Neufeld News

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gillmann can put up, say, 7 and 5, I don't think most people would mind Neufeld being a back-up.

7 points while shooting from the perimeter? That's not acceptable to me. We need an interior presence. When Rob Loe played on the perimeter, we had Brian Conklin, Corey Remeken and Dwayne Evans on the interior. Cody Ellis also played some interior. Unless we have a 3 and 4 who can most of the interior load, then I am not fine with a perimeter shooting center or 5.

7 points while shooting from the perimeter? That's not acceptable to me. We need an interior presence. When Rob Loe played on the perimeter, we had Brian Conklin, Corey Remeken and Dwayne Evans on the interior. Cody Ellis also played some interior. Unless we have a 3 and 4 who can most of the interior load, then I am not fine with a perimeter shooting center or 5.

It could work if MY develops into something closer to DE and RA should at minimum be CR, but probably better. Hopefully MN provides an inside scoring option. Not sure what to expect from Welmer and not expecting much from BJ.

I still go back to the very first radio interview of RM (which I heard right after he accepted the job at SLU) and I believe Frank C. asked RM about his basic philosophies and his most important players on the Court. RM was emphatic that the key to his teams are the 1 and 4 (point guard and power forward). Miller and Van Horn, of course, came to mind. Now, KM and CE/RL come to mind. In short, RM wanted his bigs (whether a true 4 or 5) to be outside shooting threats as opposed to the traditional interior/power forwards. The unconventional lineups created real matchup problems and allowed guys with otherwise limited ability to flourish.

Now, unless Crews is going to follow/teach the RM system, I am going to hope/expect Crews to bring in guys at the 4 and 5 who can and will have success mostly on the interior.

Will somebody please teach Gillman how to slam dunk?

Was impressed with AG. If he gains 25 lbs and some muscle, the kid will be very good. He has real good court sense.

-I thought he started the season a lot better than he finished it, perhaps the frosh wall was hit which might not be the excuse it used to be as most guys go from high school season to aau season so the games and travel continue, albeit with some other guys on the team, guessing AG played aau ball

• 2 weeks later...

OK, to all interested, the 2015 FIBA U19 world championship will be played July 1 to July 5. The teams playing the world championship and their FIBA world rankings follow:

Argentina 3

Australia 11

Canada 25 Matt Neufled Center

China 14

Croatia 12

Dom. Rep. 20

Egypt 41

Greece 10

Iran 17

Italy 36

Korea 28

Serbia 7

Spain 2

Tunisia 23

Turkey 8

USA 1 Jayson Tatum Point Guard

Brunson has been my favorite guard in his class for quite some time ever since my school played Stevenson in the summer of my junior (his sophomore) season. Villanova got themselves an absolute steal, as I believe he was more polished than his ranking by scouting services would indicate. He should do big things in the big east.