Billikens making late push for 6'9 245 PF Ernest Aflakpui

brianstl

Ghanaian kid playing HS ball in Philly Has visited Temple and St Joe's. Plans visits to VCU and URI. Crews had an in home visit with the kid on Thursday. Considering using his last visit on SLU. Rivals has him as 3 star and ESPN has him as a 4 star. Also, holds offers from Memphis and San Diego St..

Get him on campus and lock him up. Let's get a pipeline going on these kids from Ghana.

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/09/carrolls-aflakpui-getting-final-looks-at-schools/

http://zagsblog.com/articles/power-forward-aflakpui-has-visited-st-joes-temple-rhody-vcu-remaining/

He may not even visit us - we are coming late so that may not be helpful to us.

While we are coming in late, I find it encouraging that he's even entertaining the idea of visiting. Could've dismissed us outright, but he didn't. It tells me he thinks highly enough of the coaching staff and/or program to want to add us into the mix of schools who have been there longer. Sometimes being the last school in is not such a bad thing.

While we are coming in late, I find it encouraging that he's even entertaining the idea of visiting. Could've dismissed us outright, but he didn't. It tells me he thinks highly enough of the coaching staff and/or program to want to add us into the mix of schools who have been there longer. Sometimes being the last school in is not such a bad thing.

Looks like a quality player based on his offers. It seems like this coaching staff has been able to jump into the mix a little later and nab some quality players. It's good to hear some recruiting news. There hasn't been much.

have Agbeko show him around campus.

native of Ghana who moved to Buffalo in 2010 … last name is pronounced AG-beck-o.

I knew some Ghanians when i went to school, and later on in life I met professionally with other Ghanians. Ghanians appear to be, from my experience, very segregated and circumspect about other Ghanians unless they happen to be members of the same tribe. If they share tribal membership they know each other or about each other and become quite open and animated about it. There are many tribal groups in Ghana, not like Nigeria which only has three main tribal groups (Yoruba, Housa and Ibo), Ghanians have many. I hope Agbeko and this kid share common tribal backgrounds. That would go a LONG way to get him into SLU.

I knew some Ghanians when i went to school, and later on in life I met professionally with other Ghanians. Ghanians appear to be, from my experience, very segregated and circumspect about other Ghanians unless they happen to be members of the same tribe. If they share tribal membership they know each other or about each other and become quite open and animated about it. There are many tribal groups in Ghana, not like Nigeria which only has three main tribal groups (Yoruba, Housa and Ibo), Ghanians have many. I hope Agbeko and this kid share common tribal backgrounds. That would go a LONG way to get him into SLU.

one time I was traveling alone in the eastern Europe, bumped into a dude from Chicago..... I don't like Chicago or people from there, but in this case I was happy to see him

Good observation but I would add that RA represents the new generation of African kids that grew up in tribal households but is more Americanized meaning that english is his first language so tribal bonds are not that strong to him. Culturally he is more like a typical American kid than most people realize although he came here in 2010. I do not know much about this Ernest kid but would suspect having a common tribal connection with a SLU player may not be on the top of his list either. Will be interesting to see what decision the kid makes. Could be a good catch if we are in play!

It is a really big deal to get this kid on campus. He's highly touted and sought after by the top recruiters in our league. He's is a difference maker in the A10. Will be a huge recruiting coup for Crews if he can get him to commit.

This is one of the big advantages that having only one scholarship available this year. They really can go all out on this kid.

We came really late. Temple offered him last year as did St. Joes & Lasalle.

Elite shotblocker. Has a next level body as well, at 6'10 245, not like for instance Willie Reed.