Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about Ian

He plays for UNICS Kazan in the VTB which is the leading league in Russia, West Asia, and Eastern Europe. Currently his team is playing the Eurocup and are undefeated at 8-0. Ian averages 14 points and 5 boards as the starting center. He's been with this team for 3 years now. If they continue their play in the Eurocup they will be invited to play in the Euroleague, an all encompassing European basketball superleague. One of Ian's teammates is Luke Harangody, formerly of Notre Dame. Ian starts, Harangody comes off the bench.

One name I didn't see on the initial list was Jon Smif (maybe that was for a reason). He is averaging 8.9 ppg for Ohio, starting every game this year. Also 5.6 rpg and shooting 68% from the field.

He's a nice player for Ohio. I never remember that he has eligibility left.

Brian Conklin, currently playing for the Townsville Crocodiles in the Australian League, has signed to play again for the Southland Sharks in New Zealand. He helped to lead the Sharks to the championship in the land of wizards and hobbits. Should be no surprise that he is very popular with the fans Down Under. He's a great representative of SLU.

Brian Conklin, currently playing for the Townsville Crocodiles in the Australian League, has signed to play again for the Southland Sharks in New Zealand. He helped to lead the Sharks to the championship in the land of wizards and hobbits. Should be no surprise that he is very popular with the fans Down Under. He's a great representative of SLU.

Do we have any video of any Bonecrusher screens?

Do we have any video of any Bonecrusher screens?

Since I was born in the first half of the 20th century, those posting/cutting/pasting skills elude me. But if you Google"Townsville Crocodiles", their website shows a fair amount of video. Haven't noticed any big violent screens but Conk gets a lot of dunks, often off a pick 'n roll. Crocs often show the " top 5 plays of the game" and often 2 of them are Brian slams. Fun to watch and I now don't even mind the big McDonalds logo on their unis.

Brian's nickname in both countries is "King" Conklin. Those wacky Oceanians !

We all wish big men were more physical, emotional, intimidating whatever you want to call it. 99% of them aren't like that. Still I've seen a lot more emotion out of John this season. His offense is still perplexing but he's very vocal on defense and has gotten really heated this year after he's been called for fouls.

I think Evans has the right mix, maybe a bit too stoic for me. Glaze goes way overboard, so much that I think it hurts his game.

• 4 weeks later...