Media Information for North Carolina A&T

Go_Bills

Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
North Carolina A&T VS Saint Louis Billikens
Chaifetz Arena 7:00 p.m. (CST)

TV: FSMW+* / FCSC

Saint Louis University’s men’s basketball game on Tuesday, Nov. 25, at 7 p.m. against North Carolina A&T will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest Plus due to overlap with other programming commitments on FOX Sports Midwest. Below are channel numbers for FOX Sports Midwest Plus for local video providers.

FOX Sports Midwest Plus channel numbers for local video providers

Tuesday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m. CT: North Carolina A&T at Saint Louis

• AT&T U-verse SD 747 / HD 1747
  • Cable America – Maryland Heights SD 12 or 22
  • Cass – Jerseyville, Ill. SD 12
  • Cass – Virginia, Ill. SD 8 / HD 197
  • Centurylink – Columbia, Mo. 749
  • Charter – St. Louis SD 75 and 213 / HD 826
  • Comcast – Illinois SD 524 / HD 520
  • Consolidated 181
  • DirecTV SD 671-1 / HD 671-1
  • Dish SD 447 or 412-35 / HD 447, 412-33 or 9517
  • Fidelity – Sullivan SD 72
  • Grafton Technologies SD 78 / HD 790
  • Highland Communications SD 51 / HD 551
  • HomeTel – Madison SD 100-1 / HD 196
  • HTC Communications – Monroe, Ill. SD 77 / HD 1077
  • Madison Communications SD 26
  • Mediacom – Southern Illinois SD 22
  • Mediacom – Columbia, Jefferson City, Springfield, Mo. SD 126
  • New Wave – Illinois SD 80 / HD 208
  • US Sonet – Salem, Ill. SD 97 / HD 97

The game will also air on FOX Sports Midwest Plus through Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. For additional channel numbers click here: http://foxs.pt/1yrcFLJ.

FOX Sports Midwest Plus is a channel used by FOX Sports Midwest to simultaneously show multiple events on two channels. FOX Sports Midwest Plus is available to all video providers that carry FOX Sports Midwest. Some providers carry FOX Sports Midwest Plus as a 24-hour full-time channel. Others choose to offer selected FOX Sports Midwest Plus programming and designate a channel to show the events.

Fans with questions can email [email protected] or Tweet @FSMidwest.

Stats: Here

Radio: 101 the fan, click here

Radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey will provide the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.

Backup link: here

Streaming:

VLC2.1+tablet+mobile links can be viewed with i-Pad, i-Phone, and VLC or MX Player on Android.

Copy to VLC 264k

Copy to VLC 464k

Copy to VLC 1264k

Copy to VLC 3964k

The higher the number the better quality the stream. Please find the one that works best with your internet speed.

VLC Media Player is an open-source application that gives you the ability to play media from your computer or a disk, or to stream it from the Web. Have your favorite videos playing in a snap through this app's intuitive interface. It has been around for years, and has over 60 million active downloads.

Windows 32bit link: http://get.videolan.org/vlc/2.1.5/win32/vlc-2.1.5-win32.exe

Windows 64 bit link: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/last/win64/vlc-2.1.5-win64.exe

Mac link: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

*NOTE: When installing, select > delete preferences and cache.

You will also need to make an adjustment to VLC. ------ VERY IMPORTANT!!
1st, Open VLC > Go to Tools > Preferences
Select the radio button "Show Settings" -- "All" (near the bottom)
Select input/codecs.
Scroll down to advanced, and change the value for Network Caching to 5000 (ms).
This helps to prevent dropped frames and provides a more stable stream.

NOTE: It is much better to view streams through the VLC stand alone program, than to view it through a browser/VLC association.
The best way is to.... copy the .m3u8 file given... > open VLC... > click in middle of screen.... > press (keyboard) ctrl+v (to paste link) into VLC... > press play.

Quick guide:

1) Download VLC, during installation click delete preferences and cache

2) Go to Tools/Preferences/input coding and change Network Caching to 5000(ms) from 1000(ms)

3) paste (via ctrl v) link from above into middle of the screen and click play or click media open network stream. Then paste link and hit play.

