#1 majerus mojo

majerus mojo

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Nothing says summer optimism like perusing the venues for next season's dance:

First Four (March 19 and 20) Second and third rounds (March 21/23) and (22/24) Regional sites (March 28/30) and (29/31) Final Four - Atlanta (April 6 and 8)Distance-wise, Kansas City would be an awesome first/second round trip, with Kentucky or a return to Ohio also pretty doable.

For the Regionals, I'd probably hope for a return to Indianapolis, though the idea of playing S16/E8 games in Jerry's World makes me a little woozy as well.

The Kool-Aid is flowin'

#2 bills10

bills10

Junior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

We would dominate Dayton just like we did Columbus. Lexington or KC would be good too

#3 Cowboy

Cowboy

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

-not that we will be playing in dayton on tues or wed, but the committee could hope for a regional #1 seed to put there against a play in winner for lower travel costs, the play in winner will have won a game in that gym, perhaps advantage enough to make it time for a 16 to get a 1, if some planets/stars/moons/clover align for the 16
-It is VERY hard work being a Billiken fan.

#4 Bobby Metzinger

Bobby Metzinger

#DreamsOfMakingIt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts
  • Interests:Dreams Of Making It

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Majerus would destroy the Dallas eateries if we make it to the Sweet16 and play in Arlington. Campisi's, Kathleen's Sky Diner, Bob's Steak House. Game. Set. Majerus.

#5 moytoy12

moytoy12

I have reached billiken_roy levels of posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,759 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Majerus would destroy the Dallas eateries if we make it to the Sweet16 and play in Arlington. Campisi's, Kathleen's Sky Diner, Bob's Steak House. Game. Set. Majerus.

Ever hit Mia's right next to bob's?

#6 Bobby Metzinger

Bobby Metzinger

#DreamsOfMakingIt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Ever hit Mia's right next to bob's?

I lived right down the street on Lemmon Ave. from all those spots, Moy! The best place to go is Eatzi's after 8:30 pm when they mark down all the take-home meals. Pick up lunch for the week on the cheap!

#7 Pistol

Pistol

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

My move to Cincy is more attractive because of the early round sites. Dayton is an hour away, Lexington not even 90 minutes. Auburn Hills isn't bad, probably less than 5 hours. I'd probably do the longer drives to Philadelphia or KC, too. San Jose, Austin, and Salt Lake would be flights and therefore less likely. I'm going to try to make the A10 Tournament in Brooklyn the weekend before.

#8 Bellevegas Bill

Bellevegas Bill

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

I feel like if SLU gets to the Sweet 16 we would be in the East Regional or West Regional...

#9 slubilliken09

slubilliken09

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:Reds, Bengals, Bombers, Cyclones

BILLIKENS

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

My move to Cincy is more attractive because of the early round sites. Dayton is an hour away, Lexington not even 90 minutes. Auburn Hills isn't bad, probably less than 5 hours. I'd probably do the longer drives to Philadelphia or KC, too. San Jose, Austin, and Salt Lake would be flights and therefore less likely. I'm going to try to make the A10 Tournament in Brooklyn the weekend before.

Good luck with the move. Despite what many posters think, Cincinnati is a nice city.

Being able to seriously/reasonably look at the NCAA tournament sites with high expectations is a lot of fun.
@slubilliken09

"If you are looking for pot, talk to Chris May. He has some great stuff."
-Larry Biondi

#10 Pistol

Pistol

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Good luck with the move. Despite what many posters think, Cincinnati is a nice city.

Being able to seriously/reasonably look at the NCAA tournament sites with high expectations is a lot of fun.

Thanks, and it sure is nice to look this far in advance without feeling like it's a total daydream.

By the way, on my ride to work the other day, I saw a parked car with a SLU license plate personalized to say "GOREDS". I think we live on the same street.

#11 kshoe

kshoe

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

I feel like if SLU gets to the Sweet 16 we would be in the East Regional or West Regional...

I feel like you'll be right about 50% of the time on that prediction.

#12 milwaukeebill

milwaukeebill

Junior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Why is the Missouri Valley hosting a tournament site in Kansas city? I guess I cant think of a D1 team in KC but wouldnt MVC only hold events in St. Louis?

#13 Box and Won

Box and Won

• Members
  • 10,622 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

It's important to point out that this is good for basketball purposes ONLY.

***Billiken Football: Undefeated Since 1949***

"Justin Love: Shouldn't we all be just in love?" - Charlie Steiner, ESPN SportsCenter, March 2000

"John Redden is SIMMERING ONIONS!!" - Bill Raftery, CBS, March 2000

#14 Bobby Metzinger

Bobby Metzinger

#DreamsOfMakingIt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Why is the Missouri Valley hosting a tournament site in Kansas city? I guess I cant think of a D1 team in KC but wouldnt MVC only hold events in St. Louis?

