Transfers?

I feel a little bad writing this one....but considering it will probably happen. What are the actual chances of players transferring and who are they? Really interested to see what everyone thinks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Lancona is almost definately gone. Mcbroom could easily be right behind him.

I don't see any freshman leaving due to all the playing time each already has under their belt. And, believe it or not, they've actually developed a decent foundation for a group of teenagers.

Is this code for Reggie is transferring?

I have a hard time seeing that. RA is (finally) getting more consistent playing time and he is proving his worth. Billikenboy will obviously know better than I, but RA transferring would surprise me.

RA seems like a good kid too, so if he's thinking about transferring, then there seems to be some real bad stuff going on over in Chaifetz.

Pure speculation but in alpha order:

Agbeko - 5% - I think he's old for a sophomore already and I just don't see why he'd leave. Plus if the goal is truly to let Yarbrough play the 3, then Reggie is the only true 4-man on the roster.

Bartley - 15% - Don't see it happening, but I think pretty much all the freshmen could leave.

Crawford - 7% - Don't see this one either. He's been the best of the sophomores to date, but who knows if we recruit Williams, his playing time might dwindle even more despite being the only current Billiken nationally ranked in offensive efficiency.

Gillmann - 2% - Just don't see it.

Glaze - 95% - Just don't see how he comes back with whatever has happened.

Jolly - 40% - Think he's most likely of the frosh with Neufeld and Welmer coming in.

Lancona - 100% - Is he still on the team?

Manning - Might attend his graduation just to make sure he's gone.

McBroom - 65% - If he graduates this spring, I have to think he's gone. Why would he want to spend his senior year playing 2 MPG on a non tourney team?

Reynolds - 10% - Used to think his chances were way higher but his recent quotes and play make me think differently.

Roby - 5% - Seems to enjoy SLU the most of the frosh.

Yacoubou - 10% - Could graduate early, but he's terrible and our staff continues to let him shoot 8 shots a game. Won't be the case elsewhere.

Yarbrough - 25% - I think he likes being the focal point here, but who knows what's going on with him and Jimmy.

Again all speculation. And who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Do either of next year's freshmen project as under the basket forwards? Or will we have 5 PFs with Malik, Reggie, Tanner, and the freshmen?

In that scenario it is hard to not see Malik moved to SF and Reggie starting and Tanner moving on if ball is what is most important to him.

I have a hard time seeing that. RA is (finally) getting more consistent playing time and he is proving his worth. Billikenboy will obviously know better than I, but RA transferring would surprise me.

RA seems like a good kid too, so if he's thinking about transferring, then there seems to be some real bad stuff going on over in Chaifetz.

I agree...he seems like a great kid and it finally looks like he is starting to put it together on the court

Just bringing in tons of big men won't allow Yarbrough to move to the 3. You have to find two bigs who are good enough that you actually want to play them at the same time. We saw what happened with Gillmann and Jolly on the court at the same time against a big, physical (but really bad) team like George Mason.

Pure speculation but in alpha order:

Manning - Might attend his graduation just to make sure he's gone.

this made me laugh. majerus truly fuoked him by saying he had the most NBA potential of anyone on the roster. i would also contend that he also has the most UFC Ring Girl potential of anyone on the roster.

sorry, john.

this made me laugh. majerus truly fuoked him by saying he had the most NBA potential of anyone on the roster. i would also contend that he also has the most UFC Ring Girl potential of anyone on the roster.

sorry, john.

Majerus sure had some bad predictions. Between Manning and the NBA, Barnett and all-conference, and Keith Carter being his best guard since Andre Miller (Carter is fine and is missed on this team, but he's nowhere near that good) it's hard to rank them all.

He did say we'd be a top 10 team and for one week he was right...