Fire Coach Crews

I'm just wondering why after every new poster who comes on here, that Steve just give them the user name "NotMetz1" or something like that just so this dead horse isn't beaten anymore.

I told you that in confidence, Joe. Haha but seriously, you can see the users who are logged in.

Hrrrm, so JMM28's name is Joe. That's good to know. I was half terrified, half aroused that he was Future Me®.

Hrrrm, so JMM28's name is Joe. That's good to know. I was half terrified, half aroused that he was Future Me®.

At least that's what I have known him as for the better part of 15 years :)

It's true. But I'd still watch out while crossing the street in front of a bus. We do share a birthday though, which none of the jamokes on this board have recognized the past several years.

It's true. But I'd still watch out while crossing the street in front of a bus. We do share a birthday though, which none of the jamokes on this board have recognized the past several years.

If parking wasn't six blocks away, you wouldn't have to worry about the bus.

Pat Forde wrote about SLU in his college basketball minutes...He put this under the section of Perils of promoting from within...How much uglier does this get before changes are made?

Saint Louis (19). When Rick Majerus took leave with a failing heart, the school understandably turned to Jim Crews, a veteran head coach at Evansville and Army. He first was given the job on an interim basis, and then full-time. Crews rewarded that trust with two great seasons, going a combined 55-14. But with the loss of several key, multi-year players, the Billikens have collapsed. They’re 11-18, 3-13 in the league and now losing badly to fellow A-10 also-rans like George Mason and Duquesne. The good news is that the entire roster should be back next year – if that is indeed good news.

Pat Forde wrote about SLU in his college basketball minutes...He put this under the section of Perils of promoting from within...How much uglier does this get before changes are made?

Saint Louis (19). When Rick Majerus took leave with a failing heart, the school understandably turned to Jim Crews, a veteran head coach at Evansville and Army. He first was given the job on an interim basis, and then full-time. Crews rewarded that trust with two great seasons, going a combined 55-14. But with the loss of several key, multi-year players, the Billikens have collapsed. They’re 11-18, 3-13 in the league and now losing badly to fellow A-10 also-rans like George Mason and Duquesne. The good news is that the entire roster should be back next year – if that is indeed good news.[/size]

Whoa, someone in the national media mentioned us this season.. Wild

Sorry to go off topic, but the parking 6 blocks away thing remind me. Actually I don't care about changing the topic.

Anyways, could someone explain to me why this board thinks parking is so far away and complains about it all the time (besides just wanting to complain)?

Olive-Compton has more than enough capacity, is a 1.5 block walk and only costs $10 for game-day parking. (0.2 miles away)

The surface lots are 5-7 blocks, yes. (0.4 miles, 0.4 miles and 0.5 miles away)

Laclede garage is 4 blocks away (0.5 miles)

Sorry to go off topic, but the parking 6 blocks away thing remind me. Actually I don't care about changing the topic.

Anyways, could someone explain to me why this board thinks parking is so far away and complains about it all the time (besides just wanting to complain)?

Olive-Compton has more than enough capacity, is a 1.5 block walk and only costs $10 for game-day parking. (0.2 miles away)

The surface lots are 5-7 blocks, yes. (0.4 miles, 0.4 miles and 0.5 miles away)

Laclede garage is 4 blocks away (0.5 miles)

Uh, I believe a certain poster made that complaint a few years ago. When it comes up NOW, it is a subtle inside joke. If I am wrong, please someone set me straight.

Said poster was from Chesterfield, which explained his conviction that the availability of abundant surface parking at all times should be the top priority of any civilization. What makes it a little ironic is that walking through one of the giant surface lots to get to a strip mall in Chesterfield is often a longer journey than a six block walk through Midtown.

Thanks. Knowing how St. Louisans in general feel about parking (there never can be enough, even though downtown pretty much has enough parking to host the World Series, Stanley Cup and Super Bowl at they same time), I couldn't tell if it was facetious or not.