Arsenal Vs. Bosnia - anyone have the presale password?

Jeremy

You'd think MLS would be taking notice of all the interest in soccer in St. Louis. City-Chelsea, Real Madrid-Inter, now Argentina-Bosnia (and rumors of a USA-Bosnia game before the World Cup).

Give us a team, make Ibisevic our first designated player signing (ambitious, but not THAT unrealistic, especially if it's a couple years down the road), and we'd easily draw 20K a game.

Obviously we'd need an owner and stadium, which doesn't look good at this point.

You'd think MLS would be taking notice of all the interest in soccer in St. Louis. City-Chelsea, Real Madrid-Inter, now Argentina-Bosnia (and rumors of a USA-Bosnia game before the World Cup).

Give us a team, make Ibisevic our first designated player signing (ambitious, but not THAT unrealistic, especially if it's a couple years down the road), and we'd easily draw 20K a game.

Obviously we'd need an owner and stadium, which doesn't look good at this point.

You're last sentence negates the first two. As long as there is no owner and stadium the MLS can't help us.

-not taking a shot but I expect to hear similar chants of 'let's get an NBA team' after the upcoming Bulls exhibition game

Looks like there will be a round of general presale.
ARGENTINA VS. BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA SOCCER MATCH PRESALE
The Argentina National Team FC, led by Barcelona star Lionel Messi, will face Bosnia-Herzegovina on Monday, November 18 at Busch Stadium. Argentina recently qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. If Bosnia-Herzegovina fails to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, they will be replaced by a team to be determined.
As a valued Cardinals fan, you are invited to participate in an exclusive presale on Tuesday, October 8 at 2:00 p.m. CT.
Presale Date: Tuesday, October 8
Time: 2:00 p.m. CT
Password: SOCCER

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/ticketing/soccer.jsp?loc=presale&group=ru&partnerId=ed-7647579-607992543

I'm not so sure our ability to fill stadiums for a handful of exhibitions matches featuring the best players in the world means we could draw 20k per game over a full season (17 regular season home games) for a (presumably) mediocre MLS team.

As a soccer fan, I will attend every big time exhibition game that comes to town, but I have no interest in annually committing 17 weekend dates to a team of which I have no emotional attachment.

That's not to suggest that the St. Louis market couldn't support an MLS team, but marketing wise it's a completely different animal compared with the Special Event matches we've been getting in 2013.

re: the lack of a stadium or owner...

The only way I see it happening is if Kroenke really intends to keep the Rams in St Louis and 5 or 10 years down the road (if the Rams aren't so awful, and soccer is even more mainstream than it is now) he manages to get St Louis County to kick in $200-300M towards a new stadium (presumably at the Fenton Chrysler site) on the dual conditions that it will keep the Rams in STL for 30-40 years and that it will land St Louis an MLS team, with the NFL kicking in $200-300M, and Kroenke covering the rest. Kroenke would have majority ownership of the stadium, and in addition to the 27+ Rams/MLS games, he could book the big time exhibition matches that the DeWitts are currently getting.

and that scenario - while plausible - is not likely because voters are unlikely to approve any kind of tax increase for a sports stadium. In 2004, St Louis County voters overwhelmingly passed an amendment to the county charter that mandates referendums for any public funding for the development of a professional sports facility.

ultimately, I'll settle for 2-3 world class exhibitions a year over 17 MLS games.