OT: SLUH COACH

3Bill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sluh needs someone good. They are awful. Willie reed should coach, give him something to do.

SLUH nearly beat Webster.

I agree we have not achieved anywhere close to our potential in recent years.

SLUH nearly beat Webster.

I agree we have not achieved anywhere close to our potential in recent years.

True, I was at that game too, cool gym. But its the worse WG team in 14 years. there's a reason coach blossom said no way Jose to the sluh job. 1) because of what he had going at wg. 2) because sluh lacks the success in the past decade and 3) I should not say in public...

True, I was at that game too, cool gym. But its the worse WG team in 14 years. there's a reason coach blossom said no way Jose to the sluh job. 1) because of what he had going at wg. 2) because sluh lacks the success in the past decade and 3) I should not say in public...

I've heard the WG coach has more interest in the SLUH job than he lets on. It'll be interesting to see what happens. SLUH could become a powerhouse if they got the right coach.

I've heard the WG coach has more interest in the SLUH job than he lets on. It'll be interesting to see what happens. SLUH could become a powerhouse if they got the right coach.

Blossom won't be the Head Coach at SLUH. Not now, not ever.

I hope they hire Justin Tatum, but doubt they will.

I wonder why it happened now - JR's teams have been abysmal for a while now. I think he only had one winning season, 09-10.

I'd be shocked if Blossom was interested but would love to get him. He's a great coach.

Laughlin is a basketball guy so I'm hopeful he will bring in someone in who knows how to run a program. If I was a coach I'd love to have those facilities.

40 years is stretching is but not much. SLUH had a very good basketball program until the mid to late 90s. Since then, it has been pretty awful. That said, the facilities are unparalleled. There is no reason for the basketball program to be as poor as it has been. There is also no excuse for the failure to get some talent to play there. Ed Macauley has a huge picture in the gym. His grandson should be playing there.

This would seem odd to some given that he is a Vianney alum and has had a lot of success, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Walsh make the move over to SLUH.

If by recent years you mean like the last 40 years then you're right.

I wonder why it happened now - JR's teams have been abysmal for a while now. I think he only had one winning season, 09-10.

I'd be shocked if Blossom was interested but would love to get him. He's a great coach.

Laughlin is a basketball guy so I'm hopeful he will bring in someone in who knows how to run a program. If I was a coach I'd love to have those facilities.

I'm assuming it's because of his contract. It's not like Texas HS football up here, and the coaches are almost always teachers, as well. I'm sure the school had to wait until his contract reached its end and then said they wouldn't be renewing it. My understanding- someone correct me if I'm wrong- is that they sign a separate coaching contract and teaching contract. It takes something big to fire someone before the contract is up. In this case, he's staying around as a teacher.

Not knowing all the facts but if any of the public school coaches you are talking about are teaching full time then it is highly unlikely that they would leave for a private school set up. Their pensions would be negatively impacted since their teaching and coaching salaries are used to determine their pension pay out. I agree that they could stay teaching in the public school but my guess is that the private school might want them to teach at the school and if they did not then the coaching salary would be part of the pension numbers - at some point you have to make a decision based on the money.