Big Classic today at Normandy, lots of D1 prospect.

VTIME

The opener at 2pm

Cahokia against Memphis Kingsbury. Cahokia has a standout freshman named Jarion Norris. He's 6'4 and averaging 12ppg. Probably not done growing, could be a big prospect in the future. Not just some big freshman. He's 7 of 10 from three pt land this year.

at 4pm

East St. Louis girls vs Normandy girls.

The two best juniors in the area matchup in the Teandra Smith of ESL, and Jasmine Bailey or Normandy. Smith is extremely athletic, a high, high major recruit. She's averaging 19pts, 12rebs, 4asts, 3steals, and 3.5 blks. She dominated the tournament in Peoria leading her team to victory in all 4 games. The 6'1 G/F played in the shadow of her twin sisters, but now she is taking the area by storm. Jasmine Bailey of Nomandy is no slouch either. The 5'9 G/F is averaging 17ppg, 13rbs, 4stls. She's put those numbers up with a D1 signee on her team in Shameia Green, another stud guard averaging 23ppg, 6rebs, and 5asts. I cant remember whether Green signed with Illinois State or Illinois Chicago.

At 6pm

Normandy Boys vs U-City. James should put on a show unless they are destroying U City so bad that coach clears the bench. James had 27 against Jennings last night, but in some blowouts of teams this season he has sat a lot and ended up with some 7 and 10pt games that have ruined his average. Should be close to 20ppg, but instead its 17.8.

At 8pm

Beaumont vs Riverview

Richard Anderson, Richard Anderson. Richard Anderson. He is a beast of a sophomore. The physical Kansas football recruit AJ Steward will try to hold him off with little success. I expect a big game for Rich after he killed Career Academy last night with his 20-10 game. I'm looking for consistency out of the prodigy.

PLEASE, SOME OF YOU GUYS COME. AT LEAST FOR THE LAST @ GAMES.

PS. Bailey, and Smith should have offers from Shimmy. Anderson should have an offer from Brad. I really like James, but I'm not sure if Brad should offer yet, but should be recruiting him.

>

> you're way behind on your shimmy recruiting. smith has

>been at several games this year as has many of the area's

>top players in the junior, sophomore and a few freshmen as

>well.

>

>bad boyz for life

I didnt say they werent. I know Shimmy is doing a great. Ruff, Lisch, Kemezys etc. All good area talents. Plus she's got Woods coming in next year. I dont know at all who she's offered. Common sense tells me that she offered Smith and I hope she offered Bailey. I'm kind of partial to my Normandy guys, but Bailey would convince anybody.

I know for certain Brad needs to offer Anderson.

teandra has already said in numerous articles that shimmy is recruiting her. that said, imo she will get recruited by the biggies before next fall. she is big big time prospect. imo the best potential of any girl in high school right now including shaq.

right now she has a dislocated toe so i do not know if she will play this weekend or not. she did not play vs my daughter's team tuesday nite. east side has an intriguing guard though that is worth watching as well, denisha mitchell. she is a nice show as well.

dont worry about shimmy making the offers. she is as hard working as i have ever seen. she is out and about constantly.

she also has a verbal already from junior alisha goodwin.

she is likely looking at eastsiders, junior, morgan harrington from belleville east and junior anya covington, from edwardsville.

i hope she is looking at katie broadway from civic memorial who i really like. she reminds me a lot of teresa.

>teandra has already said in numerous articles that shimmy is

>recruiting her. that said, imo she will get recruited by

>the biggies before next fall. she is big big time prospect.

> imo the best potential of any girl in high school right now

>including shaq.

>

>right now she has a dislocated toe so i do not know if she

>will play this weekend or not. she did not play vs my

>daughter's team tuesday nite. east side has an intriguing

>guard though that is worth watching as well, denisha

>mitchell. she is a nice show as well.

>

>dont worry about shimmy making the offers. she is as hard

>working as i have ever seen. she is out and about

>constantly.

