Neufeld News

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice article. Thanks for posting. Smart idea for these kids to use prep school instead of a redshirt year thereby leaving the redshirt option open in case of injury.

Anyone know what scholarships were actually available to him coming out of high school (prior to prep school) had he decided to go straight to college a year ago? If I recall correctly, we were interested in Welmer (not sure Crews would have actually offered him without prep school) but I do not recall any mention of Neufeld. Again, how did he find us? or we find him?

I know that Washington and some other teams wanted him after Vegas but only if he did not reclassify. The word was that he was going to reclassify and take one of those offers but as we now know, he changed his mind. I believe those names were put out by Ben W so will see if I can find them.

The two offers biggest offers he had outside of SLU from what I understand were Colorado and Saint Mary's.

You are correct but before he reclassified and during the summer he got a lot of attention from other schools that could only sign him if he did not reclassify which he almost did but changed his mind.Ultimately he decided between SLU and St Mary's.

A story in the news services said he got a telephone call from Duke right before he committed to SLU. No offer indicated in the story, only interest.

Between him, Reggie and FBJT we will have three players that Duke desperately wanted.

Inside sources said that Neufeld wants to play with Tatum, hence he picked SLU over Duke

A story in the news services said he got a telephone call from Duke right before he committed to SLU. No offer indicated in the story, only interest.

Matt confirmed this in an interview after he signed with SLU

• 3 weeks later...

Neufeld will be playing for the Canada U19 team this summer.

Canada has been producing some studs in the last few years, so that should be a pretty good accomplishment for Neufeld. Get him some extra experience. Hopefully it doesn't hinder his chances to get acclimated to the team this summer though.

Maybe we will see a battle of future bills at this tournament. The Canadians and Neufeld against USA and FBJT

Hopefully Matt will have a great showing like last summer and JT will see what a stud he could be playing

with as a Billiken and especially knowing that he can make him even better on the court.

Looking at their roster, I would hope that he gets some consistent minutes. It looks like Egi and Urquhart will be his main competition.

Egi was a freshman at Harvard last season. Egi played 11 games last season and scored 11 points total.

Urquhart was a freshman at Vermont last season. He only played one minute against us, but seemed to find a role for Vermont in the postseason.