I dont get why we havent marketed our basketball team more in terms of apparel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go into sports apparel stores around the whole area an cant ever find any jerseys or shirts.. The only thing these stores have is maybe a random SLU hat. I usually have to order all my team apparel from the university or go to the team store at the fetz.

Hey look a dead horse, let's beat it.

I go into sports apparel stores around the whole area an cant ever find any jerseys or shirts.. The only thing these stores have is maybe a random SLU hat. I usually have to order all my team apparel from the university or go to the team store at the fetz.

I think you answered your own question. :ph34r:

It probably ranks right behind the topic of, Why aren't we in the MVC?

We should have guaranteed Porter Moser coach in waiting

this is a priority for the athletic department over the next year or so. they're trying to find the most cost-effective way to do so, but you should see an increase in SLU gear over the next year - not saying it will be a drastic increase, but an increase none-the-less.

Also saw this shirt on the bookstore website. I was not a fan of a couple of the shirts that didn't seem to have SLU prominently and I wasn't a fan of the joker hat one. Saw these online as well. Fits my style a little more at least:

http://slu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/St_Louis_Billiken_Road_to_the_Final_Four_Adult_TShirt/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=19068&productId=400000126318&langId=-1

Does anyone have a picture of the Billiken T-Shirt they were selling in Columbus this weekend? They were sold out on the last day, and my father is on a hunt (for me) for one, and a picture would be helpful to his hunt.

Its fine even if it is a picture of someone (like you) wearing it.

Perhaps late, but last year in say February of 2011, I was walking through the Finish Line store at West County Mall and found two awesome SLU t-shirts on a table in the middle of the store, right between UCLA and Notre Dame shirts and amongst KU, Mizzery, UNC, Texas, Illinois, Florida, and Duke shirts. I bought both of them. They're awesome, much better than anything they have at the bookstore or the arena. Not sure if they are still there or not, but I was pleased to see us on a table with big name athletic schools.

I always thought our merchandise wasn't in malls and other sports stores because the merchandise didn't sell well?

Bingo. If something sells, retailers will get it. We start the year off 10-0 next year and retailers will start asking for it. Supply follows demand.