Oh, I agree. Shimmy is doing a great job. Just think that this team is based mostly on the success of freshman. They are already very good and this team could be scary as juniors and seniors. She does a great job with the area recruiting. I cant even fault her for not getting Shaq Jones cause her dad played for MU. She shocked me in knowing about Evelyn Ruff. Shimmy has a great eye for talent. Any of you guys seen Bailey of Normandy play. I think she's as good any junior not named Smith. Does anyone know where Smith's sisters who are twins ended up?

I found this old thread relating to this topic.

http://www.billikens.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/9425.html

I want you guys to Richard Anderson tonigt though. He should have an offer.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. You never really know how kids are going to handle the ACT these days. Is Teandra on par with her sisters academically. Same question for the other Billiken recruits. Is Shimmy a better recruiter than Brad in your opinion Roy?

V-Time, I am not trying to make a point with this post, but who from the area do you honestly believe should be offered by SLU at this point. I do not live in the area anymore, so I was curious what guys you think are worth a look. Anyone else can chime in as well, I am back in St. Louis for a couple months and I may try to get out to check a couple kids out.

>V-Time, I am not trying to make a point with this post, but

>who from the area do you honestly believe should be offered

>by SLU at this point. I do not live in the area anymore, so

>I was curious what guys you think are worth a look. Anyone

>else can chime in as well, I am back in St. Louis for a

>couple months and I may try to get out to check a couple

>kids out.

I'm going to list guys with and without offers okay.

Class of 2007

Leon Powell, Josh Edmonds, Kavon Lacey, Paul Eckerle and Conner Teahan. I wouldnt mind Jeff Jordan because of what he could mean for the program on and off the court and because Xavier, a conference rival offered him.

Class of 2008. Thompson, Brandenburg, Suggs, Swopshire, John, Cornelius Walker, Anthony Booker, Sanijay Watts, and Jesse Perry. I know you are think that we lose Polk next year and there is no pg among the guys listed, but Perry can play pg. If any of those guards commit early to another school, I think Anthony James should get an offer.

Class of 2009

Tyler Griffey, Richard Anderson, Bryant Allen, and Doug Wallace.

Class of 2010

No one has proven enough yet. These kids shouldn't have offers yet, but are currently thetop prospects of the bunch, Nathan Scheer, Jarion Norris, and Ryan Pierson.

Let me know if you need to know the schools these kids attend. Please list the kids.

Also in the Class of 2009, Zumwalt West's Gavin Wiss should be worthy of an offer in the near future, if he's not already there. Wiss is 6-foot-9, already taller than St. Charles center Josh Harrellson, and looks like he's still growing.

Wiss has come a long way in the last two years. He has a lot of potential.

- Nate

>Also in the Class of 2009, Zumwalt West's Gavin Wiss should

>be worthy of an offer in the near future, if he's not

>already there. Wiss is 6-foot-9, already taller than St.

>Charles center Josh Harrellson, and looks like he's still

>growing.

>

>Wiss has come a long way in the last two years. He has a lot

>of potential.

>

>- Nate

I feel the same way. Is there a reason why he didnt stay at Lafayette with Ty Griffey to form the area's most imposing frontline thru 2009.

Teandra Smith didnt play because of injury. Shameia Green of Normandy got hurt in the 1st quarter and sat out the rest. ESL won by 1 pt. Junior Jasmine Bailey had a chance to hit the go ahead free throws, but missed the front end of the 1 and 1. Other than that error Bailey had a great game and showed why she is D1. James had 25 I think for Normandy in the matchup vs UCity. Anderson had a good game for Beaumont, strong post play, a couple of dunks despite foul trouble. It went into OT.

word on the street is that jesse perry has been offered as well.

as for shimmy, she has been the anti-brad in terms of recruiting. not only does she work hard at it, but she works the area even harder and has seen immediate results. she already has it figured out.

as b. roy said, she already has a commitment from the goodwin girl from althoff. she will probably get another one from a girl from kirkwood named devonna smith, a excellent athlete in the '08 class.

bad boyz for life

thanks. I believe in the talent in this area. I think the Men's and Women's teams can ride area players to success. I'm glad Shimmy agrees, and she appears to already be reaping the rewards. Brad is too with 4 area starters and Maguire and Knollmeyer hopefully stepping up next year, specifically Knollmeyer as a possible starter. Knollmeyer is an in-state player, but technically not an area player, but you get my drift.

