Bills by 15 over TAMCC: Take 2

SluSignGuy

Take 2. Lets discuss the game.

I have put my thoughts on the last game and our season start in other posts....to summarize...great win , great start.

Just a couple of items to add

This is the 9th 2-0 start since 1996

And an unusual stat...The bench outscored the starters in points and rebounds. While I don't normally keep this stat this is the first time in a long time that I can remember that this has happened.

Now some good news ...bad news

First the good news....with another good win, we have crawled up from B+ to A-. While it is still very early, A- teams in my system generally make the Dance. So what does this mean at this point in the season....It means things look promising and we are very good team at this point.

Also, I am projecting a 7-0 start...very nice

The bad news...is the schedule weakens at this point (the next 5 games) . It will be difficult to improve our numbers going forward. during the next 5 games. But any weakness (such as not making the spread and the numbers will punish us ( losses or close wins) The Rockhurst game will not count at all in my system...so no upside only downside. Bottomline...we just need to keep winning.

On to the game ....

Not much to talk about here. TAMCC is a below average team (D+) So what does that mean...they are not a bad team ...they are below average and if we don't show up or are overconfident then they are good enough to beat us. We need to take care of business. Keep doing what we have been doing...building on what we have started.

I would use this game as well as the next 4 to work on playing as a team , learning each others moves, cutting down on mistakes, practicing FT shooting etc.

ISU was a great game but we have much more potential....we need to spend the next 5 games realizing that potential.

They moved the Chaminade @ CBC game to Lindenwood this season (inside intel from a friend of mine who is one of the CBC football coaches). I'm planning on trying to see FBJT (hopefully mentioning him here is legal) in that game.

No idea how nice a gym Lindenwood has, though. I know they played the championship game there last year, right?

They moved the Chaminade @ CBC game to Lindenwood this season (inside intel from a friend of mine who is one of the CBC football coaches). I'm planning on trying to see FBJT (hopefully mentioning him here is legal) in that game.

No idea how nice a gym Lindenwood has, though. I know they played the championship game there last year, right?

They moving the game in December or January? Lindenwood is decent.....I saw the Chaminade & McCluer North game there, back a few years ago, when Beal made BJ Young look like a little boy. Place was packed full, good atmosphere and on ESPN.

I really wanted people to answer the 2nd question. I remember someone saying a rumor that SLU might cancel the game due to super low ticket sales. I wanted to know if anyone heard anything recently that more accurate

I don't think you can just cancel ncaa games because you're not satisfied with ticket sales.

From brianstl in the other "Bills by 15 over TAMCC" thread

Heard a rumor that might have had more to do with disappointing ticket sales than the stated reason. Not sure how accurate that is.

I don't think he was talking about the game, he was talking about some music performer that apparently bailed due to low ticket sales