109 replies to this topic

#21 MIZ-SLU

MIZ-SLU

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Jeeze. I am not trolling. No need to hate. I decided to post because I love SLU basketball and wanted to talk about it. If you are going to judge me based off the fact that I attend Mizzou and, therefore, root for them too that's fine, but it does not diminish my undying love for the Billikens. The only reason I am cautious as a Billikens fan is that I have gotten overly excited about a team before only to have my hopes dashed. I try and keep a level head about my teams. I think they will make the Tournament and have a great chance to do damage. But as a SLU fan, wouldn't you say that we should keep our expectations in check this early in the season? Let's win Sunday before we start punching our ticket to the dance.

#22 joe_davola

joe_davola

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Kiboshing, Billiken Basketball, Rams Football, Blues Hockey, Cardinals Baseball, Horror Movies, Streetfighting, Boxing, Running, Lifting, Clowns

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Let's just say I'm not overly impressed by the teams that Mizzou has beaten. Notre Dame isn't very good. Washington is most likely better than Cal. Yet we should be cautious as SLU fans, but it's obvious that Mizzou will blow out Nova? Right.

100% agree buddy
"Jerry, Joe Davola. *Pbt.* *Pbt.* *Pbt.* I have a hair on my tongue; I can't get it off. You know how much I hate that? 'Course you do, you put it there. I know what you said about me, Seinfeld. I know you badmouthed me to the execs at NBC, put the kibosh on my deal. Now I'm going to put the kibosh on you. You know I've kiboshed before, and I will kibosh again."

#23 billikenfan05

billikenfan05

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

100% agree buddy

Fuok mizzou Fuok them up their stupid asses

#NBTW

What Stevie Wonder is to the Jonas Brothers, Kevin Lisch is to Saint Louis -John Buccigross (SportsCenter)

KC PULLS HIS BALLS OUT AND SHOWS EVERYONE HOW BIG THEY ARE. FROM THREEPOINTLAND. (Jimbofive)

#24 West Pine Jim

West Pine Jim

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Jeeze. I am not trolling. No need to hate. I decided to post because I love SLU basketball and wanted to talk about it. If you are going to judge me based off the fact that I attend Mizzou and, therefore, root for them too that's fine, but it does not diminish my undying love for the Billikens. The only reason I am cautious as a Billikens fan is that I have gotten overly excited about a team before only to have my hopes dashed. I try and keep a level head about my teams. I think they will make the Tournament and have a great chance to do damage. But as a SLU fan, wouldn't you say that we should keep our expectations in check this early in the season? Let's win Sunday before we start punching our ticket to the dance.

You're absolutely right but maybe you could reverse the syllables of your title.

#25 MIZ-SLU

MIZ-SLU

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

My title in no way denotes my preference or fandom of one team over another. I have been a SLU fan way longer than a Mizzou fan and quite frankly live and die with every SLU game a bit more than Mizzou. Haha. I can take the shiznit for being a Tiger fan as long as people realize I am a SLU fan too.

So, getting back to the whole Top 25 thing, who thinks we are ranked if we win? Haha.

GO BILLS!

#26 West Pine Jim

West Pine Jim

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

My title in no way denotes my preference or fandom of one team over another. I have been a SLU fan way longer than a Mizzou fan and quite frankly live and die with every SLU game a bit more than Mizzou. Haha. I can take the shiznit for being a Tiger fan as long as people realize I am a SLU fan too.

So, getting back to the whole Top 25 thing, who thinks we are ranked if we win? Haha.

GO BILLS!

Win 2 more in California and we're in.

#27 brianstl

brianstl

I have reached billiken_roy levels of posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Haith is getting his money's worth out of his MU players right now. Seems like he is getting a better return on investment in Columbia than he did at Miami.
No excuses this year.

Posted Image

#28 Franchise_08

Franchise_08

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

UMC has been alright I guess. Not a fan. The pressure full court defense works non-conference against teams not used to seeing it, but conference games are the test. Are they still using the press in Columbia?
"There is no course here (SLU) where you groom a Chia Pet and get an "A"-Rick Majerus

"Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face"-Mike Tyson

"George Washington's brother is the uncle of the country, but nobody gives a damn."

#29 BACKHANDtheRICAN

BACKHANDtheRICAN

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

If you are going to judge me based off the fact that I attend Mizzou and, therefore, root for them too that's fine

I am. Stick to your Mizzou board.

