W/L record predictions

bauman

Since the thread dealing with predictions pretty much turned into a how we will finish in the A-10 and since the schedule is now known, I thought a W/L prediction thread was appropriate. One ground rule-the Rockhurst game does not count!

For starters I'll go with 11-1 NC and 11-7 in the A-10 for a total of 22 and 8 leading into the Conference Tournament(CT). I'm not including the CT since we don't have any idea who we will be playing.

Wins:All NC except Wichita State, RI, at Davidson, Duq, UMASS, St. Joe, at Fordham, Dayton, Lasalle, at Duq, GM, and the pipe welders. If not listed then a Loss.

If we can go 22-8 coming out of Conference play it will be quite a feat, but I think it is possible. No matter what we do in the CT, I think we are in the NIT at a minimum. Two wins in the CT and we are a Dance bubble team.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SIU: W

@ISU: L

TAM: W

NCAT: W

MSU: W

TCU: L

@WSU: L

SDS: W

SIUE: W

TPA: W

VT: L

Van: W

8-4 non-conference

RI: L

@GW: L

@Dav: W

Duq: W

@Day: L

VCU: L

@GM: L

Mass: L

SJ: W

@For: W

Day: W

@RI: L

@VCU: L

Las: W

@Duq: W

GM: W

SB: W

@Rich: W

10-8 conference

18-12 overall, with a chance at 20 wins including postseason.

17-13 overall.

99 RPI

13 KenPom

12 Wiz

But this is the most random wild ass guess on SLU's record in well over a decade. We have no goddam idea how well our players will perform, most have no significant playing time in their careers, and the ones that have played a bit have not shown much.

I'm not going to guess on the number of wins and losses, too much is unknown about this squad. I just hope the underclassmen get lots of experience this year as they are our future. A winning season and a 500 record in conference would be great, but a losing season is definitely possible.

Why is everyone expecting a loss at Indiana State? Is it because of the difficulty of winning on the road, or because of the quality of their squad?

Difficulty of winning on the road is my reason. Prior to this 3-year run we hadn't won a true non-con road game under Majerus (or something like that) and would typically win 2-3 A-10 games road games a year. Like before, I think we'll find a way to win most home games, but going on the road with a young team is a whole different story.

Why is everyone expecting a loss at Indiana State? Is it because of the difficulty of winning on the road, or because of the quality of their squad?

They have 2 seniors, 6'9" and 6'10" that put up good numbers last year. Return the MVC's 6th man of the year and added a JUCO all-American. If we win this game on the road, my expectations for this year will raise.

9-3 non conference, 10-8 conference.

19-11 would be a solid scenario, and can be done if the team meshes well early on. Expecting losses against WSU, VCU (both times), ISU, and Dayton. Many of the away games will also be uncertainties, but it will be exciting to see what this young team can do.

I said earlier in the summer we will win at least 20, and figure out a way into the conversation/ debate about getting invited to the NCAA dance. My main concern, after seeing the schedule, is not winning 20 or more; it's getting enough good wins against top-50 opponents to impress the committee, given we will be a bubble team. Wichita would be a very big win but seems pretty unlikely; who else on the slate is impressive?? Vermont? And the Sycamores? what is the expected RPI of ISU? am I missing something?

that said, we'll figure out a way to drop some early games...

In conference, I will state right here and now: we will have a winning record.

I think anything above 18 wins is way too optimistic. I think the team will be much better by the end of the year, but it is just too much to expect more out of a team that has so little coming back in the way of experience.

Agree...17-13. People who think we won't miss Keith Carter are going to eat their words.

When someone posts that we were "lucky McBroom was the one who stayed," that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Carter...look in the Carter OT thread...most just thought we wouldn't miss Carter much in the near future when he transferred, that on the other hand made more sense.