Schedule Issue/Clarity Question

Taj79

Anybody ......

... main page lists us as playing Louisville at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn on Friday, November 27th. Was looking at hotels and all to take the wife up, trade hitting the game for some NYC pre-holiday shopping. UofL press release dated June 29 (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/06/29/louisville-basketball-close-to-completing-2015-16-schedule/29460653/) says they play us there that date.

However .... UC press release dated yesterday (http://www.fox19.com/story/29494243/uc-announces-non-conference-hoops-schedule) says UC will play in Barclays Center Classic with two home games on 11/22 and 11/24 and then travel to Brooklyn to play two of three teams from GeeDubya, Nebraska and/or Tennessee on 11/27 and 11/28.

And if that isn't confusing enough, the Barclays Ticket Office lists a "Legends Classic" college tournment but on 11/23 and 11/24 showing participants as NCState, Marquette, Arizona State, and LSU. The same ticket office showing nothing happening on 11/27. Plus the Barclays Calendar of Events is open that date. And when I search the "Brooklyn Hoops Classic" as noted on the UofL press release, I get shifted to another Barclays event planned for December with UNC, UCLA, Kentucky and someone else. So th evenue appears availabel but nothing offical just yet.

Safe to guess the contract is being worked or what?

If I was you I would delay plans and reservations to the time it becomes clear who is playing whom and in what date.

Definitely. There are a ton of events that have had releases stating dates for games at the Barclays Center for this season. Here is a summary below. Right now that Friday (11/27) would look pretty crowded with games if all the releases have been accurate. We'll wait and see until the official release comes out through SLU.

11/23 - 11/24 Legends Classic (Arizona State, LSU, Marquette, NC State)

11/26 - 11/27 NIT Season Tip-Off (Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Villanova) *This is being moved out of Madison Square Garden and I have seen it listed as being at Barclays

11/27 - 11/28 Barclays Center Classic (Cincinnati, George Washington, Nebraska, Tennessee)

11/27 Brooklyn Hoops Classic (Louisville vs. Saint Louis)

12/19 CBS Sports Classic (North Carolina vs. UCLA; Kentucky vs. Ohio State)

12/22 Atlantic 10/ACC Showcase (Virginia Tech vs. George Washington; Boston College vs. Fordham)

Thanks for all the input. This is a pulled quote from the UofL release:

" a neutral-site game in Brooklyn against Saint Louis and 10 home contests, including three games as part of the Brooklyn Hoops Classic" and " Louisville finishes the Brooklyn Hoops Classic on Nov. 27, the Friday following Thanksgiving, against Saint Louis at the Barclays Center."

Just saying .... so confused .....

• 1 month later...