Reggie Agbeko

slufan13

I will be available before, during, and after the Dayton game. If you want to watch the game, I'd suggest seeing backhand after the game. If you want to see the next day after, admit stupidity and apologize.

Are physical threats allowed on this board? I'd say that's beyond the boundaries of what should be allowed on a board. This guy has physically threatened other posters multiple times, and yet the "moderators" do nothing.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are physical threats allowed on this board? I'd say that's beyond the boundaries of what should be allowed on a board. This guy has physically threatened other posters multiple times, and yet the "moderators" do nothing.

The mods know they will feel the wrath of Backhand...his roid rage is out of control as you can see.

The mods know they will feel the wrath of Backhand...his roid rage is out of control as you can see.

Officially off my ignore list Joe. This guy is beyond help. The penitentary awaits him with all it's glory...

Officially off my ignore list Joe. This guy is beyond help. The penitentary awaits him with all it's glory...

Please put me back on...I support his habit and encourage his rage.

Please put me back on...I support his habit and encourage his rage.

Appreciate the support. Getting some rest after a roided vodka binge last night. Hitting the gym to pound out some reps this morning and backhand will be ready for the game.

Question: what was the name of that VCU fat loser wearing the horns with the tucked in tshirt? I ask out of being nice. Wanted to reach out and help him get his life back on track. A little fitness goes a long way.

Appreciate the support. Getting some rest after a roided vodka binge last night. Hitting the gym to pound out some reps this morning and backhand will be ready for the game.

Question: what was the name of that VCU fat loser wearing the horns with the tucked in tshirt? I ask out of being nice. Wanted to reach out and help him get his life back on track. A little fitness goes a long way.

Didn't know the Backhand had a softer side...

JC had his opportunities to put in the freshman during some of our blowouts and chose to play our starters nearly until the final whistle. It's coming back to bite us. Our starters are wearing down and our freshman lack the requisite experience to give us a lift off the bench.

Just like we could have used the freshmen getting experience during the OOC schedule.

I hate to say I told you so, but I TOLD YOU (the Board) SO. I'm sure you can go back months to see me urging the staff to play the three FR. Whenever I said something along these lines I pretty much got blasted by the "we have a great group of upperclassmen and we are winning so don't worry about the future", crowd. If we weren't playing RA, TL and MC because we had clearly better players in front of them that would be one thing , but JM, GG and JB??????????????? Comeon. Absent some time off for injuries, all three FR are head and shoulders above JM, GG and JB. But JC and most posters on here all knew better and now we not only haven't prepared the FR for the future, but more importantly we have played inferior quality players (my opinion) when the FR could have helped more and we have a team that is worn out with no proven depth.

To answer the question on another thread, why so many blocked shots now. Go back to the tape of the past 3-5 games. For every drive that JJ scores on he also has a shot blocked or a turnover. Watch DE. He must think he is 6 * taller. Many of his drives are resulting either in blocked shots or charging fouls. GG? He either gets his shot blocked or turns the ball over. Even MM, who is playing the best of the "experienced senior class" is suffering a significant number of blocks due to trying to shoot drives over 6' 7"-6' 9" defenders.

Couple all the above with poor 3-pt shooting and some out-of-control plays and it results is some close wins in games we should have won easily and the last two game loses.

One final issue with the coaching staff. I've listened to your reason for not calling TOs when it seems they are needed-that you have experienced seniors who you want to let work it out on their own. Here's a free piece of advice---they are college age kids, you are the coach. It's your job JC to do what's required to help them work it out and many times that is to call a TO to have a discussion.

There. Now I feel better.

@bauman ---- I was with you back in the OOC schedule. Not only the freshmen, but also Glaze and Manning as well. I think it became apparent then that we were riding the horses that got us here. So be it. Maybe the freshmen just didn't measure up for whatever reason. But isn't that why JC gets the big bucks? He has to make those calls. For abas to say we need Reggie now is somewhat ludicrous --- I doubt what he has to offer right now is in any way better than what we have.

Not only do we know what we have, so do all the other teams in the A10. And what we have is a small margin for error. Every team in the league is now pressuring Jett and Evans making someone else beat them. And jump shooting, suspect to begin with, is the first thing to go with tired legs. You shoot with the legs. You force Loe to put the ball on the floor. You make McBroom work hard for a shot. You let Glaze be the last man standing with the ball in the paint. You let Crawford and barnett shoot because if they miss, the likelihood of them shooting again diminishes. You know when Roberts or Reddic or Wright have the ballinthe paint, they will finish. Us? Maybe 50/50.

