George Mason Post Game Press Conference

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He starts by taking all the blame and then see about the 5:15 mark where he essentially admits to yelling at the players during the extended post-game locker room get together. He essentially gives some coach speak, but it's obvious he's pissed at the players. I'm not sure how strongly it's going to resonate with the players at this point.

He starts by taking all the blame and then see about the 5:15 mark where he essentially admits to yelling at the players during the extended post-game locker room get together. He essentially gives some coach speak, but it's obvious he's pissed at the players. I'm not sure how strongly it's going to resonate with the players at this point.

Yeah I get the impression that he feels he is losing these guys. Not good.

Simpleton. Nice man, but average coach at best

"merriam-webster - simpleton - someone who is not very intelligent or who does not have or show good sense or judgment."

Maybe I just have more respect for and confidence in Rick Majerus, but I don't think he would hire a simpleton for such an important position.

"merriam-webster - simpleton - someone who is not very intelligent or who does not have or show good sense or judgment."

Maybe I just have more respect for and confidence in Rick Majerus, but I don't think he would hire a simpleton for such an important position.

Majerus made mistakes. See: John Manning.

Crews was the perfect guy for the year Majerus died. Not sure anyone could've done better. But he just isn't the guy to take over the program long term. That said: tonight was on everyone.

Majerus hired a stop=gap. Any history after that is charted by the course of real world events. Even if Majerus doesn't pass, I don't think either he or Crews are here this year.

Love when people insert dictionary definitions into speeches, arguments, etc as if I don't know the definition of the word

Simpleton. Nice man, but average coach at best

You need to go back under that bridge.

I'm not happy, hope he pulls it together.

Everyone knew this year was going to be a rebuilding year and that we weren't really going to be good. Most of the pre-season predictions (although i admit they are not gospel) had SLU near the bottom of the A-10. Our 5 starters were graduating, and the payers taking over were inexperience or had had little impact. This year has been a bit more disappointing than we wanted it to be, but the results have not been far off from what objective analysis said before the season. Crews has definitely made coaching mistakes, but he is also taking a risk and banking on giving the freshmen playing time as an investment. Although many may not agree with this approach, and it is true that it may have cost us 2-3 W's, I think that based on previous season's work, Crews has earned himself at least one more season.

I understand and share everyone's frustrations-it has definitely been rough! I do think, however, that it isn't until the end of next season when we can really come to conclusions about wether Crews should be fired or not.

The only reason Crews was hired is a position became available when the pickings were slim. If Jensen doesn't walk away when he did, Crews never joins the staff.

Crews and Majerus were very close friends. I talked to Jim right after he was hired at the open practice and he told me the only coach he would have come back for was Rick. He was not looking for a job when Rick called him. Crews is very well thought of in the coaching profession.

I drove an hour and a half both ways to see this mess tonight. I extremely disappointed with what I saw but some of you need to get a grip. Do you ever say anything positive about anyone or anything.

Crews and Majerus were very close friends. I talked to Jim right after he was hired at the open practice and he told me the only coach he would have come back for was Rick. He was not looking for a job when Rick called him. Crews is very well thought of in the coaching profession.

I drove an hour and a half both ways to see this mess tonight. I extremely disappointed with what I saw but some of you need to get a grip. Do you ever say anything positive about anyone or anything.

Yes when we see something positive. Tonight there were no positives. Even tomorrow will be ruined with the hangover and all

He handled it about as good as he could. The team hasn't accepted that the only way they will be good, is to play tough defense every possession. It's tough to teach that when you have no experienced leadership. Obviously it's been a long season and losing wears down everyone. A win next game would go a long way for morale.

We'll be better on Wednesday. But it's hard to find a positive from tonight. But I still look forward to Wednesday's game.

They might have been great friends, but that doesn't change the facts of the situation that created Jim Crews coming to SLU. If Jensen doesn't take the D League job at the time he did, Crews never comes to SLU. Majerus turned to Crews because of the timing of Jensen departure. Majerus's only options at the time were coaches nobody else decided to hire and retired coaches.

from 270? :)

They might have been great friends, but that doesn't change the facts of the situation that created Jim Crews coming to SLU. If Jensen doesn't take the D League job at the time he did, Crews never comes to SLU. Majerus turned to Crews because of the timing of Jensen departure. Majerus's only options at the time were coaches nobody else decided to hire and retired coaches.

Majerus would have been extremely happy to be able to hire Crews no what the situation was. He worked with him on one of the national teams he coached. He was lucky he was available when Jensen quit.

The big problem we have is no upper classmen leadership. No one on the floor that can get on them when things are going south.

+1

As far as I am concerned, I have seen enough of Ash, McBroom, Manning, Glaze and Lancona. We had the chance to reload but then it became a rebuild year -- but the problem is that we are still not yet building. Admit that mistakes were made and bring in new players. I am fine with a team next year without any Seniors next year and I wouldn't really miss any of next year's Juniors even though I truly believe that both Crawford and Reggie have real talent.

Majerus would have been extremely happy to be able to hire Crews no what the situation was. He worked with him on one of the national teams he coached. He was lucky he was available when Jensen quit.

If Crews was such a desired choice for Rickma why did he not reach out to Crews when he hired Whitsell? When plenty of options were available, Rickma hired Whitsell without even talking to Crews.

If Crews was such a desired choice for Rickma why did he not reach out to Crews when he hired Whitsell? When plenty of options were available, Rickma hired Whitsell without even talking to Crews.

You know who Majerus talked to before he hired Whitesel? By the way I think Whitesel was a very good hire.