Recruiting 2015

That makes two we stole from the Dukesters; RA and now Neufeld. Looks like we should have gone after Okafor harder. :) Seriously, we have our guard spots basically filled for the next 3 years and they'll be playing with a big front line. Since the guards are rather tall and long, we should be very good on defense with all those long arms blocking the passing lanes. At least for now, ie until we see them play, you have to give JC good marks for his recruiting skills.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically replacing the departing Glaze and JM with a couple of bigs seems to make sense. I like the fact they are both coming from prep schools. Now we turn out attention to 2016 recruiting, where we will have JT to play the 2/3 with one of the schollies and then a combo guard with the other one to replace the departing AM and AY. With one of our 2016 scholarships all but locked up, the staff can already devote a lot of attention to 2017.

Apparently we are collecting big, white kids...Lancona, Gillmann, Jolly, Welmer, and now Neufeld

We gotta a lot of gym rats... coaches on the floor. These kids work really hard. They work a lot harder than "other players" who get by on athletic ability.

So basically replacing the departing Glaze and JM with a couple of bigs seems to make sense. I like the fact they are both coming from prep schools. Now we turn out attention to 2016 recruiting, where we will have JT to play the 2/3 with one of the schollies and then a combo guard with the other one to replace the departing AM and AY. With one of our 2016 scholarships all but locked up, the staff can already devote a lot of attention to 2017.

Everybody needs to get on ACE's level. He speaks the truth.

Lot of good vibes in this thread. Congrats on Crews and Platte for sealing the deal with Neufeld. Its always good when you can take a player that Duke was desperate for :D and make him a Billiken. FBJT will soon be following in MN's footsteps.

I rated Matt Neufeld as a high major recruit during my one viewing in July. Duke called last week. Surprised more schools didn't jump in.

0 replies 6 retweets 4 favorites

Matt Neufeld committed to St. Louis, per Drive coach Pasha Bains. Also seriously considered St. Mary's.

0 replies 12 retweets 3 favorites

SLU has landed a quality big man in @sunrisehoops big man Matt Neufeld who is from Canada. 6-10, big frame, touch & very good passer

0 replies 13 retweets 3 favorites

Neufeld attracted a lot of attention as a 2014 playing during the summer with DRIVE basketball. Would have been hot commodity come spring.

Anybody know if the prep school kids come in with college credits? This would seem to be an advantage and allow them to carry lower course loads.

Also love the fact that these kids are one year older and have that prep school B-Ball experience. Good job coach and staff.

Anybody know if the prep school kids come in with college credits? This would seem to be an advantage and allow them to carry lower course loads.

Also love the fact that these kids are one year older and have that prep school B-Ball experience. Good job coach and staff.

I'm guessing you saw video in his signing thread from the school. sounds like they take one course.

• 1 month later...

I had trouble finding any individual stats for Matt Neufeld or Elliott Welmer. Sunrise Christian Academy (Neufeld) is currently 9-4 while Bridgton Academy (Welmer) is 5-8. I did see a pre-tourney listing of Welmer being the 'Player to Watch' for Bridgton. Welmer lead the team with 18 points in a first game tourney loss at Springfield MA.

All in all, this doesn't mean much. They will be 'unknowns' until they show up on campus.

jyeqh37d_bigger.jpegEvan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 1h1 hour ago

I rated Matt Neufeld as a high major recruit during my one viewing in July. Duke called last week. Surprised more schools didn't jump in.

0 replies 6 retweets 4 favorites

jyeqh37d_bigger.jpegEvan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 1h1 hour ago

Matt Neufeld committed to St. Louis, per Drive coach Pasha Bains. Also seriously considered St. Mary's.

0 replies 12 retweets 3 favorites

5uj5yZBk_bigger.jpegEric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 1h1 hour ago

SLU has landed a quality big man in @sunrisehoops big man Matt Neufeld who is from Canada. 6-10, big frame, touch & very good passer

0 replies 13 retweets 3 favorites

5uj5yZBk_bigger.jpegEric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 1h1 hour ago

Neufeld attracted a lot of attention as a 2014 playing during the summer with DRIVE basketball. Would have been hot commodity come spring.

Anybody have any stats on Neufeld for his prep season? I was watching Nurger play for WSU last night and was thinking that Neufeld will be a very similar type player. Nurger also attended Sunrise

Anybody have any stats on Neufeld for his prep season? I was watching Nurger play for WSU last night and was thinking that Neufeld will be a very similar type player. Nurger also attended Sunrise

I was looking the other day and couldn't find anything. I think Neufeld has the chance to step in and play right away next year.