Xavier Game Thread

SluSignGuy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys hear his comments on the A10 on that clip?

He said, "I've been very impressed with the coaching, athlete the intimidation factor of the venues and I think it is only a matter of time before we become like the Valley a mid-major that can hang with the big boys on a nightly basis?"

That really bothers me that he would say that. He doesn't know about LaSalle's National Championship, UMASS' glory years, Temple's glory years, St. Joe's #1 seeding (recently), X's sweet 16 runs. Come one the A10 has historically been better than the Valley 2 good years does not make them better. That really bothers me on many levels.

I don't really have a problem with the commentators they are generally complimentary of everyone.

The Soderberg comments just bother me. Sell the conference sell the product sell the school. Don't say we'll I was surprised at how good this and that was and soon we will be as good as the MVC. Give me a break. X would tear up the MVC and I gotta' think that SLU would fare better there too. I'd rather skip those road trips to French Lick and Evansville.

Where is Knollemeyer?

I do agree that SLU did not get a lot of calls as they drove to the basket. However, they didn't create the opportunity for themselves that often as they didn't penetrate very well at all. I think a main problem was rushing shots and not creating a good shot attempt.

piss on the refs (hand check, much?), piss on tommie's defense, PISS ON IAN (x2), and piss on no knollmeyer

good D and passing and a nice 3 from danny, another gutsy performance from kevin, a few turnovers, that sick behind the back move, and he has NO BUSINESS nailing that 25-footer w/ those stiches in... unreal

sit ian for an entire half, he was throwing scud missiles at the rim from 4 feet, not rebounding, and damn near missed the rim on multiple free throws... pathetic. who is this guy? really, who is this guy?

that was a hard loss to rush to at the bar, straight from work

>Who knows, Abomb, maybe he's positioning himself to be the

>next Drake or Evansville HC.

he must still be pissed that he got turned down for the Northern Iowa job.

Seriously though, the MVC has one of the better attendence stats in the NCAA. Most of the arenas are filled and loud. Some of that is due to most being the only show in town, but it is also a testament to the support those programs get and it makes for some intimidating environments, something the A-10 lacks consistantly.