"My sources tell me that Biedschied will be a Billiken" - Westy

"Im not too confident winning there (Richmond)..." - Westy on 2/3/13

I've been bulking since birth

" KC was indeed horrible in the LMU game...It was obvious that KC had nothing" - Eastsidejoe 12/1/2011 4:24 pm cst

#30 joe_davola

joe_davola

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Kiboshing, Billiken Basketball, Rams Football, Blues Hockey, Cardinals Baseball, Horror Movies, Streetfighting, Boxing, Running, Lifting, Clowns

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

GO BILLS!

Since you are a long time reader of the board, you know quite well that some people here don't particular care for anything to do with that school. Surely you aren't that naive to think you could put that in your screen name and not catch some BS. Delusional.
"Jerry, Joe Davola. *Pbt.* *Pbt.* *Pbt.* I have a hair on my tongue; I can't get it off. You know how much I hate that? 'Course you do, you put it there. I know what you said about me, Seinfeld. I know you badmouthed me to the execs at NBC, put the kibosh on my deal. Now I'm going to put the kibosh on you. You know I've kiboshed before, and I will kibosh again."

#31 MIZ-SLU

MIZ-SLU

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Haha I said that I know people don't like Mizzou and I am fine with that. I can be a fan of both teams. And I will gladly take the BS that comes with it. It is only fair. All I ask is that my fandom for the Bills is not called into question. Because that is something that has been around long before I even knew what Mizzou was.

#32 joe_davola

joe_davola

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Haha I said that I know people don't like Mizzou and I am fine with that. I can be a fan of both teams. And I will gladly take the BS that comes with it. It is only fair. All I ask is that my fandom for the Bills is not called into question. Because that is something that has been around long before I even knew what Mizzou was.

Only way I believe this is if you paint your face blue and white and buy beers for my whole row. Thanks buddy!

#33 MIZ-SLU

MIZ-SLU

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Only way I believe this is if you paint your face blue and white and buy beers for my whole row. Thanks buddy!

I am a broke college student. I can't afford beer for myself. Will the facepainting do?

#34 Franchise_08

Franchise_08

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Will the nice start equal a nice attendance for UMC at the Paige? Prob not, its deer season.
"There is no course here (SLU) where you groom a Chia Pet and get an "A"-Rick Majerus

"Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face"-Mike Tyson

"George Washington's brother is the uncle of the country, but nobody gives a damn."

#35 JettFlight5

JettFlight5

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,261 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Let's just say I'm not overly impressed by the teams that Mizzou has beaten. Notre Dame isn't very good. Washington is most likely better than Cal. Yet we should be cautious as SLU fans, but it's obvious that Mizzou will blow out Nova? Right.

Notre Dame just got a whole lot worse. Abromatis out for year.

Chairman of the SLU Over-Reaction Committe

One more miracle, men. One more miracle.

Rammer Quote of the Season: "I'm not doing play-by-play because they're just standing there."

This is the artist formerly known as BustedDreams. It's an optimism thing.

#36 MIZ-SLU

MIZ-SLU

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

Will the nice start equal a nice attendance for UMC at the Paige? Prob not, its deer season.

No arguments there. Fans only show up for conference play. No one wants to go watch the Tigers play opponents like SEMO, Binghampton and Mercer. They had a nice turnout at the Sprint Center this week though.

#37 MIZ-SLU

MIZ-SLU

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

UMC has been alright I guess. Not a fan. The pressure full court defense works non-conference against teams not used to seeing it, but conference games are the test. Are they still using the press in Columbia?

Not really. Haith has brought a high pressure, half-court defense to Columbia with him. It has worked better so far.

#38 MIZ-SLU

MIZ-SLU

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

But, for real, I would rather talk some Billiken basketball. I have a Mizzou board for Tiger Basketball. This is the most excited I have ever been about a Billiken team maybe ever! Who does everyone want to draw Sunday? I say Oklahoma so we can go for another scalp. Then we would just be missing the SEC for a full house.

#39 bamjam

bamjam

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

How was that attendance for Washington? Ramsey was touting a sell-out, I walk in and the whole upper bowl was practically empty. Worry about yourself before you bag others.

#40 GoBills

GoBills

Junior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

How was that attendance for Washington? Ramsey was touting a sell-out, I walk in and the whole upper bowl was practically empty. Worry about yourself before you bag others.

Looks like somebody got their feelings hurt.