This means all Big 12 schools are eligible to play at Sprint Center...

Foreshadowing a possible HQ move??? From WJBC (Bloomington/Normal):
http://wjbc.com/miss...nament-in-2013/

The 2013 event will mark the first time the St. Louis-based Missouri Valley Conference will host an NCAA basketball championship event in a city other than St. Louis, although Creighton and The Valley co-hosted a men’s basketball first/second round in Omaha in 2008.
“The award of the 2013 event is testimony to the faith and trust the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee has in the Missouri Valley Conference and in Kansas City,” said Doug Elgin, commissioner of the Missouri Valley Conference.
“The Valley and its partners have always been committed to conducting first-class, fiscally responsible events. We are thrilled to have another chance to host an NCAA Tournament event and establish new relationships with our hosting partners in Kansas City,” Elgin said.
The Valley has helped bring 10 NCAA events to St. Louis since 1993, hosting men’s regionals in 1993, 1998, 1999, 2004, 2007 and 2010; a men’s first/second round in 2002, the Women’s Final Four in 2001 and in 2009, and the Men’s Final Four in 2005.

#15 DirtyRican

DirtyRican

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Bills Basketball, Miami Football, running and drinking beers.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

It's important to point out that this is good for basketball purposes ONLY.

Box-please don't forget about Dayton's fine suburb of Xenia, OH. Home to Athletes in Action and Ohio's oldest and the World's best marathon. The site where the DirtyRican took 1st place (pre-race dinner at Applebees) in the Clydesdales.....not to be confused with Chip and Dales. Other than that the Dayton area sucks.
Coach: Look Scotty, I know what you're going through. Couple years back, a kid came to me much the same way you're coming to me now, saying the same thing that you're saying. He wanted to drop off the team. His mother was a widow, all crippled up. She was scrubbing floors. She had this pin in her hip. So he wanted to drop basketball and get a job. Now these were poor people, these were hungry people with real problems. Understand what I'm saying?

Scott Howard: What happened to the kid?

Coach: I don't know. He quit. He was a third stringer, I didn't need him.

The Great Bobby Finstock-Head Coach of the Beacon High Beavers Basketball Team

#16 someoneelse

someoneelse

Freshman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Butler/Horizon League is hosting in Indy? Shouldn't that be Butler/Atlantic 10? IUPUI is in the Summit League. Maybe just not updated.
Coach Dale: There's a tradition in tournament play to not talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you. I'm sure going to the State finals is beyond your wildest dreams, so let's just keep it right there.

Forget about the crowds, the size of the school, their fancy uniforms, and remember what got you here. Focus on the fundamentals that we've gone over time and time again.

And most important, don't get caught up thinking about winning or loosing this game. If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners!

#17 billiken_roy

billiken_roy

• Members
  • 22,043 posts
  • Interests:The Billikens, Ainad Shriner Drum and Bugle Corps, The Rotary Club of Swansea, Collecting Anheuser Busch Beer Steins, and Watching high school sports.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Butler/Horizon League is hosting in Indy? Shouldn't that be Butler/Atlantic 10? IUPUI is in the Summit League. Maybe just not updated.

we have co-hosted ncaa events in the past with the mvc so butler could be co-hosting with the horizon even though they are now in the A-10.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

#18 Box and Won

Box and Won

• Members
  • 10,622 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

The 2013 event will mark the first time the St. Louis-based Missouri Valley Conference will host an NCAA basketball championship event in a city other than St. Louis, although Creighton and The Valley co-hosted a men’s basketball first/second round in Omaha in 2008.

So it will be the first time the MVC has hosted an event outside of St. Louis, except for that one other time it hosted an event outside of St. Louis?

***Billiken Football: Undefeated Since 1949***

"Justin Love: Shouldn't we all be just in love?" - Charlie Steiner, ESPN SportsCenter, March 2000

"John Redden is SIMMERING ONIONS!!" - Bill Raftery, CBS, March 2000

#19 bbtds

bbtds

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Valpo basketball.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

UMKC, the Summit League will refer to them as Kansas City this season.

Bizziken, on 08 Nov 2013 - 8:25 PM, said:

Crews better eat someone's face at halftime

#20 bbtds

bbtds

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Valpo basketball.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Horizon League headquarters are next door to Lucas Oil Stadium.

Bizziken, on 08 Nov 2013 - 8:25 PM, said:

Crews better eat someone's face at halftime