GDT: NC AT&T Mobile

bonwich

Also, want to point out the hard work Ash and Mike did in denying their leading scorer the ball most of the second half. They really worked to front and deny him, which probably took away a bit from their ability to contribute on the other end. He made a few long 2's off of multiple screens, but we did a great job of making him catch the ball 16ft from the basket.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, want to point out the hard work Ash and Mike did in denying their leading scorer the ball most of the second half. They really worked to front and deny him, which probably took away a bit from their ability to contribute on the other end. He made a few long 2's off of multiple screens, but we did a great job of making him catch the ball 16ft from the basket.

Ash is just an outstanding defender.

Crawford needs to start making layups but I thought his defense was really good last night.

I'm glad Crews went back to playing the hot hand down the stretch yesterday. Seems like he got a way from that a bit against TACC. Reynolds was a stud, McBroom was hitting shots, Ash was playing great D, and Manning played with more energy than I've maybe ever seen from him.

Crawford needs to start making layups but I thought his defense was really good last night.

I'm glad Crews went back to playing the hot hand down the stretch yesterday. Seems like he got a way from that a bit against TACC. Reynolds was a stud, McBroom was hitting shots, Ash was playing great D, and Manning played with more energy than I've maybe ever seen from him.

Agree with each point, well put.

Crawford's cut in playing time makes no sense to me. His MPG has been cut more than 50% over the last two games. I thought he did a nice job on both ends in the first two games. Two games we won over teams superior to our last two opponents. He had a couple stupid turnovers, but others had have been worse in that aspect so far this season. Just having a hard time figuring out why his minutes were slashed.

Crawford's cut in playing time makes no sense to me. His MPG has been cut more than 50% over the last two games. I thought he did a nice job on both ends in the first two games. Two games we won over teams superior to our last two opponents. He had a couple stupid turnovers, but others had have been worse in that aspect so far this season. Just having a hard time figuring out why his minutes were slashed.

He did struggle yesterday, got blocked a few times and it affected his ability to convert otherwise easy buckets. I did appreciate his assertiveness, but he needs to be a bit more nuanced/tricky when going to basket or he will keep getting blocked.

I'm stealing this thought from a buddy, but Reynolds' 19 points last night came in bizarre fashion. He appeared to be seeking out contact in order to draw fouls and get to the line, which is super weird for a skinny freshman in his fourth game. He succeeded, obviously, and has the FT shooting ability to pull it off. And I'm not questioning his desire or toughness. It's just an unusual choice, and he's going to be out with injuries if he keeps it up.

Crawford seemed a bit slow on his release, whether from the perimeter or in the lane. It's almost like he was hesitating a half second before choosing to shoot, and he was blocked a few times.

I can't put my finger on what's up with Ash. I feel like he's a better shooter and finisher but that isn't showing yet. Is it a confidence thing? Getting used to the offense or his teammates?

I'm stealing this thought from a buddy, but Reynolds' 19 points last night came in bizarre fashion. He appeared to be seeking out contact in order to draw fouls and get to the line, which is super weird for a skinny freshman in his fourth game. He succeeded, obviously, and has the FT shooting ability to pull it off. And I'm not questioning his desire or toughness. It's just an unusual choice, and he's going to be out with injuries if he keeps it up.

Crawford seemed a bit slow on his release, whether from the perimeter or in the lane. It's almost like he was hesitating a half second before choosing to shoot, and he was blocked a few times.

I can't put my finger on what's up with Ash. I feel like he's a better shooter and finisher but that isn't showing yet. Is it a confidence thing? Getting used to the offense or his teammates?

I think Miles thinks he's still in highschool and just attacks the rim. This is a good thing. He is really quick. Ash will be fine. He just needs to relax a little. He will be fine.

Miles is smart. He figured if he drove to the basket he would either get the bucket or get to the line. JJ became the A-10 POY doing that. JJ had better finishing results, but he wasn't near the free throw shooter MR is.

Why do they have Gillmann trapping on the perimeter? He isn't quick enough to recover back to his man and the rotation over ot his man is too slow. NCA&T wasn't smart enough to exploit it, but the open man was there for the easy bucket in the post.

His performance seems consistent with what we've seen from other transfers. Not necessarily rust, maybe more of a readjustment to playing in games.

I'd like to see his FT shooting improve, and fast.

The attendance of 4,507 was the second smallest regular season crowd at Chaifetz. UMass drew only 4,086 in 2010-11. I don't remember the reason for the small attendance that day. (The CBI tourney in 2009-2010 had two crowds smaller than last night.)

I will state my opinion that there were not 4,507 people in the house last night.

I had a huge exam I had to take last night so I did not see the game?... I have it dvred and am about to watch it today... I will watch the whole game, but when do we get to the point tht it's less stressful on my heart?

Everyone needs to start making layups. I'm pretty sure we missed more shots from within 2 feet than we did from elsewhere on the court.

-is there a shot chart available anywhere?? i would love to see these numbers by player but i guess it is not as it would have provided an answer to a debate that i expect will resurrect discussing another player at some point