Top Ten Posters Who've Left Billikens.com

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the straw that drove BRoy away? I know he couldn't stand Majerus and was not a Crews fan. But I missed his grand finale.

Not positive, but I do know that Roy still reads the board regularly. I'm assuming that's how most of these guys are. Hopefully they return in the future

I stopped using my account and handed it over to my colleagues because I moved on to college coaching and it mightve been a conflict of interest. And also because I didnt want the negativity on here directed at me to be directed at the schools and bring negative attention upon myself as I was building relationships. All I ever did was post about potential recruiting targets and it seemed to really offend people. You didn't think I knew anything about college coaching and recruiting, so I became a professional college coach and recruiter. Thank you for the hate.

Vtime I've corresponded with you in the past so you know I have a great deal of respect for you and have witnessed your success coaching at the AAU and college level. Kudos to you.

But......you routinely posted about players who had absolutely no chance of ever suiting up in a Billikens uniform, much less at the D-1 level. I understand your motivation to get more exposure for area kids but this board wasn't necessarily the place for it. I and many on the board give you tons of credit for "discovering" some big time diamonds in the rough, most notably Ben McClemore. But for everyone of those you had about a dozen misses. I remember your non stop posts about Sanijay Watts, a decent D-2 player. Non stop threads like that are what infuriated the board and generated so much "hate" for you.

Unfortunately for this forum it probably is a conflict of interest for you to post here. I speak for myself and surely for others here when I say I actively follow your coaching career and that you should be extremely proud of your accomplishments. All of us talk about basketball as a hobby and wish our opinions actually mattered, while people pay you to share your expertise of the sport. You are living the dream of most of the contributors on this forum.

I stopped using my account and handed it over to my colleagues because I moved on to college coaching and it mightve been a conflict of interest. And also because I didnt want the negativity on here directed at me to be directed at the schools and bring negative attention upon myself as I was building relationships. All I ever did was post about potential recruiting targets and it seemed to really offend people. You didn't think I knew anything about college coaching and recruiting, so I became a professional college coach and recruiter. Thank you for the hate.

If the Billikens had about 175 available scholarships to give and were not bound by basic NCAA D1 eligibility requirements, the majority of your posts would have been relevant.

Vtime I've corresponded with you in the past so you know I have a great deal of respect for you and have witnessed your success coaching at the AAU and college level. Kudos to you.

But......you routinely posted about players who had absolutely no chance of ever suiting up in a Billikens uniform, much less at the D-1 level. I understand your motivation to get more exposure for area kids but this board wasn't necessarily the place for it. I and many on the board give you tons of credit for "discovering" some big time diamonds in the rough, most notably Ben McClemore. But for everyone of those you had about a dozen misses. I remember your non stop posts about Sanijay Watts, a decent D-2 player. Non stop threads like that are what infuriated the board and generated so much "hate" for you.

Unfortunately for this forum it probably is a conflict of interest for you to post here. I speak for myself and surely for others here when I say I actively follow your coaching career and that you should be extremely proud of your accomplishments. All of us talk about basketball as a hobby and wish our opinions actually mattered, while people pay you to share your expertise of the sport. You are living the dream of most of the contributors on this forum.

+1 for this entire post

Not positive, but I do know that Roy still reads the board regularly. I'm assuming that's how most of these guys are. Hopefully they return in the future

This is funny as you and a couple other posters were directly involved.

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24719&page=11

Roy was praising Glaze for having a good game, called his play the season before a "joke" sort of, it was taken pretty much out of context. Even if it wasn't it was mostly true.

Cheeseman jumped on him, a few others piled on with personal insults and Roy is gone.

Ironically, Roy was right on with his analysis of Glaze and the rest of the team. The mob that ran him off was wrong then, and looks really wrong now.

Granted Roy's skin had been getting thinner and thinner for a while but rereading that thread Roy was getting abused for absolutely no reason. His arguments were correct then and are correct now. His posts were in good spirit until people started ripping him without cause.

Roy was praising Glaze for having a good game, called his play the season before a "joke" sort of, it was taken pretty much out of context. Even if it wasn't it was mostly true.

Cheeseman jumped on him, a few others piled on with personal insults and Roy is gone.

Ironically, Roy was right on with his analysis of Glaze and the rest of the team. The mob that ran him off was wrong then, and looks really wrong now.

Granted Roy's skin had been getting thinner and thinner for a while but rereading that thread Roy was getting abused for absolutely no reason. His arguments were correct then and are correct now. His posts were in good spirit until people started ripping him without cause.

Agreed! +1

Here's a post from ACE, who thinks he knows everything, but is just an apologist for all things Billiken.

+1 roy's categorization of Glaze is ridiculous. This myth he continues to perpetuate about GG not "grasping the system" is WAY overblown. There is no way Crews puts him in the rotation or we have that much success last year if that was the case. We were struggling when Crews put Glaze into the starting lineup against Duquesne. We absolutely lose that game if not for GG. While he didn't stuff the stat sheet most of the season, he was a part of the rotation on the best Billiken team in the modern era. That is no joke. Funny, I don't ever recall roy calling somebody like Bryce Husak "a joke."

Later in the season, we learned the truth.

You can't look at one post in a vacuum. He had been over the top negative towards Majerus, Crews, and the team for the entire Majerus and then Crews era. It is one thing to disagree with Player X playing a lot, but just search for threads re: Daniel Lisch for the counterpoint on this.

+1

Agreed! +1

Here's a post from ACE, who thinks he knows everything, but is just an apologist for all things Billiken.

+1 roy's categorization of Glaze is ridiculous. This myth he continues to perpetuate about GG not "grasping the system" is WAY overblown. There is no way Crews puts him in the rotation or we have that much success last year if that was the case. We were struggling when Crews put Glaze into the starting lineup against Duquesne. We absolutely lose that game if not for GG. While he didn't stuff the stat sheet most of the season, he was a part of the rotation on the best Billiken team in the modern era. That is no joke. Funny, I don't ever recall roy calling somebody like Bryce Husak "a joke."

Later in the season, we learned the truth.

An apologist for all things Billikens :lol: Wrong again. Funny, guys like roy used to routinely rip me for being too harsh during the Sodie era. The "truth" was that Sodie had to go. What did I say in the above post that was wrong? Grandy did spark us the prior year and we do lose that game to Duquesne if not for GG. roy DID defend players much worse than Grandy during the Sodie era - Truth.

You're the same guy who liked cokehead Quin and had Faith in Haith, while being a harsh Majerus critic - nice track record you have there. Remember that fake outrage post you made about the program following the Richmond game a few years ago? Well soon after your chicken little act, the program Majerus built went on to have the most successful run in school history. You were wrong again. What rock did you crawl under during that time when the program was having so much success? Those of us who had faith in RM were vindicated.

kshoe called this one - aj would be back to stir up sh!t now that the recent class of seniors and all the success they have brought has graduated.

If you are curious why some posters are not posting, just look at the topics that have been discussed over the past three months. There is absolutely nothing besides going around in circles posting about the recruitment of a soon to be junior in high school who will not make a college decision for 15+ months.

I think Roy and Pistol stopped posting for other reasons, but if there were meaningful topics to discuss I would imagine they would be back although at some point I would imagine Roy realized having people constantly argue with him on a message board was not a good use of his time and energy.