OT: Thunder vs Heat LOCK Game 4

MB73

While our favorite Billiken Basketballers are having Conklin summers , some of our posters should be having jimbo summers.

I don't know. jimbo is sort of like a Durant or Lebron. He was just born with those freakish gifts. Doubt if a whole summer of work can get any of us anywhere near his level.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse than losing was actually watching a full NBA game; bunch of hot dog prima donnas.

Sickening.

And, almost as many flops as goddam soccer.

I usually watch 10 minutes of a game come the NBA Finals; never again, unless it goes 2-1 again next year, at which time I will get even.

And, what, Ace, you figure YOU are some genius? Not quite. Annoying hooseir level posts at best, I have read some of them. Frustrated stuff. No evidence exists that supports that your intelligence is anything above those gas station attendents years ago that cleaned your windshields; 85% of people named "Ace" worked in those jobs.

You are wrong. I am a collect cans and business is quite good, so I don't need to wash windshields anymore to supplement my income.

Syria > Duke

That's only because Syria allows their soldiers to take courses like 'Biology for Non Science Majors' and the like. Syria's soldiers are not true student-soldiers. Coach K makes sure his soldiers go to real classes, whereas Syria just has THUGS.

That's only because Syria allows their soldiers to take courses like 'Biology for Non Science Majors' and the like. Syria's soldiers are not true student-soldiers. Coach K makes sure his soldiers go to real classes, whereas Syria just has THUGS.

Assad has said some pretty inflamatory things about the Grant Hill-led Blue Devils, which has no doubt fired up the current team. Duke by 30.

You started a new thread and had all sorts of conspiracy theories, just for laughs. Sure, I believe you. Really, I do.

What conspiracty theories?

This was tounge in cheek, though I really did think The Thunder would win, and I bet on them.

Pujols? That is not a conspiracy. He is 3+ yrs older than he says. Fact based. He is already falling apart as predicted, barely hitting his weight. I said he would hit about .290 this yr, taper off, and be done in about 3 yrs. Not play 10.

These "conspiracty" theories:

"

-NBA wants it to go to 2-2.

-If 3-1, fans lose interest, viewers down dramatically.

-If 2-2, creates more interest, ensures 2 more games, cha ching, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

-When it goes to 3-2, even more interest, one team can win it, another can tie and go to Game 7 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

-Game 7, HUGE interest, cha-ching, more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

It happened in baseball, Cardinals score 16 runs one night, go up 2-1, the next night a lame lefthander shut them out, pitches a foot out of the strike zone were strikes for the Texans; Cardinals players were furious. The national TV announcers pointed it out with Fox Trac but quit commenting in the 6th inning for the integrity of the game.

And, to boot, The NBA is far more crooked than MLB. FYI, I do not like the NBA, never watch it.

Miami has opened at 3.5 favorites for Tuesday night; down from 4.5 to 3.5? Sharps are trying to suck in the little people, the citizens, the sheep."

This was tounge in cheek, though I really did think The Thunder would win, and I bet on them.

Pujols? That is not a conspiracy. He is 3+ yrs older than he says. Fact based. He is already falling apart as predicted, barely hitting his weight. I said he would hit about .290 this yr, taper off, and be done in about 3 yrs. Not play 10.

Who had post #81 in the 'MB73 brings up Pujols's age' pool? I was off. I figured it for much earlier, around post 60.

The last time you brought him up on this board, he was hitting .214 (just did a quick forum search http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22707&st=120&p=319142&hl=+mb73%20+pujols&fromsearch=1entry319142 -you brought him up on May 18th. Unsolicited and completely off-topic.) Since then, his line is .306/.382/.603 with 9 2B, 9 HR, 26 RBI and 4 SB in 32 games. I figure with your track record on this board, he is due for an even bigger surge since you felt compelled to bring him up again for no reason. Basically, whatever you say will or should happen, the reverse tends to be the outcome.

Who had post #81 in the 'MB73 brings up Pujols's age' pool? I was off. I figured it for much earlier, around post 60.

The last time you brought him up on this board, he was hitting .214 (just did a quick forum search http://www.billikens...=1 -you brought him up on May 18th. Unsolicited and completely off-topic.) Since then, his line is .306/.382/.603 with 9 2B, 9 HR, 26 RBI and 4 SB in 32 games. I figure with your track record on this board, he is due for an even bigger surge since you felt compelled to bring him up again for no reason. Basically, whatever you say will or should happen, the reverse tends to be the outcome.

He was just bringing up pujols to have a few laughs. And to watch creeper sheep like you respond. Don't you have anything better to do than to be a super creep and stalk MB?

I am very happy that the Heat won 4 straight and are the NBA Champions. They smoked OKC in Game 5 and I was happy Mike Miller had a great game and it could be his last game. What a way to go out if it does turn out go be his last NBA game. The Big 3 for the Heat were also very good. Lebron gets his 1st ring and D Wade gets his 2nd ring. The better team won, and the fans here in South Florida are wondering what changes that the Heat will make the off season.

