OT - The Red Panda is retiring

Red Panda = Communist Propaganda

I heard that she was under scrutiny for multiple tweets critical of Xi Jinping and is most likely having her organs harvested at a camp in Outer Mongolia right now. The official Party Media released a statement that she is "retired".

We lose five senior starters and now the Red Panda. This is awful. Let's keep this quiet and hope it doesn't affect FBJT's recruitment.

On a serious note, she was amazing. I know the routine was the same every year, but I was still mesmorized each and every time.

• 1 year later...

Red Panda had ACL surgery in '13 and announced her retirement in October of '14. Apparently, the recovery wasn't going well. Was pleasantly surprised to find out last Friday that she appeared at the Wake Forest Black and Gold Madness event. Thought maybe she was doing some JV work before venturing out to the big stage but she's back on the NBA circuit. Awesome act, how the heck does she do that time after time?

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Anyone know when the Red Panda will perform at the Chaifetz?? 😆😆😆😆😆

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/28/red-panda-rong-niu-nba-halftime-china-76ers-warriors?utm_source

Thanks for the link. Good article. She is amazing.

8 hours ago, rgbilliken said:

Saw the title of the thread before seeing the date and it really freaked me out before realizing it was old. Glad she's still going strong.

I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread. Interesting read. I have seen Red Panda at other arenas and always enjoyed the show. She is amazing. 

• 2 years later...
On 10/2/2014 at 1:16 PM, cgeldmacher said:

We lose five senior starters and now the Red Panda. This is awful. Let's keep this quiet and hope it doesn't affect FBJT's recruitment.

On a serious note, she was amazing. I know the routine was the same every year, but I was still mesmorized each and every time.

Lol 

I member FBJT 

JMM28 and cgeldmacher like this

13 hours ago, wgstl said:

I’ll be honest, she’s overrated. Her skill is mad amazing but she messes up too much for the hype. 

To be fair, she's getting older, she still has it and consistently delivers entertaining performances every year.