Pulling for Roy

SluSignGuy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BRoy: The greatest Billiken fan in history (until you took over the title), Dr. William T. Bonwich, had a heart transplant at SLU Hospitals in 1986 at age 60. He lived for 20 more years. The Great Billiken, or the Son of God who gave the Jesuits their name, or whoever you worship, watches over those whose hearts are rejuvenated in the land of Firmin-Desloges. We shall all come over and buy you beers at the Harris-Stowe game.

BRoy: The greatest Billiken fan in history (until you took over the title), Dr. William T. Bonwich, had a heart transplant at SLU Hospitals in 1986 at age 60. He lived for 20 more years. The Great Billiken, or the Son of God who gave the Jesuits their name, or whoever you worship, watches over those whose hearts are rejuvenated in the land of Firmin-Desloges. We shall all come over and buy you beers at the Harris-Stowe game.

HATE HATE HATE

I've posted this before but I'll do it again:

Billiken Roy once saved my life.

When I was in Iraq he sent me Billikens.com printed threads and Billikens Press Clippings. One day outside An Najaf I gathered with the other soldiers as the sergeant conducted mail call. I was standing uncomfortably in my kevlar as the temperature rose with the sun across the desert. Hoping like everyone else that my name would be called, when it was I moved quickly to grab the letter from Billiken Roy in Belleville, IL. Just as I moved a mortar hit the spot I was previously occupying. We all hit the ground. I lived the continue my Billiken fandom and tell this tale of how Billiken Roy saved my life.*

*this retelling is based on a true story. In the true story there was no mortar attack.

Get Well Soon Billiken Roy

When I was in Iraq he sent me Billikens.com printed threads and Billikens Press Clippings. One day outside An Najaf I gathered with the other soldiers as the sergeant conducted mail call. I was standing uncomfortably in my kevlar as the temperature rose with the sun across the desert. Hoping like everyone else that my name would be called, when it was I moved quickly to grab the letter from Billiken Roy in Belleville, IL. Just as I moved a mortar hit the spot I was previously occupying. We all hit the ground. I lived the continue my Billiken fandom and tell this tale of how Billiken Roy saved my life.*

*this retelling is based on a true story. In the true story there was no mortar attack.

Roy saved my life once, too!

I was walking down by SLU, suddenly 4-5 large goons grabbed me, held me, threw punches, got me down, kicked me a few times...

Roy came around the corner, told them "that's enough".

(old one)

ROY: get well soon... PM me when you feel better later in the year and I will definitely buy you lunch somewhere nice. I don't know if this motivates you or maybe (probably) de-motivates you, but consider it an attempt on my part to reach out to a great Billiken.

B'roy is definitely a Billiken legend. Thanks for sharing it D-Day... ooops A-Bomb. Get well, Roy, season's almost here.

Roy is now out and in recovery mode at home. Doctors said it was not his time as his bucket list was incomplete. Seems "Billikens Make Final Four was marked as "I." He was sent back out to finish his list.