Is it necessary ....

courtside

To post negatively of a kid or of his college decision, or negatively of the school or town in which he is headed?

How about:

1) That is a bummer for SLU, but good luck to him.

or

2) I don't think it will be bad for SLU, but good luck to him.

Even if he attends the most hated school in your opinion, or place...would somebody explain to me why it is necessary for some to post in that manner, despite any and all frustrations for SLU fans? thx.

I'm sure that SLU gets ribbing about being located in the Detroit of the mid-midwest... I'm just saying, I can't imagine anyone from St. Louis moving out into Yee-Haw-Ville to play in a glorified jet hanger. Best of luck to the kid, I just wouldn't play there.

SIU-C's band had kids wearing white t-shirts (clean though!) and camo hats. The kid in our band plays booty toms for Justin Timberlake. That alone should figure in.

>You have a problem with people posting negative things about

>Carbondale and SIU-C, but you had no problem with people

>posting negative things about Duke and it fans in this post

>:

>http://www.billikens.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/d...orum=DCForumID3

I have a problem with intent w kid and other stuff. This was about a kid who didn't pick SLU. If you want to start a different toungue and cheek topic having fun with SIU fans, about something that happened in a game, go ahead.

The thread I posted was much much different, if you can't see the difference, then....I can't help ya.

in your reply to my post you stated, "I just don't reply to your drivel."

Did you even read the posts after the G.W. post? Mine in particular? Have you ever acknowledged any negatives with UB? I have acknowledged positives with UB. As have others, even the ones you accuse of being anti-brad. You're failure to be open-minded is silly. You use of exclamation points is commical.

You accuse me of being the joke and being 13, but you are the one that continually posts and run. I think Rush would call that drive-by posting. You won't respond to courtside's answers and follow-up questions to you.

I was always the class clown so i don't mind being an ongoing joke.

I would suggest that you go back and review the posts after losses vs. the posts after wins. I was not directly referring to you in the reply to Courtside. He was preaching a more balanced and civil approach to posting about another recruit- a sentiment that I agree with-- and I suggested that the message could be applied to the negative posters about the Billikens. I have pretty much stopped posting on this board because I have been out of town working and the reason why I posted in the first place was because I enjoyed the exchange with Billiken fans and that reason has been pretty much eliminated by the way this board has evolved.

This board is now dominated by a "Brad can do no right" cadre of so called fans that could not care less if the Bills win and are a little disappointed when they do because it might reflect well on Brad. Again, look at the volume of negative posts over the last two months after we lost a game vs those after the 5 good wins. The positive posts are from the same core of good fans who appreciate a nice victory and are happy for the team and the coach. The negative fans almost never post anything after a win and if they do it is a back handed compliment like--"why wasn't Brad doing .....before?" rather than a compliment for his adjustments and his adapting to the situations.

All you do is to look above this string for a series of super negative posts about the recruiting which is not done and will not be done for months and a loss to Xavier on their court--a game that before the season started no one would have picked as a win but now it is a bad loss. I have resigned myself that the board will never be the same and the Brad bashers will never change no matter what he does.

You said the brad haters "post nothing positive when we win 5 out of 7." That is just wrong.

I called you a joke for that because it's obvious you don't read the board and only come here to cry about negative things being said about the job being done by a guy who gets paid $500-700k/year. Moreover, no one has made a personal attack against brad to my knowledge, but you will insinuate that nonetheless. Oh, i know you can't post right now because you are out of town on work (who cares?).

"This board is now dominated by a "Brad can do no right" cadre of so called fans that could not care less if the Bills win and are a little disappointed when they do because it might reflect well on Brad."

that is just silly and ridiculous. Name the "cadre" of fans who think this? Canadian/GOP/Dubya lover, Hardball and who else? And i doubt those two even think as you say they do.

"The negative fans almost never post anything after a win and if they do it is a back handed compliment like--"why wasn't Brad doing .....before?" rather than a compliment for his adjustments and his adapting to the situations."

Again, you need to re-read the posts on the board.

