TOP 25 OUR BILLIKENS

I am not a troll. Think what you will, but I will continue to profess my fandom for the Billikens. My friends in Columbia make fun of me because I am always paying attention to the Billikens. Being that I have just started posting I understand that many of you will question my loyalty to the Bills, but, hopefully over time you will realize that I am not trolling, but rather just trying to talk some Billiken basketball like everyone else.

If you keep being so defensive — like, "Thou dost protest too much" — you'll not earn the credibility which is obviously so important to you.

I've been a fan of both programs all the time I've been posting here, and I'm a moderator. It can be done without riddling every post with self-defense.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a troll. Think what you will, but I will continue to profess my fandom for the Billikens. My friends in Columbia make fun of me because I am always paying attention to the Billikens.

If you really want people to take you seriously you need to change your username and start again. People can handle fans of both programs like absurd but there is no need to flaunt it in you username...

If you really want people to take you seriously you need to change your username and start again. People can handle fans of both programs like absurd but there is no need to flaunt it in you username...

Good post, shoe. The username and first post that talked about how great Mizzou was really rubbed me the wrong way.

First off, I'm here to discuss billiken basketball. I could give two shits how mizzou does this season,

I have zero respect for mizzou fans, and 49% respect for someone who is a mizzou and a bills fan.And thats that,

please save your tiger talk for the birds..

Secondly, we have one game left in anaheim for the 76' championship not 2, this game on Sunday it IMPORTANT, someone mentioned if Oklahoma wins (they play tonight at 11 am central time) and we beat them we will have wins against a pac-10 team, a big east team and a big -10 team, this is the best case scenerio

-come march analysts will look at Villanova and Washington as key wins enabling us to dance

Thirdly concerning who lost

, I was hoping #25 Texas Tech lost but they squeezed past st.johns by 1 pt. Tom they play Texas A&M. NO joke Texas A&M plays Texas A&M.

The cincinnati bearcats who received 30 votes and were just out of the top 25 lost!

#23 Arizona Lost

#20 California lost to some hood rat team

#22 vanderbilt may lose to #12 Xavier on Monday

(concerning Xavier I watched them play a young Georgia team today, much different then the team that beat us last year, and Xavier did not look good, there big man kenny frease has horrible foot work and will lose in a battle against bonecrusher, their gaurds TU and Lyons looked sluggish, I beleive we have a good chance to beat this xavier team)

#16 marquette beat norfolk state by 2 points ugh

#14 Kansas lost to #6 Duke but they will likely not drop out of the top 25

OKAY SO hopefully I didn't lay the mother of all jinxes on us,

so instead of predicting our rank lets just predict our number of votes in both the AP and ESPN polls

Last week we had 6 AP votes and 12 ESPN votes

Assuming we win Sunday I estimate - 30 AP votes and 45 ESPN votes

What Are your predictions? and thoughts on beating Xavier?

Hey, Steve went to GWU and wore GWU stuff to GWU/SLU games and that's all cool with you, isn't it? Or do you all not treat him the same way because it's his forum?

This is NOT cool with me. I don't care who's forum it is, If you were an opposing teams colors to Chaifetz, then you will get deservingly shunned, is that not hard to understand? BLUE and WHITE only

First off, I'm here to discuss billiken basketball. I could give two shits how mizzou does this season,

I have zero respect for mizzou fans, and 49% respect for someone who is a mizzou and a bills fan.And thats that,

please save your tiger talk for the birds..

Secondly, we have one game left in anaheim for the 76' championship not 2, this game on Sunday it IMPORTANT, someone mentioned if Oklahoma wins (they play tonight at 11 am central time) and we beat them we will have wins against a pac-10 team, a big east team and a big -10 team, this is the best case scenerio

-come march analysts will look at Villanova and Washington as key wins enabling us to dance

Thirdly concerning who lost

, I was hoping #25 Texas Tech lost but they squeezed past st.johns by 1 pt. Tom they play Texas A&M. NO joke Texas A&M plays Texas A&M.

The cincinnati bearcats who received 30 votes and were just out of the top 25 lost!