That's 4 local success stories Brad has at his disposal when recruiting the area for more talent. I really hope Powell signs. In recent years, some very talented area guys have had trouble qualifying academically, (Kern, Muse, Watts). What can we do to help these kids who are just inches from a getting a free world-class education qualify. In 2007, you would think this problem wouldnt still be so common and kids that have played on AAU teams for years and with other big time prospects would be able to realize how vital academics and that they need to qualify instead of going to a no-name JUCO and hoping to get a D1 and maybe still not being eligible after JUCO.

Broy stated.... "imo, shimmy is a better recruiter than any billiken coach i have ever seen in any sport." Well maybe....maybe not!

indeed shimmy is doing a great job of recruiter, considering West Pine is her home.

However, please take note of what the Billiken v-ball team did under Coach Anne Kordes in only her third season at SLU: tied for the 2006 A-10 regular season title, won the 2006 A-10 post-season tournament and gained SLU's first-ever NCAA post-season tournament bid. Kordes was named 2006 A-10 v-ball coach of the year.

A Kordes juco recruit from Russia...Tatyana Menshikova, was named to the NCAA honorable mention all-american team (only the second such honor in billiken v-ball history).

SLU freshman Sammie McCloud(Columbia, ILL) was named 2006 A-10 Freshman of the Year, in addition to being named 2006 A-10 post-season tournament MVP. Three of the six-players named to the 2006 A-10 all-freshman team were Billikens.....(McCloud, Behrens, Roth).

Hopefully, the women's bball team can match the women's v-ball teams results. Both head coaches are strong recruiters. Fortunately for both head coaches, the metro St. Louis area is more consistent in producing women v-ball players and women b-ball players....than we see on the boy's side.

>

>Broy stated.... "imo, shimmy is a better recruiter than any

>billiken coach i have ever seen in any sport." Well

>maybe....maybe not!

>

>indeed shimmy is doing a great job of recruiter, considering

>West Pine is her home.

>

>However, please take note of what the Billiken v-ball team

>did under Coach Anne Kordes in only her third season at SLU:

>tied for the 2006 A-10 regular season title, won the 2006

>A-10 post-season tournament and gained SLU's first-ever NCAA

>post-season tournament bid. Kordes was named 2006 A-10

>v-ball coach of the year.

>

>A Kordes juco recruit from Russia...Tatyana Menshikova, was

>named to the NCAA honorable mention all-american team (only

>the second such honor in billiken v-ball history).

>

>SLU freshman Sammie McCloud(Columbia, ILL) was named 2006

>A-10 Freshman of the Year, in addition to being named 2006

>A-10 post-season tournament MVP. Three of the six-players

>named to the 2006 A-10 all-freshman team were

>Billikens.....(McCloud, Behrens, Roth).

>

>Hopefully, the women's bball team can match the women's

>v-ball teams results. Both head coaches are strong

>recruiters. Fortunately for both head coaches, the metro St.

>Louis area is more consistent in producing women v-ball

>players and women b-ball players....than we see on the boy's

>side.

Outstanding post!!!

I'm telling you guys a trip to W.Pine to see the womens volleyball team is well worth your time.

Now if we could just get a hot woman coach for mens basketball.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Hilarious, but seriously, I think the move to A-10 has been great for every team except Men's Basketball. If I'm not mistaken, the baseball and soccer teams have enjoyed a ton of success since the move. Women's Volleyball as well, and women's basketball. The men have surprised, but its so hard to make the tourney in this conference because they dont get any bids. I would've thought moving to the valley would've been the natural choice as you are competing for the same kids and region as them anyway and you have geographical rivals etc.

The problem is that the move isn't just for Mens basketball. It is for an entire University. And even if it were for just mens basketball, 3 or 4 years ago the A10 was far superior. It will cycle again ... I have powers ... I know.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.