Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

His dad is a nut case he is getting in twitter wars with ND fans. Dan Has no clue what he is doing to his son's future. He is just an overprotective dad that is living his hoop dreams through his son. Getting Cam would be great but we will not see him until the 2015-2016 season. That's a long time and it might be a blessing for Cam to mature and learn how to play some defense and work on his academics

If you are going to troll, at least get some facts straight about when he'd be eligible.

As to the twitter war, it looked like he retweeted one dumbass comment from a ND fan. Not sure i'd call that a "war."

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as he enrolls in a school for the spring semester he will eligible at the end of fall semester next season. I assume Biedscheid has requested to talk to other schools. Notre Dame has 7 business days to respond. If they deny him, Biedscheid then has an appeal that must take place within 15 days. He can still enroll in a school Notre Dame denies him from going to but he cannot be on athletic scholarship there for a year. Regardless by Decemeber 14 he should be on athletic scholarship wherever he chooses to attend.

Whether we add Biedschied or not if Crews does his job this year; the improvements of TL, RA, and JM will have just as much to do with our ability to compete next year as CB's addition. We should be just as good at guard and we will be a tall, strong team. The thought of a slim Biedschied at 6 foot 7 in addition to the bigs we have now and the tall freshman who have LOI could make us for the next three years. I think this coaching staff rivals that of the assistants Majerus put together in the Alex Jensen, Chris Harriman days. The main differences may be that now we have strong recruiting in Indiana instead of the expenses of competing for talent down under. The little we have seen of Agbeko and Lancona have shown us a couple of scrappers: Agbeko is lightening fast for a guy his height and Lancona reminds me a lot of Chris Sloan in his junior and senior years. I like TL's mid and arch range shooting.

Cameron Biedschied could step in and be the final building block of one of the best teams in Billiken history, or not.

I am not too concerned about an overprotective dad. People were saying he was nearly a one and done and the coach at ND asks him to redshirt sophomore year on a so-so team.

Edited by GOSLU68

Whether we add Biedschied or not if Crews does his job this year; the improvements of TL, RA, and JM will have just as much to do with our ability to compete next year as CB's addition. We should be just as good at guard and we will be a tall, strong team. The thought of a slim Biedschied at 6 foot 7 in addition to the bigs we have now and the tall freshman who have LOI could make us for the next three years. I think this coaching staff rivals that of the assistants Majerus put together in the Alex Jensen, Chris Harriman days. The main differences may be that now we have strong recruiting in Indiana instead of the expenses of competing for talent down under. The little we have seen of Agbeko and Lancona have shown us a couple of scrappers: Agbeko is lightening fast for a guy his height and Lancona reminds me a lot of Chris Sloan in his junior and senior years. I like TL's mid and arch range shooting.

Cameron Biedschied could step in and be the final building block of one of the best teams in Billiken history, or not.

I am not too concerned about an overprotective dad. People were saying he was nearly a one and done and the coach at ND asks him to redshirt sophomore year on a so-so team.

I think next year's team can be good especially with the addition of Biedscheid, but let's not get carried away.

There will be a drop off from this year's team to next year's team. Everyone should just get used to it now so we don't have all of the hand wringing next year. You don't lose 5 seniors who all get significant minutes, 4 of whom are basically 4 year starters, 3 of whom are/will be 1,000+ scorers, 1 who is one of the best Billikens ever and not have a drop off.

Saying we should be just as good at guard is insane. We lose 2 senior guards who have had starter's minutes their entire careers. I like what I've seen from McBroom so far, Ash should be good, and I'm optimistic about the recruits, but we will miss Mike and Jordair.

Which people were that? I am as excited about the prospect of getting CB as anyone but I don't believe anyone thought he was close to being a one and done last year.

Additionally, it was not Brey's idea to redshirt CB. It was done by CB as he realized by the time the season was going to start that he would likely want to transfer and this was a way to protect at least half a year of his eligibility.

I understand why people want to express some modest concerns about taking a transfer, but IMO the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Consider:

- Cam would be the highest rated recruit out of highschool to play with the Bills since... Larry Hughes

- Cam fits in perfectly with what this team needs going forward (a high scoring small forward)

- Once a kid has transferred, he has less leverage and the influence of meddling parents isn't as important

- He's local and people ***** all the time that we don't have enough local kids.

This is an absolute no-brainer for us to go after and hopefully get. I know this is all I want for Christmas (or shortly thereafter).

+1 to everything. With DE leaving after this year, there's certainly an opening for a lot of minutes in the small forward spot. Also, who could complain about the way DE has been used the past few seasons. If CB gets put into that role, what is the downside for him. I hope he and his father see that.

His twitter feed makes me confident that the guy is a tool.

Yeah I could just as easily tweet the same thing about Cam and SLU and it would mean absolutely nothing. While Biedscheid may in the end head down the road to State U, this tool's twitter feed should be no concern.

From the Tom Noie chat

Who knows what will happen with Biedscheid. It could be resolved today, tomorrow, next week or next month. Why the hold-up? Biedscheid needs to come to terms with what's best for Biedscheid and not worry so much about what others may or may not believe is in his best interest.

1:15
Comment From Kevin, Indy
Could you kind of lay out a timeline for Cam's decision process? I know the details are vague right now but when do you expect a decision to be made? Also, what circumstances do you think need to be figured out for a decision to be made?
1:17
Tom Noie:
Kevin:

Unfortunately, Santa forgot to leave me a crystal ball under the Christmas tree - though the package of boxer-briefs was much-appreciated.

Who knows what will happen with Biedscheid. It could be resolved today, tomorrow, next week or next month. Why the hold-up? Biedscheid needs to come to terms with what's best for Biedscheid and not worry so much about what others may or may not believe is in his best interest.

I am guessing Brey is going to try hard to talk Cam out of transferring before they grant him a release.

His twitter feed makes me confident that the guy is a tool.

From the twitter world. I don't know who this person is or how reliable he is.

@PeteScantlebury @GabeDeArmond Hearing from pretty reliable source that Cameron Biedscheid is headed to Mizzou. You guys hearing same?

Hearing from a pretty reliable source that Daniel Regan is a tool. You guys hearing same?

I think next year's team can be good especially with the addition of Biedscheid, but let's not get carried away.

There will be a drop off from this year's team to next year's team. Everyone should just get used to it now so we don't have all of the hand wringing next year. You don't lose 5 seniors who all get significant minutes, 4 of whom are basically 4 year starters, 3 of whom are/will be 1,000+ scorers, 1 who is one of the best Billikens ever and not have a drop off.

Saying we should be just as good at guard is insane. We lose 2 senior guards who have had starter's minutes their entire careers. I like what I've seen from McBroom so far, Ash should be good, and I'm optimistic about the recruits, but we will miss Mike and Jordair.

BillsFAN > SLU68

Which people were that? I am as excited about the prospect of getting CB as anyone but I don't believe anyone thought he was close to being a one and done last year.

Additionally, it was not Brey's idea to redshirt CB. It was done by CB as he realized by the time the season was going to start that he would likely want to transfer and this was a way to protect at least half a year of his eligibility.

KShoe > SLU68

Geezus, SLU68 is getting d$ckslapped all over this thread.