Lancona is gone

Westy03

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, considering what he did playing in his Freshman year I had hoped better for Lancona but it never happened. It was not only during play that he looked out of it, during the pregame practice periods he appeared to lack enthusiasm and was just going through the motions. Sorry things never happened for this kid and hope he does well elsewhere.

Well, no surprise here, eh? Too bad as I thought he was coming on late last year. Guess we'll never know the full details, but it just seemed he never hit his stride this year. Good luck to him wherever he plays.

I still have last year's NC State game on the DVR. About a month ago I was totally depressed after watching another lopsided loss I flipped it on. He did not look bad and thought he had a pretty good future with the Bills. As someone described him, maybe another Chis Sloan with some range.

I wish Tanner the best.

I'm with the majority of you guys. I thought he was going to be better. His shot looks good, it just doesn't go in ... or didn't this year for whatever reason. Maybe lack of confidence as they kept missing. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for all and this to me seems to be one of those times. I wish him the best.

Last year, TL looked like he had the potential to be a pretty skilled, agile stretch four, who could shoot, pass and even put the ball on the floor and drive to the hoop on occasion. This year, in addition to no longer being able to hit his shot, he looked a slow and fat. Not sure if he tried to bulk up and it impacted his skill level or if he just got a little doughy. It seemed he was in the doghouse from the start of the season and could never get out of it.

Bizziken, on 18 Mar 2015 - 7:35 PM, said:

I think he'll end up being really valuable for a Big West team. There are some decent teams in that Conference. I wish him the best

Wouldn't it be something if Lancona winds up being the best player of all the players on the current roster?

It would not shock me at all if Tanner went on to have some good success somewhere. As Skip said about, sometimes a change of scenery is needed. We may never know why Tanner didn't work out here and sometimes it's impossible to pinpoint. Sometimes it just takes a new surrounding core new coaches to get things going again. Since he didn't produce as we all expected, it's a win-win that he's transferring. I hate seeing kids transfer but if it works out for both parties, then so be it. I wish him success.

It seemed he was in the doghouse from the start of the season and could never get out of it.

He was in the starting lineup early in the year, up through the Thanksgiving tourney or so. I actually liked what we saw of his inside game this year. And for all the talk about his threes not falling, he only ended up taking 26 of them. Not a huge sample.

Lancona seemed to get the least chance on the roster to play through his mistakes this year. Now he was really bad at some points, but so was just about everyone.

By the time conference play rolled around, giving Tanner more minutes was going to mean giving MIke and/or Milik less. That wasn't going to happen.

Lancona seemed to get the least chance on the roster to play through his mistakes this year. Now he was really bad at some points, but so was just about everyone.

We must've been watching different teams. I thought he got the most undeserved chances of anyone all season.. Crews kept trying to get him going well into conference play. I remember the Duquesne game specifically hoping it was his last chance, which I'm sure he blew by going 0/5 from the field. As torch noted, his numbers were just brutal. There's playing through your mistakes, and there's missing every shot you take and not contributing anything else. Even free throws.. Woof

Lancona didn't play hard. I'm not sure what player you all were watching but I saw 0 hope and knew he would be gone because there was NO EFFORT. I knew he would be gone from the first time he showed up on the court. Losing him can only help, to be perfectly honest.

This was a bit much so ill qualify that this was my impression based on on court performance observations. Only TL knows for sure what happened this season, maybe he was just truly overwhelmed.

I saw TL put especially little effort inside. CE and RL overcame that with enormous training and conditioning and will.

He has to be willing to be tough inside or he will not play anywhere. I hope he finds a staff he buys into and gets tough in the college game. This is a physical sport.

Kids leaving to go find success elsewhere means this staff has alot of work to do. The fact that TL regressed only strengthens the argument against this staff. AM was not a good fit and he recognized it early instead of wasting his last year. Best of luck to both kids. May you find success wherever you land.

[quote name="Billikenboy" post="450961" timestamp="1426848369). The fact that TL regressed only strengthens the argument against this staff."

No, not so much. Kids transfer, on the court the speed of the A-10 was too fast for Tanner...I wish him well, and thank him for his contributions Last Year...

• 2 months later...