The last time you brought him up on this board, he was hitting .214 (just did a quick forum search http://www.billikens...=1 -you brought him up on May 18th. Unsolicited and completely off-topic.) Since then, his line is .306/.382/.603 with 9 2B, 9 HR, 26 RBI and 4 SB in 32 games. I figure with your track record on this board, he is due for an even bigger surge since you felt compelled to bring him up again for no reason. Basically, whatever you say will or should happen, the reverse tends to be the outcome.

What, again, bizzle, anything to oppose me?

Pujols 10 year $ 254M deal is a dsiaster; bad buy.

Look at Pujols' batting average, on base percentage, and slugging percentage in the last few years compared to previous. And now in 2012.

BA, he went from .357 '08, .327 '09, .312 '10, .299 '11. He's at .255 or so this yr. His total hits are way way down the last few years.

HR's? 47 in '09, 42 in '10, 37 in '11.

Do your bizzle stat "thing". Career, until, say 2009; then 2010, 2011, now 2012, compare all three categories, and throw in HR's.

His OBP (Moneyball) has crashed, .443 a few yrs ago, his last two yrs he cannot draw walks, does not see the strike zone like he used to, he is at .315 or so this yr, terrible for him, as his slugging % has crashed over 100 pts in the last few yrs.

These are the key stats, he is an aging star, everyone knows it now except you. It is out there, now, even the little people know: 3+ yrs older than he claims.

He will make it to 2015, tops, thanks to the DH in the AL; 10 yr deal to 2021? A joke, no way Angels are really paying him guaranteed money until 2021. They knew.

You supported his $ 254 10 yr deal, did you not?

I had predicted .290 this yr, he might get there... but his low OB % and slugging % make him a bad buy for the Angels already, he is slipping big time.

And he is always one play away from a long DL trip... bad hammies, feet, elbow. His stats will taper every year, he'll be just an average MLB first baseman.

To boot, he doesn't like it out there. He'll announce in a few yrs, when he gets to a few of his precious stat milestones, that he does not want to play anymore with his nagging injuries, he is not up to his high personal standards.

("off topic"?... yeah, everyone here keeps on topic 100% of the time on these threads)

What, again, bizzle, anything to oppose me?

Pujols 10 year $ 254M deal is a dsiaster; bad buy.

Look at Pujols' batting average, on base percentage, and slugging percentage in the last few years compared to previous. And now in 2012.

BA, he went from .357 '08, .327 '09, .312 '10, .299 '11. He's at .255 or so this yr. His total hits are way way down the last few years.

HR's? 47 in '09, 42 in '10, 37 in '11.

Do your bizzle stat "thing". Career, until, say 2009; then 2010, 2011, now 2012, compare all three categories, and throw in HR's.

His OBP (Moneyball) has crashed, .443 a few yrs ago, his last two yrs he cannot draw walks, does not see the strike zone like he used to, he is at .315 or so this yr, terrible for him, as his slugging % has crashed over 100 pts in the last few yrs.

These are the key stats, he is an aging star, everyone knows it now except you. It is out there, now, even the little people know: 3+ yrs older than he claims.

He will make it to 2015, tops, thanks to the DH in the AL; 10 yr deal to 2021? A joke, no way Angels are really paying him guaranteed money until 2021. They knew.

You supported his $ 254 10 yr deal, did you not?

I had predicted .290 this yr, he might get there... but his low OB % and slugging % make him a bad buy for the Angels already, he is slipping big time.

And he is always one play away from a long DL trip... bad hammies, feet, elbow. His stats will taper every year, he'll be just an average MLB first baseman.

To boot, he doesn't like it out there. He'll announce in a few yrs, when he gets to a few of his precious stat milestones, that he does not want to play anymore with his nagging injuries, he is not up to his high personal standards.

("off topic"?... yeah, everyone here keeps on topic 100% of the time on these threads)

Not really. I just said that he would get that type of deal from a team. (Read the posts from this thread to see my thoughts after last season http://www.billikens...wtopic=21231) You said that no team would even come close to giving him a deal like that. Also, I tend to wait until a full season is in the books before writing anybody off. For you, 70 games seems to be enough (Line since May 15th: .321/394/.610, 10 HR, 31 RBI in 36 games.) I don't think he will produce at the same level he did for the Cards, because YES, he is getting older. I just don't think he is 78 years old like you do.

When he is playing in 2016, will you come on this board and say that you 'seem to have miscalculated'? Because I can give you 254 million reasons why he will play out his contract. Or how about this...STOP FUOKING BRINGING UP PUJOLS! The conversation should have stopped when he signed the deal with the Angels. But here we are, again, talking about Pujols's age. Honestly, you are fuoking obsessed with the topic, like some kind of creepy stalker type of dude. And sadly, I keep enabling your obsession. I feel I should act like a responsible bartender and cut you off. So, no more Pujols banter from me.