Schedule out today (Wednesday 8/27)

Taj79

I'm no longer a season ticket holder due to financial and family commitments but it seems really odd to base a season ticket purchase on the schedule. If you are a Billiken fan, can afford it, and can go to the games, holding out because one of the youngest teams in D1 softened up their schedule seems odd. I realize the problem was getting the renewal prior to seeing the schedule but I assume you were worried about Rockhurst, SIUE, and the like making up the bulk of our schedule....

Agreed. Seems like we've always been asked to pay for season tickets in mid summer and the formal schedule comes out after that. I can certainly understand the need for the Athletic Department to get invoices out in time for people to return them, for them allow people to move seats if desired and then sell them to the general public. Additionally, they typically list the top teams that will be home games in the letter that accompanies the ticket invoice. Worrying about whether its "little sisters of the poor" or "blood donor U" to fill in the last couple games doesn't seem all that important

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no longer a season ticket holder due to financial and family commitments but it seems really odd to base a season ticket purchase on the schedule. If you are a Billiken fan, can afford it, and can go to the games, holding out because one of the youngest teams in D1 softened up their schedule seems odd. I realize the problem was getting the renewal prior to seeing the schedule but I assume you were worried about Rockhurst, SIUE, and the like making up the bulk of our schedule....

Just my opinion. It doesn't seem that odd to base season ticket purchases on the quality of the product (team, opponents, game day experience, etc.). Being a season ticket holder is a financial and time commitment, so if the non conference schedule is full of teams I have no desire of seeing, it makes my wife and I question why we continue to get the tickets.

Just my opinion. It doesn't seem that odd to base season ticket purchases on the quality of the product (team, opponents, game day experience, etc.). Being a season ticket holder is a financial and time commitment, so if the non conference schedule is full of teams I have no desire of seeing, it makes my wife and I question why we continue to get the tickets.

I think you've found the difference between being a Billiken fan and a college basketball fan.......

Agreed. Nonconference schedules like this make it hard to justify buying season tickets, but I guess I will just treat it as my donation to the alma mater for the year.

Right. Well, beyond that, there's usually a few games or a tournament before the conference schedule starts (New Mexico, Wisconsin, etc.) that you can circle on the calendar and plan your day around...couldn't find one instance of that here. Oh well.

damned if we do.... I hate weak schedules in all sports CFB should have handicaps. Who cares if michigan beats Mcneese state. Feel the same way as our playing likes of SIUE. But making lemonade from lemon schedule can happen. If we had the kind of schedule I'd prefer last season we would of been a bubble team at best. I think we are especially better served with this setup with the untested yet unprecedentedly talented team we'll being cheering on in less than 60 days. most of my dispeasure is aimed @ the haves not the have nots. in SLU b ball it has always been voiced as us being victim of no one wanting to play us rather than scheduling weak like MU football does which Pinkel does very well.

Really. Today they play another awful team from the Big Ten named the Hoosiers. What part of St Louis are they from?