W/L record predictions

bauman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, how exactly does one define "foo foo"? MB, would you be able to elaborate?

foo foo, from Urban Dictionary:

Adjective used to describe anything that is just a little to frilly, fancy, or "upper crust". Things that are foofoo might also be a bit on the delicate side, or too elegant by half, or even offensively fruity. Spoiled little lap-dogs, $1000 designer handbags, and pink capri pants worn by men all qualify as foofoo.

"I just saw Mrs. Vanderbilt buying a Gucci sweater for her poodle. The whole scene was so foofoo."

foo foo, from Urban Dictionary:

Adjective used to describe anything that is just a little to frilly, fancy, or "upper crust". Things that are foofoo might also be a bit on the delicate side, or too elegant by half, or even offensively fruity. Spoiled little lap-dogs, $1000 designer handbags, and pink capri pants worn by men all qualify as foofoo.

"I just saw Mrs. Vanderbilt buying a Gucci sweater for her poodle. The whole scene was so foofoo."

I would agree with this definition and if this definition is the gauge, then many of Torch's list is way off.

I would agree with this definition and if this definition is the gauge, then many of Torch's list is way off.

I hope we aren't accepting Urban dictionary as any kind of reference tool. Also I didn't post it as such but my list was not just limited to "foo foo" but encompassed places I believe are "commie foo foo." To me there is a big difference.

For further reference my ratings are based from life experience of being a born and bred north county no white flight hoosier. South of 44 and west of 270 may as well be China to me.

I hope we aren't accepting Urban dictionary as any kind of reference tool. Also I didn't post it as such but my list was not just limited to "foo foo" but encompassed places I believe are "commie foo foo." To me there is a big difference.

For further reference my ratings are based from life experience of being a born and bred north county no white flight hoosier. South of 44 and west of 270 may as well be China to me.

Agree, Urban Dictionary is not a gold standard reference.

You believe some areas are "commie foo foo"? Whoa, tell us.

You admit you've never been to many of the places, "might as well be China". Yet you classify them.

I'm changing my W/L projection to 2-28 since we only play two foo foo teams. We should beat Ms Vanderbilt's poodle and Mr Davidson's Siamese cat with it's Tiffany collar. If this thread were an airplane flying from St. Louis to Miami, we would now be somewhere over Nepal.

Agree, Urban Dictionary is not a gold standard reference.

You believe some areas are "commie foo foo"? Whoa, tell us.

You admit you've never been to many of the places, "might as well be China". Yet you classify them.

Damn right torch. There will be no sweeping generalizations allowed from someone with no experience on the subject on this board! By anyone except MB.

Foo Foo St. Louis County Municipalities

Ballwin

Bella Villa

Breckenridge Hills

Brentwood

Chesterfield

Clarkson Valley

Crestwood

Creve Coeur

Des Peres

Ellisville

Flordell Hills

Frontenac

Glasgow Village

Glendale

Green Park

Lakeshire

Maryland Heights

Sunset Hills

Town & Country

Twin Oaks

Warson Woods

Wildwood

Woodson Terrace

Foo Foo City Neighborhoods

Boulevard Heights

Central West End

Cheltenham

Ellendale

Grand Center

Hi Pointe

Holly Hills

Lafayette Square

Lindenwood Park

Princeton Heights

Southampton

Southwest Garden

Wydown/Skinker

I'd like to appeal Crestwood. 15 years ago, when the mall still had a pulse, it was foo-foo. Now it is basically Affton Northwest (except incorporated), lodged in that sweet spot somewhere between Sunset Hills foo-foo and full-on Lemay hoosier.

Also, I would classify Green Park as not just generic foo-foo but rather "teabag foo-foo," the first cousin of the "commie foo-foo" designation. The crazy Green Park alderman who just ran in the GOP primary for County Executive could be the Lord High Priest of teabag foo-foo.

• 4 months later...

I said earlier in the summer we will win at least 20, and figure out a way into the conversation/ debate about getting invited to the NCAA dance. My main concern, after seeing the schedule, is not winning 20 or more; it's getting enough good wins against top-50 opponents to impress the committee, given we will be a bubble team. Wichita would be a very big win but seems pretty unlikely; who else on the slate is impressive?? Vermont? And the Sycamores? what is the expected RPI of ISU? am I missing something?

that said, we'll figure out a way to drop some early games...

In conference, I will state right here and now: we will have a winning record.

God dammit Doctor B. I was excited for this season all because of you. Kidding of course.

I think anything above 18 wins is way too optimistic. I think the team will be much better by the end of the year, but it is just too much to expect more out of a team that has so little coming back in the way of experience.

Not bad

Looking forward to being pleasantly surprised, but being a realist 14-16. Just too many unknowns at this point.

Pretty good

I don't trust mcbroom as far as I could throw him

Good call

If Ash doesn't lead the team in scoring McBroom will.

Good on Ash. Bad on McBroom

Based on what I've heard this offseason, I'm definitely expecting Crawford to lead the team in scoring.

I'm an idiot

Yarbrough will be a stud on offense. He has the physical tools to be a solid defender too, but he's going to have to dedicate a lot more time and effort on that end.

I hope that Crews lets the guys play this year and doesn't pull you immediately for defensive mistakes because with a young and inexperienced team, there's gonna be a lot of mistakes on both ends.

I'm a genius

man.... this schedule really sucks.

Yep

Predict a bad season. If we're good then we're all happy. If we're bad you can say "I told you so"

Should've done this

Clayton has a very small population, while that population is mostly foo foo, I have to hand it to them for living fairly close to the dangerous city when they could be living in Kansas, errr I mean Chesterfield. That and I regularly do business in Clayton and enjoy their restaurants.

Kirkwood and Webster are pretty segregated, they both have their rough areas. Plus their HS football teams can beat up on North County teams, not like foo foo Parkway or Rockwood teams.

Ladue, Stan the Man resided there, so he makes the whole town super hard ass for 10 years after his death. Still have some time to go.

Man we got off-topic.

I still don't get being so down on McBroom. Not trusting him? He's shooting 45% from 3. Second leading scorer? He's getting pretty close again.

He's been better than I expected. Although he's closer to 4th in scoring than 2nd.

The coaches seem to be the most down on him for some reason. He was our best player against VCU.

McBroom has not been put in situations where he can succeed, Pretty hard with our roster makeup. Problem is we need him to play a position he isn't capable of playing. That and I'm not sure he's very well liked. Not much chemistry on the floor when he's out there.