"All you do is to look above this string for a series of super negative posts about the recruiting which is not done and will not be done for months"

Huh? Don't know if you missed it, but we have 0 recruits signed and the late signing period will be coming up real soon. Recruiting is a full-time gig. But you can't understand this because you won't even acknowledge that Brad has done a substandard job of recruiting recently.

"I have resigned myself that the board will never be the same and the Brad bashers will never change no matter what he does."

Boo-hoo. And i sound like the 13 year old?

You won't change your stripes and call out something negative, so you are just as bad as the alleged "Brad bashers". Close-minded is close minded.

OK my 13 year old clown let's get the facts straight.

For months, people have been posting insults about Brad from every direction. Go back and read the posts after the two bad losses. He was ripped personally and professionally, he was insulted and it was not just one or two posters--although I suspect that some posters may have been posting under more than one name.

I am sorry that the fact that I work hard bothers you. You obviously spend much of your day posting on internet sites. If you do not have to work for a living that is fine but do not insult people who do.

I spent some time the other day going back to read the posts from the past when we had lost the two games and I would suggest that you do the same because you have so much time on your hands. Then read the posts after our 5 good recent wins. Compare the incredible viciousness and insulting posts as to Brad and the team and look for those same people and see what they posted after the 5 victories. Most posted nothing after the wins and the few that did gave Brad some back handed compliments. The vicious negative posts have never been withdrawn.

You have obviously not read my posts because I have made several comments that were not positive but I do emphasize the positive because I know from personal experience that being negative all the time is a disease that eats away at success in any endeavor.

My comment on recruiting was related to the fact that an announcement of an oral committment for the spring for someone else does not mean that we will not sign anyone. When the spring signing period is over and we have no recruits then is the time for you and your buddies to weep and wail and grind your teeth. Until then, all of this is just rampant speculation. I wish we could have hit on some of the fall recruits but it did not happen so I now wait to see what happens in the spring. I do know that Brad is upbeat on the possibilities but time will tell.

"Close Minded"--are you kidding me? I have said over and over that Brad must prove himself in the next year and if he gets no recruits in the spring and none in the fall then if he does not have a big year next year he will be in trouble. "close minded" are those that hate Brad, want him fired and ignore the fact that we have 15 wins, including several very nice victories against good teams. Are you one of those Brad haters?

"...that is fine but do not insult people who do." after you started the post with "OK my 13 year old clown let's get the facts straight."

Hmmm...interesting.

"I am sorry that the fact that I work hard bothers you."

It does? You know what assuming does right...?

"If you do not have to work for a living that is fine but do not insult people who do."

One, point me to where i insulted the fact that you (or anyone) have to work for a living? I asked who cares that you can't post on a message board because you are out of town for work; a fact that you are compelled to tell us most every time you post. You are insecure, don't blame me.

"He was ripped personally and professionally, he was insulted and it was not just one or two posters--although I suspect that some posters may have been posting under more than one name."

That's your point to prove. Post links to the personal insults. Post links to where you find the proof that people HATE Brad PERSONALLY. That is complete rubbish.

"The vicious negative posts have never been withdrawn."

What do you consider vicious? Have a little proof to support your claim. Why do they have to be withdrawn?

"You have obviously not read my posts because I have made several comments that were not positive..."

You're right, i missed those "not positive" comments, could you summarize? What were they?

""Close Minded"--are you kidding me? I have said over and over that Brad must prove himself in the next year and if he gets no recruits in the spring and none in the fall then if he does not have a big year next year he will be in trouble."

Really, you have said this "over and over"? I don't recall and since i spend so much time on the internets, I would think i would recall this. Please point me to those posts. And yes, you are close-minded. We all are, it's just worse with some.

""close minded" are those that hate Brad"

Who hates Brad in your opinion? Be specific here. Hate is a strong word and you have such convinction that some people on here hate brad. Who are they? If you can't point them out, then your "hate" platform isn't too sturdy.

"Are you one of those Brad haters?"

