on the schedule

Scoop

I hope this isn't the "big" scheduling surprise. I will say it could get worse than Murray State as far as mid-majors go.

Im guessing this isnt the surprise either.

Murray State was 28-5 last year and 17-1 in the OVC. Their RPI last year was 57, so this looks like a pretty good team to put on the schedule.

Im guessing this isnt the surprise either.

Murray State was 28-5 last year and 17-1 in the OVC. Their RPI last year was 57, so this looks like a pretty good team to put on the schedule.

How about putting the schedule together on the home page.

This is a nice game to get on the home schedule, but I do hope it is just a buy game. Their building is a tough place to play.

Doesn't sound like a buy game to me. They have a better recent history than us. If we're going to be good we have to go to tough places to play and win.

'Im guessing home-and-home? 2010-11 here and 2011-12 there? There at that time when the nucleus are seniors and juniors? Good test IMO.

I'm guessing but also hopeful that its just a buy game. I have no idea what players they have coming back but if you look at their schedule the past few years they never have A-10 or higher caliber teams playing at their home gym. Here are their Pomeroy ratings for the past few seasons:

2007: 217

2008: 194

2009: 137

2010: 50

Looks like Indiana St. got them as a buy game in 2009. Hopefully this is just one of the upgraded buy games that we have heard RM mention we are trying to schedule.

I thought they were going to juggle the schedule going forward so we did not have them both home one year, away the next. We had them both home this year.

mhg

That is correct. We are @ MSU this year (front page says we are at home) and next year we'll be at SIU.

We are definitely playing Bowling Green at home.

Also, there is a 3 game tourney in Cancun around December.

Just got a text from a friend of mine who lives in Murray, KY and is a season ticket holder for Murray State. He said he just saw their schedule and the Racers are coming to St. Louis.

Unless we are playing in the ESPN bracketbuster(which I hope we are not), looks like my boy gave me some bogus info. I'm not seeing the Bills on the Racers schedule. I'll bust his balls.

Butler's most competitive game in the NCAA tournament before the Finals last year was against Murray State. They beat Murray 54-52 in a great game. Murray had the ball in the last second with a chance to tie or win, but turned it over. Tough team coming to the Fetz.

bad boyz for life

Unless we are playing in the ESPN bracketbuster(which I hope we are not), looks like my boy gave me some bogus info. I'm not seeing the Bills on the Racers schedule. I'll bust his balls.

Well that sucks if we aren't playing them. I was hoping they were a top notch buy game.

Butler's most competitive game in the NCAA tournament before the Finals last year was against Murray State. They beat Murray 54-52 in a great game. Murray had the ball in the last second with a chance to tie or win, but turned it over. Tough team coming to the Fetz.

bad boyz for life

Yeah, they won their first game in the tourney and and have a lot coming back. I would have loved to play them home and home.