We did okay in the OOC in terms of winning. We practically have won the regular season now here comes the tournament. Then the dance. We know who we are.

We could really use a healthy Reggie right about now...

@bauman ---- I was with you back in the OOC schedule. Not only the freshmen, but also Glaze and Manning as well. I think it became apparent then that we were riding the horses that got us here. So be it. Maybe the freshmen just didn't measure up for whatever reason. But isn't that why JC gets the big bucks? He has to make those calls. For abas to say we need Reggie now is somewhat ludicrous --- I doubt what he has to offer right now is in any way better than what we have.

Not only do we know what we have, so do all the other teams in the A10. And what we have is a small margin for error. Every team in the league is now pressuring Jett and Evans making someone else beat them. And jump shooting, suspect to begin with, is the first thing to go with tired legs. You shoot with the legs. You force Loe to put the ball on the floor. You make McBroom work hard for a shot. You let Glaze be the last man standing with the ball in the paint. You let Crawford and barnett shoot because if they miss, the likelihood of them shooting again diminishes. You know when Roberts or Reddic or Wright have the ballinthe paint, they will finish. Us? Maybe 50/50.

We did okay in the OOC in terms of winning. We practically have won the regular season now here comes the tournament. Then the dance. We know who we are.

I was only wishing for a theoretical scenario where Reggie was 100% healthy and was able to give us solid minutes every game. No way in hell I would put him in the game right now, but if he hadn't suffered the concussion and now this mystery injury he'd be one hell of a contributor on both ends of the court. What have we been struggling against? Athletic, powerful big guys. What is RA? Oh; an athletic, powerful big guy.

I could use a couple more of those nasty crossovers we saw earlier this year...

I hate to say I told you so, but I TOLD YOU (the Board) SO. I'm sure you can go back months to see me urging the staff to play the three FR. Whenever I said something along these lines I pretty much got blasted by the "we have a great group of upperclassmen and we are winning so don't worry about the future", crowd. If we weren't playing RA, TL and MC because we had clearly better players in front of them that would be one thing , but JM, GG and JB??????????????? Comeon. Absent some time off for injuries, all three FR are head and shoulders above JM, GG and JB. But JC and most posters on here all knew better and now we not only haven't prepared the FR for the future, but more importantly we have played inferior quality players (my opinion) when the FR could have helped more and we have a team that is worn out with no proven depth.

I agree with you that this coaching staff missed multiple opportunities in OOC and some early conference games to get the freshmen some minutes when we were up 15 with 10 minutes to go or whatnot. The frosh often didn't see the court until 3 minutes to go and that made no sense to me.

But I don't understand how you can say the 3 freshmen are "heads and shoulders above" JM, GG and JB. What, exactly, have they done on the court to make you think that is the case? For a while Crawford was playing comparable minutes to JB, but I didn't see anything super special out of him besides the one game that he hit 2 threes. Tanner lit it up against Fontbonne but hasn't done much since and is currently a defensive liability (one doesn't have to be an expert to see that). I do wish we had seen more of RA, but if he was really lighting practice up with killer crossovers and 20 rebound performances, I think even Crews would have played him more.

There can be a very reasoned debate about why we didn't get the freshmen more minutes early in the season when we had some blowouts, but all three have had some chances and none of them seized the minutes the way they could have.

Agree w/kshoe analysis. I don't mean to belabor the point abas, but if we could all get "theoretical" performances from everyone on the roster, we'd for sure take it. At this point, no one really knows what Reggie's reality is. Neither Tanner. Neither Mike. Not only would we kill for some of those, but I heard someone say Manning was the 40th rated center his senior year. And Grandy was so good, he signed with powerhouse UNLV before decommitting and coming to us. I don't know what makes either of those items special but it has to be something and it's something we have yet to see from either consistently in 3 years of play. Get 'em next year, one hopes.

We're okay. We're not going to win a national title unless lots of things broke right (ala Kenyon Martin!). We will make the dance for a third year running and now that success is amped up to us making the Sweet Sixteen. Still a lot of exciting basketball to go.

Next year will be a major reconstruction project.