OT NBA Finals

I too agree LeBron is a phenom. A freak. In my lifetime I cannot remember any athlete in any sport with the level of skills AND size. There may have been better shooters or dribbles there may have been bigger more powerful athletes but no one has the whole package to the degree LeBron has.

Btw, if you've never read it, one of my favorite sports books is "The Chosen Ones:The Team That Beat LeBron" by Tony Meale, who Btw is a SLU grad. Go to amazon and get it.

(Tony send me a check for the advertisement ?)

The fact that he is so large but handles the ball so well is why he gets extra credit in the skills department, but if you're analzying just pure skill, someone like Curry or CP3 definitely has the advantage.

Agreed. I didn't mean to imply that I did not think he was skilled. The guy is very skilled for the reasons you gave and it is incredible/freakish when you combine that with his physical attributes. Honestly who is a legitimate comparison for Lebron?

Agreed. I didn't mean to imply that I did not think he was skilled. The guy is very skilled for the reasons you gave and it is incredible/freakish when you combine that with his physical attributes. Honestly who is a legitimate comparison for Lebron?

You're fine, I didn't take it that way at all. And I honestly don't think there is a good comparison from a historical perspective because the athletes in the old days were never nearly as conditioned as the athletes nowadays.

However that doesn't get discussed much when LeBron is putting up huge numbers regardless of his inefficiency in doing so.

Hagreed. Lebron is completely carrying his team right now, but you can't deny that Jordan was more efficient in his monster 92-93 finals.

They're both scoring 41 points a game (though Jordan did it for 6 games), and Lebron is out-rebounding and passing Jordan. But Jordan hit 51% from the field, while Lebron sits at 40%. If Lebron's even at 45%, I might give him the edge. But 40% doesn't cut it for me.

I think Jordan still beats Lebron in their primes. Jordan could guard Lebron, but I can't say the same for the inverse. Jordan was just way too skilled offensively, too smart.

But I will say that Lebron is a close second. Both elevate their teammates so much. Moreso than Kobe, and I really like the Kobe from 10 years ago. But if I need one guy to win one game, I take Jordan every time. Then Lebron.

LeBron's efficiency is being destroyed because of what is left on that roster right now. LeBron trying to be an efficient player would mean the Cavs would lose every game in this series by double digits. The active roster is a joke right now for the Cavs.

Look at the 1993 Bulls roster and compare it to what LeBron is saddled with right now.