Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wanted to let the Michael Brown proceeding wrap up before starting the investigation into NH's comments. We will announce the jury before the end of the week. For FULL transparency, we have decided to also name those board posters who will be a part of jury. More details to come.

Can you please give me at least 4 hours before announcing the decision? I would like to prepare for potential riots

A friend of mine has a relative going to chaminade that takes classes with Tatum. The relative was told by Tatum in a class that it's either Kentucky or Kansas. Not sure if this is completely reliable info but it's just what I was told. Sorry to burst any bubbles here...

GET THEE FUIOCK OFF THIS BOARD

A friend of mine has a relative going to chaminade that takes classes with Tatum. The relative was told by Tatum in a class that it's either Kentucky or Kansas. Not sure if this is completely reliable info but it's just what I was told. Sorry to burst any bubbles here...

I have heard similar things from those close to Jayson. Apparently he has family connections of some sort to Kansas and they were an early favorite, but he has since really come around to Kentucky and they are believed to be his most likely destination.

I do not understand why he would want to be just a cog in the Kentucky machine rather than a hometown God. I dont buy into the fact that Calipari makes people NBA ready. If someone is that good then they are going to get drafted high regardless.

But I take very little from these "friends of his are telling me" reports. They might be true, but 18 year olds change their mind all the time.

I said last year that I had heard Kentucky was a heavy favorite. But I'm still not taking a lot from that. He's still only 16 or 17 and has plenty of time to change his mind. If Kansas and Kentucky are loaded with NBA talent, maybe he wont want to risk playing a 6th or 7th man role as a freshman, but he's interested now in case he can step in and be the star from day one.

SLU has the most unique recruiting pitch. Also, don't underestimate the kind of impact parents (especially a mother) can have on a kid.

I do not understand why he would want to be just a cog in the Kentucky machine rather than a hometown God. I dont buy into the fact that Calipari makes people NBA ready. If someone is that good then they are going to get drafted high regardless.

But I take very little from these "friends of his are telling me" reports. They might be true, but 18 year olds change their mind all the time.

Completely agree with everything. Even I put no stock in this information beyond it being fairly reliable and where he stood over the summer, so it is potentially not even current.

I don't get the UK thing.

If this is about maximizing your earning potential as a Pro you simply don't go to UK. Only one player on UK's team can get picked first in the draft. If you are not that top player you drop. Almost any other school that Tatum could possibly attend, including SLU, puts him front and center and makes it a lock he is the #1 overall pick.

Two things:

1) Are people seriously changing their view of FBJT's likelihood of ending up at SLU because of some MBM saying he has a relative in school with him?

2) How did those Illinois people ever let the video get posted to the web?

If you are a kid why would you not tell people that you are going to KY or KS - it makes you look cool. Now when the actual decision is made next year, you can then tell people that you changed your mind since you decided this or that. Nobody should put any stock in any of these rumors - they are just that rumors.

Just promise me no one here will act like this (including the awkward moment between the two dudes in the front at the :07 mark) when Tatum makes his decision:

The dude actually picks up the Illinois hat before putting it down and opting for Kansas. It was dirty. They are not to blame

The closest thing to an inside source I have is a good friend of mine who is an assistant football coach at CBC. He knows Justin Tatum fairly well, and says Justin still claims that Jayson is seriously considering SLU but is also seriously considering Kentucky/Kansas/Duke. My friend says he never mentions any schools beyond those four when talking about Jayson's decision, and his sense is that it will come down to SLU and Kentucky. For what it's worth, my friend is a SLU basketball season ticket holder, but he also played football for Rich Brooks at Kentucky, so he has a rooting interest in both those schools.

Not sure how much any of it means, but anything suggesting Tatum is at least considering SLU at this point sounds like the best possible news you could hope for.

FBJT will be a Billiken. He will play 34 minutes a game and average 24ppg along with 8 rpg and 4 apg. A very experienced SLU team will win the national championship and FBJT will be drafted #1 overall. These are facts. They are not debatable.

I know someone who's barbers sister knows a person who has a class with JT and he told me JT said exactly what you wrote above. It can't be a coincidence ... 2 different sources ... same thing. He's coming

Maybe because he says that they're pretty high on his list. And the author says "Tatum says Kentucky is in a good position." Also says Tatum would like playing in Cal's system because kids like to win. My conclusion seems pretty obvious

He also said SLU and Mizzou were "very high" on his list.

There was nothing particular about that article to suggest Kentucky is the front runner.