Chicago gamewatch for SIUC

bonwich

Is O'Hagan's going to be the new alumni bar here? The Harp will be missed dearly, that was such a great atmosphere and a breath of fresh air - was definitely found wanting on the TV situation though. I haven't been to O'Hagan's in a year or two, has it changed much? Good bar and all, but can't remember it being a place I'd ever go to watch a game.

The TV situation at the Harp could suck, but for Lincoln Park, that place was amazing (see: not full of d-bags). Sorry to hear they closed.

Curious to know if this is the new Billikens bar, too. I've never been to O'Hagans but see it is right in the part of Lakeview/Wrigleyville that I try to avoid 9/10 times. Is this place worth a CTA switch or fighting for a parking spot?

Chicago Alumni just posted the details, looks like this will be our bar from here on out. I can live with this, it isn't nearly as big of a bro-bar as some of its cohorts in Wrigleyville.

Food was much better at o'hagans than Halsted harp ever dreamed of being. Bar was bigger than I thought. Sat upstairs across from the bar but there was also options to watch at the downstairs bar as well which looked like a nice area.

Food was much better at o'hagans than Halsted harp ever dreamed of being. Bar was bigger than I thought. Sat upstairs across from the bar but there was also options to watch at the downstairs bar as well which looked like a nice area.

No question. I think this is a step up.

This is correct - O'Hagans is the official Billiken bar for game watches this season. Garrett is the owner (moved operations from Halsted Harp) and is a great supporter of our efforts and Billiken basketball. We had a test run after our Make a Difference Day event a few weeks ago and we were able to have the entire party room downstairs. We will use that room for larger game watches and special events.

We are working on getting a "season beer cup" for discount drafts as well as dates for official game watch events (more food and drinks specials, give-aways, etc.) I will be updating the FB and Twitter feeds with details and will also post here.

As always, O'Hagans is the place to meet for all Billiken games; Garrett will have the game on and sound for all games being broadcast on cable.

This is correct - O'Hagans is the official Billiken bar for game watches this season. Garrett is the owner (moved operations from Halsted Harp) and is a great supporter of our efforts and Billiken basketball. We had a test run after our Make a Difference Day event a few weeks ago and we were able to have the entire party room downstairs. We will use that room for larger game watches and special events.

We are working on getting a "season beer cup" for discount drafts as well as dates for official game watch events (more food and drinks specials, give-aways, etc.) I will be updating the FB and Twitter feeds with details and will also post here.

As always, O'Hagans is the place to meet for all Billiken games; Garrett will have the game on and sound for all games being broadcast on cable.

So this means they will have the Wichita State game on as well, right? I will be stuck in Chicago this weekend.

Nice work...we've really had this figured out the last three years, it's a long cry from sharing Sedgwicks with 4 other teams.

Okay, not trying to be a pest here, but will this bar have the Wichita State game on? Fox Sports Midwest is not normally shown in Chicago, is it?

They will have the game on. They have a directv and subscribe to ALL the sports channels. I'll be there with some friends. Go bills.