Roster

next year's bills are 6'5.5" on average. the tallest team in the country three years ago, illinois, was 6'7" on average1. get rid of austin mcbroom's little faux philanthropist ass and our average player is... you guessed it: 6'7".

pretty neat.

1 that's the first top average height research i found and that's all the research i'm willing to do, gotdammit.

when you see them live, it is hard not to be impressed by the physicality and the athletic abilities, as a group. They look big and physical. Several of the freshmen are pencil-thin in the arms and may still be growing, too.

I'm still trying to figure out the group and am not very certain about scoring, at the moment, for sure. but I'll say this: several of these guys are physically imposing. I've been around the team for 15 years and this group is as physically imposing, and just plain big and strong, as any team we've had since I got here--as a complete team. Reggie and Ash look very intimidating, for one thing. They are both very tough and I expect them to get big minutes and make very big contributions, right away. Believe me when I tell you--they will do just fine in the A10. So will Crawford and Lancona--they can score in our league, in bunches. All those 4 guys have improved and matured dramatically; they may not yet be on the skill level of our graduating seniors but they are ready to rock and roll, and they will all chip in points, and get lots of minutes. Add 2 seniors and McB and you already have an excellent rotation of 7.

Freshmen: Jolly will be a big surprise for many on here, because he is relentless and surprisingly athletic, for his size. From a distance, both he and Austin look slightly taller than Manning, even though they are listing Jolly at 6'9". Again, Austin, Jolly, Bartley, & Yarbrough may all still be growing into their bodies. Roby is physically probably the most ready today, he reminds me a bit of Ash. But Jolly is a darkhorse.

We'll be pretty darned good this year, unless I am really missing something. I know the league is tough but I hope everyone is encouraged to hear -- we'll be tough too, and we can play with these other teams. You better believe we'll defend the Fetz; how will we do on the road?? What may be the biggest surprise-- and a credit to the program--I think we can be really good without really depending much on the freshmen--although they will get their minutes, and points I'm sure. Honestly, it may be the kool-aid--but how about some upside optimism for the Bills? can we win 20-22 and figure out a way into the Dance, 4 years in a row? Cause if we do, it could become 8 or 10 years in a row!!!

Now I'm excited. Doc B's analyses are not to be deemed "homeristic". He was right on 4 years ago when he pegged DE as the best in class, when most of us were overlooking him. Especially like the call on Crawford and Lancona, especially MC. We need a sniper in the worst way. See the 0-15 from 3 land against UL in the dance and the loss to OU the previous year for evidence. Other than VCU I don't see any other teams in the A-10 being that strong that we can't hang with them. Go Bills!

when you see them live, it is hard not to be impressed by the physicality and the athletic abilities, as a group. They look big and physical. Several of the freshmen are pencil-thin in the arms and may still be growing, too.

I'm still trying to figure out the group and am not very certain about scoring, at the moment, for sure. but I'll say this: several of these guys are physically imposing. I've been around the team for 15 years and this group is as physically imposing, and just plain big and strong, as any team we've had since I got here--as a complete team. Reggie and Ash look very intimidating, for one thing. They are both very tough and I expect them to get big minutes and make very big contributions, right away. Believe me when I tell you--they will do just fine in the A10. So will Crawford and Lancona--they can score in our league, in bunches. All those 4 guys have improved and matured dramatically; they may not yet be on the skill level of our graduating seniors but they are ready to rock and roll, and they will all chip in points, and get lots of minutes. Add 2 seniors and McB and you already have an excellent rotation of 7.

Freshmen: Jolly will be a big surprise for many on here, because he is relentless and surprisingly athletic, for his size. From a distance, both he and Austin look slightly taller than Manning, even though they are listing Jolly at 6'9". Again, Austin, Jolly, Bartley, & Yarbrough may all still be growing into their bodies. Roby is physically probably the most ready today, he reminds me a bit of Ash. But Jolly is a darkhorse.

We'll be pretty darned good this year, unless I am really missing something. I know the league is tough but I hope everyone is encouraged to hear -- we'll be tough too, and we can play with these other teams. You better believe we'll defend the Fetz; how will we do on the road?? What may be the biggest surprise-- and a credit to the program--I think we can be really good without really depending much on the freshmen--although they will get their minutes, and points I'm sure. Honestly, it may be the kool-aid--but how about some upside optimism for the Bills? can we win 20-22 and figure out a way into the Dance, 4 years in a row? Cause if we do, it could become 8 or 10 years in a row!!!

I like your thinking and I agree that this year will be a transition year with some unknowns but with excellent depth, particularly if the frosh can get up to speed quickly on defense. Then the year after and for the next few years we should be tough and athletic, maybe even better than the teams of last year and the year before. the glass is way more than half full but this year will probably try our patience at times.

Most excited to hear good things about the sophomores. If the sophomores can really establish themselves and contribute a lot while the freshmen learn and get stronger, we could be in for a solid season.

I had heard good things about all 3 sophomores too but haven't seen anything in person so definitely glad to read this from a reliable poster

Holy $#it that was fun to read!

Doc (or anyone else with insight),

Any word on how Ash has looked in open gyms? He seems to be a guy who could step into fill some of the scoring we are losing.

Honestly, it may be the kool-aid--but how about some upside optimism for the Bills? can we win 20-22 and figure out a way into the Dance, 4 years in a row? Cause if we do, it could become 8 or 10 years in a row!!!

I'm all for optimism but 20-22 wins will not be good enough for the NCAA tourney (particularly if you are including the A-10 tourney in your win total). Our non-con schedule is shaping up to be pretty mediocre and I doubt we can expect the A-10 to be as strong as it has been the past 2 years.

I'm all for optimism but 20-22 wins will not be good enough for the NCAA tourney (particularly if you are including the A-10 tourney in your win total). Our non-con schedule is shaping up to be pretty mediocre and I doubt we can expect the A-10 to be as strong as it has been

the past 2 years.

debbie-downer.jpg

I'm all for optimism but 20-22 wins will not be good enough for the NCAA tourney (particularly if you are including the A-10 tourney in your win total). Our non-con schedule is shaping up to be pretty mediocre and I doubt we can expect the A-10 to be as strong as it has been the past 2 years.

Then lets go for 25 wins.

7839257454_17f36d7fcd_o.jpg

An uplifting report Doc B. When is the best time to watch the team play pick up games?

In Dr. B I trust.

Now I'm excited. Doc B's analyses are not to be deemed "homeristic". He was right on 4 years ago when he pegged DE as the best in class, when most of us were overlooking him. Especially like the call on Crawford and Lancona, especially MC. We need a sniper in the worst way. See the 0-15 from 3 land against UL in the dance and the loss to OU the previous year for evidence. Other than VCU I don't see any other teams in the A-10 being that strong that we can't hang with them. Go Bills!

Anybody who saw DE for the first time picked him as a player.

I agree 20-22 wins is not enough to get into the tourney unless you expect to win the conf tourney then your record is irrelevant.

Doc, do you know if Reggie recovered from his off-season shoulder surgery?

Doc, do you know if Reggie recovered from his off-season shoulder surgery?

At the banquet, I heard late July, early August before he'd be allowed to go 100% on everything again. This was obviously a couple months ago though so he could be ahead of schedule, or that could've still been a rough estimate on his schedule.

Recovering ahead of schedule and due to be released by doctor for full contact in August. He has been working out throughout so he has stayed in tip top shape throughout.