Glaze Hurt

SluSignGuy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

One of my friends works for the slu newspaper, she interviewed Grandy and Crews and apparently he did NOT re-separate his shoulder. It was a collision during practice and his shoulder was sore. Not sure if he will play today, but apparently he was passing and shooting with two hands as of yesterday

Durando reported that even though Glaze was shooting with both hands in practice he would still be out awhile. Didn't say how long but this was according to Crews

Durando reported that even though Glaze was shooting with both hands in practice he would still be out awhile. Didn't say how long but this was according to Crews

Glaze out definitely hurts with our rebounding, but we are holding our own on the boards. We outrebounded both teams we played so far. Obviously as we get closer to conference play we will be playing more athletic teams, but at that point I'm sure we will have Grandy back. I know everyone loves Grandy, but this just give our kids more time on the floor and I know they are fun and exciting to watch. Not happy that he is hurt, but there is a silver lining....more PT for our young guys = less growing pains later in the season and into next year.

Glaze out definitely hurts with our rebounding, but we are holding our own on the boards. We outrebounded both teams we played so far. Obviously as we get closer to conference play we will be playing more athletic teams, but at that point I'm sure we will have Grandy back. I know everyone loves Grandy, but this just give our kids more time on the floor and I know they are fun and exciting to watch. Not happy that he is hurt, but there is a silver lining....more PT for our young guys = less growing pains later in the season and into next year.

+1 Next season is when I fully expect a tourney run, and so this might end up being better for the long term development of the young guys

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the bright side is it's probably more likely one of the sophomores transfer than one of the freshmen. Right?

There actually is not a player I would "want" to transfer at this point. I also would like to have Glaze for another year. But I think Crews will have to go to a 9 - 10 man rotation, and with this, some players may be unhappy with playing time.