#23 Arizona Lost

#20 California lost to some hood rat team

#22 vanderbilt may lose to #12 Xavier on Monday

(concerning Xavier I watched them play a young Georgia team today, much different then the team that beat us last year, and Xavier did not look good, there big man kenny frease has horrible foot work and will lose in a battle against bonecrusher, their gaurds TU and Lyons looked sluggish, I beleive we have a good chance to beat this xavier team)

#16 marquette beat norfolk state by 2 points ugh

#14 Kansas lost to #6 Duke but they will likely not drop out of the top 25

OKAY SO hopefully I didn't lay the mother of all jinxes on us,

so instead of predicting our rank lets just predict our number of votes in both the AP and ESPN polls

Last week we had 6 AP votes and 12 ESPN votes

Assuming we win Sunday I estimate - 30 AP votes and 45 ESPN votes

What Are your predictions? and thoughts on beating Xavier?

U are cut off, somebody please get this guy a water

OK OK I made a few mistakes of starting a thread with an assumption early in my posting career,

and i posted information that will give away my age to people, allowing them to beleive they are wiser

but the bottomline is longer posts are better even if takes a few bottles of water to get through

if you come here to judge and not to discuss billiken basketball, then i reccomend you pick up a people magazine

lastly, please post your thoughts on us beating Xavier, 76 classic championship, and your prediction of our ap and espn votes

• SLU beating Xavier? Maybe. Too early to tell. Which game are you referring to?
  • Winning the 76 Classic? Possible -- they have good momentum right now and they looked good today.
  • Prediction on Top 25? Maybe I am not an expert at predicting the votes of many individuals, so I won't even venture a guess, but I think your optimism (while appreciated) is just that. Optimism.

• SLU beating Xavier? Maybe. Too early to tell. Which game are you referring to?
  • Winning the 76 Classic? Possible -- they have good momentum right now and they looked good today. I didn't watch the other game because I was at the Ohio State game.
  • Prediction on Top 25? Maybe I am not an expert at predicting the votes of many individuals, so I won't even venture a guess, but I think your optimism (while appreciated) is just that. Optimism.
+1 and truce

I'm referring to both places. Cintas center is not a fun place to play as they sell out every single home game and also expect to win every single home game, however i watched x at cintas today (Yes I was wearing a billiken shirt) and they did not look good despite winning by 14, I think we have a chance if we played like we did today at both arenas.

you do not have to be an expert to make a prediction its soley for fun,

p.s. I hope you were wearing a bills shirt at ohio st. and the few grammatical errors i did make are due to my absurdly fast typing.

you do not have to be an expert to make a prediction its soley for fun,

p.s. I hope you were wearing a bills shirt at ohio st. and the few grammatical errors i did make are due to my absurdly fast typing.

Your typing is absurdly fast. One might think you are a bot! I did indeed wear a Blue Billiken polo to the game. I think we'll go 1 and 1 against Xavier, probably losing to them at home.

I think Mizzou has shown its true colors, not Mustard and Tar but the colors of the Stars and Bars. I have no respect for you or the Jr. College you attend. Have fun with your fellow Slavers in the SEC. By the way here's to the Billikens joining the top 25, awesome job guys!!!

X was up by 36 in the second half before they put it on cruise control. Chris mack was yelling at them because they let Georgia come back. This game was never even close. Believe me. X has the highest caliber team in the A10.

since you were at the game you also know that x did look good but more obvious was that georgia looked absolutely awful, i mean airballs left and right, they shot 18% the first half, and that kenny frease of yours is more of a caveman and less of a basketball player, conk should have a field day with him,

I find all the banter on our board hilarious. I haven't posted in a long while, but Holy Shizah! I'm stoked for this year! I think we've got the tourney. I haven't been this excited since Claggett, Highmark, and Waldman ran the show back when I was little. I think Conk is looking like old Donnie Dobbs. :)

I was wondering if anyone thought wed see any more of Glaze or Barnett.... I really liked the look of GG I want to get him primed as soon as possible.