Lancona is gone

Westy03

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Lancona, hope he has a good future on the court and in life.

I think the fact we said goodbye to Grandy Glaze on sr night answers the question.

Top need: point guard

And now that Iowa took Christian Williams, it's high time Crews hits back by closing the deal on Tyler Texas JUCO Ikenna Okwarabizie....we need more Africans in the paint. He'd have three years eligibility after averaging 7 points, 7 boards for a top 20 team.

Haha funny. Why waste it on a 1 year of eligibility role player? I'd rather pick up someone that can develop over time (I'll take my chances with the staff). If he returns I will be very disappointed in this program

I think senior leadership is vastly underrated when talking about player development you gotta have players who will be an extension of the coaches will and mentality in the lockerroom and show players how to carry themselves on and off the court

Tanner was the biggest disappointment this season. For us to have any kind of a season we needed the stretch 4 Tanner to have a big season. Unfortunately his shot disappeared and then he looked lost on the floor. I really hoped for much more, he had the body and outside shot to be successful, but It just didn't come together for him this year.

I wish him well and maybe a change to a smaller conference will allow him to find his game. A new player in that scholarship will almost certainly make a bigger contribution.

No one pulled for Tanner to succeed more than me. I thought he should have played more last year. This year, he was a big reason why I predicted we would win 18 games. But then he just kept shooting the 3 -- and missing the 3. I have not seen anything like it. Even bad shooters or guys with a tough year have their moments or games where they have success - Tanner did not. I just kept waiting for him to make a 3, then another, then another and the confidence returns... but it never happened. I also was shocked that he never tried to get his interior game going while his perimeter game struggled. A big mystery.

He truly has to be a better player than he has shown us this year and I thank him for his 2 years and wish him the best in the future.

I think he'll end up being really valuable for a Big West team. There are some decent teams in that Conference. I wish him the best

Agreed. Santa Clara or San Francisco make sense as possible landing spots.

No one pulled for Tanner to succeed more than me. I thought he should have played more last year. This year, he was a big reason why I predicted we would win 18 games. But then he just kept shooting the 3 -- and missing the 3. I have not seen anything like it. Even bad shooters or guys with a tough year have their moments or games where they have success - Tanner did not. I just kept waiting for him to make a 3, then another, then another and the confidence returns... but it never happened. I also was shocked that he never tried to get his interior game going while his perimeter game struggled. A big mystery.

He truly has to be a better player than he has shown us this year and I thank him for his 2 years and wish him the best in the future.

Amen. I kept hoping one of his threes would go in, and they never did. He seemed to avoid the interior game, waiting for his threes to start falling. I always hoped he would be another Chris Sloan.

Amen. I kept hoping one of his threes would go in, and they never did. He seemed to avoid the interior game, waiting for his threes to start falling. I always hoped he would be another Chris Sloan.

Agreed, was hoping something would of went right for his game this year.