DAn Oneil

I was thinking the other day of how many of us were disappointed with the original announcement that Brad would take over. We wanted someone higher profile or someone who could recruit (e.g., the MSU asst.). Well, count me happy to have Brad as the coach. I apologize to coach for any doubts. Many of our brethern to the west wish they had a coach like Brad right now.

and while some of us never questioned his coaching abilities and "bloodlines" experience, the one thing i wasnt sure of was his recruiting abilities. well wisconsin has had nothing but success of recent years and i guess his last wisconsin recruits are now what juniors and seniors? his recruiting "reaches" while at slu have all worked out better than anyone would have dreamed. next year he has what i think is the second best recruiting class in my 20+ years of following billiken basketball and if that last scholarship turns out to be a homerun, it might be the best. and most rumblings say he has the head start on most of the underclass talent in st louis as well. no, i have no doubts, brad soderberg is a diamond.

The truth be told - some of those Tiger players Brad would never have because he would not recruit them due to their baggage. Some of the Tiger players he would probably like to have as would I but who knows what all the personnel issues are at that school. It seems like a nightmare for any coach much less one like Q who is at best avg on the Xs and Os.

I will go public that at the time, I was not thrilled with the naming of Brad Soderberg as our coach. I admit - I could not have been more wrong - what a coach, what a great asset to our University. The one thing I hope is that we have him for an extended period. The one thing we need is coaching stability and continuity in the program.

It's great feeling we have a chance in every game we play. Let's win the next two at home... then steal one on the road.