Open Practices Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-aren't there only two possibilities here? - the team looks great, everyone had a Conklin Summer, shooting is vastly improved, the new guys will play in the league and the coaches have a bunch of new things up their sleeves -- or -- the team looks like crap, everyone spent too much time at Golden Corral, still can't shoot or use a screen, new guys can't run and chew gum at the same time and the coaches have all lost their minds

I'm worried about the Vashon Newbern (sp?) syndrome taking hold. I remember when folks saw him at some of Brad's pre season open practices that he was a leader, the second coming of Dobbins/Ferguson, would be a force on both ends of the court. Sadly, none of those glowing reports ever came to fruition in the games. Please, if we're going to get player analysis, try and look at it thru your A10 goggles. If a guy looks quick and athletic compare him against the players he will face in the A10. For example, if the new lightweight version of Malik is eating Jolly and Gillmann's lunch on the inside, try and picture how he'd do against Mo Alie of VCU. I think I blew his name as well.

I'm worried about the Vashon Newbern (sp?) syndrome taking hold. I remember when folks saw him at some of Brad's pre season open practices that he was a leader, the second coming of Dobbins/Ferguson, would be a force on both ends of the court. Sadly, none of those glowing reports ever came to fruition in the games. Please, if we're going to get player analysis, try and look at it thru your A10 goggles. If a guy looks quick and athletic compare him against the players he will face in the A10. For example, if the new lightweight version of Malik is eating Jolly and Gillmann's lunch on the inside, try and picture how he'd do against Mo Alie of VCU. I think I blew his name as well.

Not even close- Vas'shun Newborne (although there never seemed to be consensus on whether the second S was capitalized, and on Facebook he now spells it without the apostrophe).

You actually had Mo Alie spelled correctly, but forgot the hyphen and second part of his last name: -Cox.

Hang in there.

Thanks, Pistol, for the corrections. Hopefully, the message's premise came through, though. Still, I'm sure we'll get all world reports on how much progress certain guys have made. Just take everything with a grain of salt.

-... or -- the team looks like crap, everyone spent too much time at Golden Corral, still can't shoot or use a screen, new guys can't run and chew gum at the same time and the coaches have all lost their minds

You left off how some of the returnees are now team cancers, won't play hard or pull for others, and will probably transfer.

Chances we work on inbounds plays during these?

We already have a series of 3 tricky inbounds plays. Play 1 is throw to the left side of the backcourt, 2 to the middle of the backcourt, and 3 the right side of the backcourt. We even have 4 different guys who can receive the ball. That's a multi-variate count of 12 options. What more can you ask?

Reggie at least doing running drills solo. Malik doing a lot more ball handling than I would expect.. Ash showing flashes of being the best... But this is like the preseason scrimmage last season (note there have only been drills so far)

Random observation -- Ash is PUMPED. Dude's arms are massive right now. Looks like he has spent the whole summer benching and curling.

Amusing to look to my left and know someone else is also posting :-)