4) Enjoy, change volume, full screen etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

In this little tutorial we will deal with the error: VLC is unable to open the MRL and that is an error that occurs when VLC is trying to open a file or stream or a movie that is located somewhere else than on your local computer and VLC can't get access to the file.

Okay so let's see what the error looks like and how we can solve it. Her is the VLC media player that we have opened and when I go to open network stream, I will enter a URL or path to the file that I try to open - I got this saved in my clipboard and it is just a file that is located on the VLC helper website and the file is called turn off subtitles.

Okay let's see what happens when I try to open it. I click play and now the VLC media player will try to open the file but it can't, and in this is the error message that it will show us, Your input can be opened VLC is unable to open the MRL and then the path to the file and then it tells to check the log for details but we don't really care about that, all we want it the VLC Media Player to open the file correctly. Okay let's just close this again. Usually this error occurs when there is something blocking your access to the file and very often it is your firewall on your local computer. If you by accident has disallowed VLC media player to access the Internet or to access a certain location on a server or a different computer or something like that, then you get this error, so let's just fix it.

The way to fix it depends on your firewall and I'm using the AVG Internet security and it has a firewall included and I will just show you how to do it here. You will have to look into your firewall settings and find this for yourself. So I'll just click here on firewall and here there is a tool 'firewall settings' you will be looking for something like settings too. I click this and here I get my firewall settings. You have the applications and here we have the action that is assigned to each application and when I look at the VLC media player here I can see that it is blocked. So I told my firewall to block the VLC media player when it tries to access the Internet and that is what we want to avoid.

All I have to do to fix this is just to click here and say and allow for all networks or to ask me every time, allow for safe networks, I'll just allow it for all networks. I want VLC to be able to access the Internet at all the times. That's all I just click apply and okay and close down the settings here and now lets try open the file again.

Go to media, open network stream, we already have the file here, and I just click play and there we we go the file opens just fine. So usually when you get the error that the VLC media player is unable to open the MRL is the because your firewall or some other application that is controlling your access to the Internet is blocking VLC. This could also be a router or switch or something else. But that you have a clue on that what to look for and usually it's your firewall. Just allow VLC to access the Internet.

Lastly, if any Mac users would want me to test the stream to mark sure it will work tomorrow let me know. I will be available tonight and tomorrow prior to tip-off.

Edit: This link may help too: https://github.com/mafintosh/peerflix/issues/136

For the East Coast viewership, Fox Sports Midwest, channel 721 in the ComCast sports package, is showing the game live here. I am sure it is out there in other ComCast universes whichmeans available at a sports bar as well.

In this little tutorial we will deal with the error: VLC is unable to open the MRL and that is an error that occurs when VLC is trying to open a file or stream or a movie that is located somewhere else than on your local computer and VLC can't get access to the file.

Okay so let's see what the error looks like and how we can solve it. Her is the VLC media player that we have opened and when I go to open network stream, I will enter a URL or path to the file that I try to open - I got this saved in my clipboard and it is just a file that is located on the VLC helper website and the file is called turn off subtitles.

Okay let's see what happens when I try to open it. I click play and now the VLC media player will try to open the file but it can't, and in this is the error message that it will show us, Your input can be opened VLC is unable to open the MRL and then the path to the file and then it tells to check the log for details but we don't really care about that, all we want it the VLC Media Player to open the file correctly. Okay let's just close this again. Usually this error occurs when there is something blocking your access to the file and very often it is your firewall on your local computer. If you by accident has disallowed VLC media player to access the Internet or to access a certain location on a server or a different computer or something like that, then you get this error, so let's just fix it.

The way to fix it depends on your firewall and I'm using the AVG Internet security and it has a firewall included and I will just show you how to do it here. You will have to look into your firewall settings and find this for yourself. So I'll just click here on firewall and here there is a tool 'firewall settings' you will be looking for something like settings too. I click this and here I get my firewall settings. You have the applications and here we have the action that is assigned to each application and when I look at the VLC media player here I can see that it is blocked. So I told my firewall to block the VLC media player when it tries to access the Internet and that is what we want to avoid.