No, i'm not. I question his coaching ability and his recruiting. But when he deserves credit, i give it to him (read my recent posts). When he deserves to be criticized, i criticize him. The latter technique is what differentiates me from you.

i think billikan has a far better grasp of reality than the "sky is falling" gang.

sure he is an optimist. he is a loyal booster and fan that loves the billikens hell or high water. i would gladly trade about 400 of the posters on this board for a billikan poster anyday.

I think a new battle is brewing between the "Love Brad First Crowd" versus the "Love the Billikens First Crowd". Count me in the "Love the Billikens First Crowd." It seems like there is a strange cult who have a difficult time finding fault with anything Brad does.

I support Brad, but not at all costs. If Brad is not best for the Billikens, then I want somebody else. Based on last season's recruiting misses, this season's performance and a general uneasiness about future recruiting, I am moving in the ABC direction. If things don't improve next season, it will be time for a change before we head into the new building.

strangely i also consider myself in the "love the billikens first crowd". the difference is that i think the other group is the "hate brad first club".

there is more to the billiken's non-sucesses than brad soderberg and chasing him off is fools gold that will only set the program back further. and lead to the never ending 5 year cycle starting again.

no, i think he has a very good grasp of reality and has an even greater grasp of what the real story is and has the class to try to remain positive about the team. in order to do that, he indeed steps on anonomous posters toes. but who the hell cares. we dont know who you are. you dont even have the guts to post your name. you change your moniker if you get caught with your pants down and start over with your attacks. that is reality.

"...and chasing him off is fools gold that will only set the program back further. and lead to the never ending 5 year cycle starting again."

That's not guaranteed. Who's to say that CL doens't have pull and if UB were replaced she also persuaded Biondi to loosen up the purse strings? Who's to say that a new guy wouldn't have recruits in hand? Who's to say that the SID wouldn't be better?

A change has a funny way of shaking things up and changing the way things are done. Given SLU's history, such change doesn't seem likely, but to state it as matter of factly as you do is in error i think.

"the difference is that i think the other group is the "hate brad first club"."

Who is in this club? Just curious, Billikan did his familiar post and run so i couldn't get an answer from him.

when have i changed my moniker? roy i think you are losing it a bit.

staying positive and grasping reality are two vastly different issues. its cute you defend billikan to the end. but there's no shame in admitting he really doesn't have a grasp on the reality of nearly all situations. its clear as day he only sees the positive, and that's not a good thing when you are evaluating a team.

Can you point me to the post where Billikan has been directly critical of anything in connection with UB?

Staying positive to be positive doesn't mean much if you can't contemplate and integrate the negatives into your thinking.

The only thing Billikan has posted about in the last couple of weeks or months is how people hate Brad and he's sick of it. What has he added to the board other than whining?

If whining = grasping reality...we all have a great grasp of reality.

I do not have the computer ability to drop in quotes from old posts so I went back to posts around pages 340 to 36. It is time consuming to read them all but here are some of the quotes that you say were not insulting--and there are many others.

Moytoy says on Jan 6,2007--"Has there ever been a time during UB's tenure when you (or anyone else) thought "wow, great coaching job ny UB, that adjustment won the game for us" or something similar?" Do you consider that an insult that you say over 5 years he has never made any adjustments that won a game for us?

Here are a bunch of comments:

BS is BS"

"Brad has OBVIOUSLY" lost control of the team"

Moytoy--"What nuances of the game does Brad appear to understand?" do you consider it an insult to say that a D1 coach does not understand any of the nuances of the game?

'Fire Brad now"

"Brad's gone"

"Soderberg has no idea what he is doing."

"Tommie, Kevin, Luke... what makes you think that they came to SLU because of any relationship with Brad?"

"Brad is an absolute fraud"

"If there is no one who can do better than Brad then we shoud drop out of D1 and go to NAIA"

"Fxxx Brad, I really hope we lose out and become the laughing stock of the conference and he gets fired"

There are hundreds of other similar posts but I just don't have the time to repeat them here.

Suffice it to say that your comment "That is complete rubbish" is ridiculous!