes for us this year! He's an upgrade from Chia Pet? I think not. His free throw stroke is Barantinian or Brownian. On a team that was once run by a ball hog like Gilbert I guess he's an upgrade in distribution but I wouldn't trade him for Drejaj's jock strap!

I saw parts of this game and remember one particular possession where Pulley had the ball on the top of the key ... Texas didn't close at all ... the nearest defender was inside the free throw line and made no attempt to come out. They just dared him to shoot.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

as i was watching missouri p!ss away their game last nite, a number of issues or points struck me. 1. sorry, i am not convinced that they indeed do have that great of talent. their supposed all-americans have huge holes in their overall games. paulding is at best a very streaky shooter and is a horrible free throw shooter. not a good combination for someone with the outstanding slashing skills he has. bryant tends to play soft which is a crime with his big body. klieza, who i still say is their best player, makes freshman overly agressive mistakes all the time. johnson, seems to always be in foul trouble. mckinney is not a good enough distributor to be a very good point guard and is not a consistent enough scorer to be good wing, pulley as rich documented is a mess. kroenke is worse than drew diener was. i would take phillip hunt over spencer laurie. of course the fact that spencer is a freshman gives him upside to look forward to. conley, who knows, he doesnt play enough. ditto for gardner.

i laughed at $nyder's last play in regulation. he calls two timeouts to set up mckinney rushing down the floor to hand it to paulding for a fadeaway 30 footer? if that is the best you got, why not run it off the made basket at the other end and maybe the confusion gets texas by surprise in transition?

they are a disappointment, but in reality, they probably werent that good to have deserved the expectations they got.

considering $nyder is supposed to be the greatest recruiter ever, how he got a roster as f'd up and unbalanced as he has is beyond me. he has 3 power forwards and 4 wing guards. one would think he realized he needed to buy a couple of other positions during his trips to the store.

in another's misfortune, i.e. Mizzery Hoops. But when $nyder (I like that $ thing broy, hope you don't my steal)has racked up all the "minor" violations and the alleged major violations, you can't help but enjoy it. Shameful, but human. How sweet would it be if little old SLU got the invite and Mizzery had to settle for a first round NIT game against Belmont (Belmont's RPI's in the eighty's). The PD had another article on RC today and it sounds as though the investigation is still going strong. I never knew the President of Barton CC tended to believe the allegations about his cheating there.

It sounds like you aren't buying into Bullet Bob Ramsey's statement that Mizzou and SLU are on different planets. He would have been better served by saying no fair comparing true student ahtlete amateurs to pros. However, if MU is paying their players then Kroenke and Laurie aren't getting a very good return on their investment.

the free throws were quite unbalanced. and if you take away the free throws by texas down the stretch that were fouls missouri committed in an effort to stop the clock it was even uglier. the refs were john cloninger and tom o'neill who both love to make the big calls and decide games, and the billiken fandom's newest favorite ref, terry moore.

i lmao when o'neill insisted on watching the video on boddicker's three pointer that tied the game in regulation to see if his foot was on the line. the tape showed he was about a foot behind it. there was no reason to question that but o'neill was so thirsty to make a big call. sorry tom.

i sure dont see the "different planet" thing. i would love to see josh demoralize paulding in a game. the part of the teams that is a wide margin is the inside players physical dimensions, but even that might turn into a positive as bryant and klieza would have to chase izik and sloan around all day. i dont think they would like that.

exactly why does it make sense to go to a play where ricky has to come around a screen, and shoot a 3 24 feet from the basket falling away In a TIED GAME.....the announcer's were applauding how good a look it was....I would much rather get the ball in to kleiza or AJ or even to paulding at 12 feet, or just take the ball to the hoop........correct me if I am wrong but would it not make sense to get a shot with 50% likelihood of making verse 35%...

amazingly, if he was so sure that a 30 foot fadeaway was the best shot, the right person to shoot that was probably the tiger whipping boy, kronke. i would have doubts anyone else could make that shot.

if he rightfully wanted paulding to create something, why not have paulding slash to the basket and selectively pull up or try to finish at the rim? there is no doubt he is a beast with his surperior leaping ability going to the basket. instead $nyder does neither. strange coaching mind imo.

clrealy Chia pet would be better than pulley, but Quin just did not want to invest the time and effort in Chia pet that would have been required. Moreover is ability to judge talent is questionable, Stats seem to push him to chase a player.....ie Conley, clemons, and I suspect pulley......all teams will back off on pulley, unless the have never seen him shoot......

Chia pet may very well have grown into a solid contributor not a star, but the tigers would be a better team with him today than they are.

just outside the 3 point line. this isn't the NBA where 6 seconds guarantees a great shot. I've seen a lot worse and the shot just barely missed. Sometimes the coach isn't to blame for a loss. Last night was a great game that somebody had to lose. If Johnson had blocked the ball a little softer we'd all be talking about how they have turned the corner.

the game was tied, why shoot a low percentage shot.?? Set the screen at the top of the key not the three point line.

You are right about the blocked shot, however the mizzou players in the area just watched it bounce to boddicker. Sometimes a coach needs to step up an win the game with a play, Quin does not do that.

Watching how this game was called, Mizzou was kept in it by the refs foul disparity was huge as well as lack of traveling calls on Pualding twice, and Keiza almost every touch (he has the bunny hops)