All I have to do to fix this is just to click here and say and allow for all networks or to ask me every time, allow for safe networks, I'll just allow it for all networks. I want VLC to be able to access the Internet at all the times. That's all I just click apply and okay and close down the settings here and now lets try open the file again.

Go to media, open network stream, we already have the file here, and I just click play and there we we go the file opens just fine. So usually when you get the error that the VLC media player is unable to open the MRL is the because your firewall or some other application that is controlling your access to the Internet is blocking VLC. This could also be a router or switch or something else. But that you have a clue on that what to look for and usually it's your firewall. Just allow VLC to access the Internet.

Lastly, if any Mac users would want me to test the stream to mark sure it will work tomorrow let me know. I will be available tonight and tomorrow prior to tip-off.

Edit: This link may help too: https://github.com/mafintosh/peerflix/issues/136

was the tutorial for Windows?

I'm a Mac guy and will hit u up if i have mac problems but I've used VLC off and on for years and usually don't have problems.

was the tutorial for Windows?

I'm a Mac guy and will hit u up if i have mac problems but I've used VLC off and on for years and usually don't have problems.

To my knowledge, this issue was happening to some MAC user. Window users seemed to load the stream just fine.

If you're planning to watch the game on a Mac computer you should probably shoot me a pm so I can make sure it will work with your computer.

Links?

Trying...This may be it.

VLC2.1+tablet+mobile links can be viewed with i-Pad, i-Phone, and VLC or MX Player on Android.

Copy to VLC 264k

Copy to VLC 464k

Copy to VLC 1264k

Copy to VLC 3964k

The higher the number the better quality the stream. Please find the one that works best with your internet speed.

VLC Media Player is an open-source application that gives you the ability to play media from your computer or a disk, or to stream it from the Web. Have your favorite videos playing in a snap through this app's intuitive interface. It has been around for years, and has over 60 million active downloads.

Windows 32bit link: http://get.videolan.org/vlc/2.1.5/win32/vlc-2.1.5-win32.exe

Windows 64 bit link: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/last/win64/vlc-2.1.5-win64.exe

Mac link: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

*NOTE: When installing, select > delete preferences and cache.

You will also need to make an adjustment to VLC. ------ VERY IMPORTANT!!

1st, Open VLC > Go to Tools > Preferences

Select the radio button "Show Settings" -- "All" (near the bottom)

Select input/codecs.

Scroll down to advanced, and change the value for Network Caching to 5000 (ms).

This helps to prevent dropped frames and provides a more stable stream.

NOTE: It is much better to view streams through the VLC stand alone program, than to view it through a browser/VLC association.

The best way is to.... copy the .m3u8 file given... > open VLC... > click in middle of screen.... > press (keyboard) ctrl+v (to paste link) into VLC... > press play.

Quick guide:

1) Download VLC, during installation click delete preferences and cache

2) Go to Tools/Preferences/input coding and change Network Caching to 5000(ms) from 1000(ms)

3) paste (via ctrl v) link from above into middle of the screen and click play or click media open network stream. Then paste link and hit play.

4) Enjoy, change volume, full screen etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

how do you download the vlc file so it doesn't automatically go straight to itunes?

The quickest way to fix that is just copy(right click link and copy link location) the link from the thread.

Lowest quailty: http://ftve1100-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/217046/fcsc/264k/prog.m3u8

Low: http://ftve1100-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/217046/fcsc/464k/prog.m3u8

Medium: http://ftve1100-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/217046/fcsc/1264k/prog.m3u8

Highest quailty: http://ftve1100-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/217046/fcsc/3964k/prog.m3u8

Then go open VLC.

Go to Media.

Open Network Stream.

Paste link and hit more options. Change network cache from 1000ms to 5000ms (this creates a small buffer)

Hit play a few times till the game loads on the screen.

Then full screen and enjoy.

Edit: I really don't want to edit how your computer handles http clicked links.