Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's that you don't seem to understand the actual situation. Read my posts that's the reality of what's going on. Nothing's going to change and I'm okay with that considering the hell of a season we're having. I'm going to say it again. Nothing is going to change.

Not the whole reality, just the public reality. Take it for what it's worth.

From the Twitterverse:

Jeremy Schneider@J_Schneider

Side note- Roselle Catholic guard @HakimSaintil20 just told me his college choice is down to St. Louis and Fairfield. #NJhoops

Saintil indicates he has offers from:

St. Louis, Hofstra, San Francisco, Rider, LIU- Brooklyn, Quinnipiac and Duquesne.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/hakim-saintils-player-blog/

Also according to Yahoo, Cincinnati, SMU, South Carolina, and Rhode Island have offered.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Hakim-Saintil-134585

They probably haven't in reality though, otherwise you'd think the kid would list them.

Seems his recruitment started off hot and then the big schools all pulled their offers. Just my take on the situation. If you look at some of the earlier stories the schools are bigger. Of course, the kid could've been lying or expecting more offers.

You're so cool.

Because you fail to see the whole picture or you buy into the smoke that comes out of the AD? SLU/Jim Crews know if Jim Crews will be the next coach. I don't know, you don't know, but they know. And what more matters, really?

He just led his team to a win against powerhouse St Patrick's in the playoffs. He plays on a very talented high school team

Oh trust me I agree that his credentials look good. I'd be excited if we landed this kid. I just don't think he has the offers he was once listed as having.

Because you fail to see the whole picture or you buy into the smoke that comes out of the AD? SLU/Jim Crews know if Jim Crews will be the next coach. I don't know, you don't know, but they know. And what more matters, really?

I was merely pointing out to WV who tends to be a little slow that the story was not going to change just because we're winning no matter how much he whines about recruiting.

I was merely pointing out to WV who tends to be a little slow that the story was not going to change just because we're winning no matter how much he whines about recruiting.

Yeah. And we have seen what happens when a kid picks a school solely on a coach...

The dude looks 30

I wouldn't have guessed he was young enough to be a recruit from looking at him but given that

1) he was sitting in pretty choice seats

2) he was on the floor after the game

3) Chris May told him "We could have used you in that first half"

The only possible conclusions to draw are that he's a former SLU player or a recruit, and I sure as hell don't recognize him as a former player.

You know everything...

Finally after 5 years you admit it. Thank you!!! And yes I would love to hear about recruits, but as Ben Weix has that info pay walled, I'm going to second the "go subscribe" motion. I have no idea who the kids were at the game yesterday.

I doubt if we are in the picture with Austin or Barnett anymore. Barnett's teammates Ray Doby & Patrick McCaw were also at the game. We've been in contact with both of them. Doby is 6'7 post player, I'm not that high on him. He disappears a lot in games and hasn't played well against other bigs at the HS level. McCaw is a 6'5 PG, alhtough he might be a SG in college, just with good ball skills. He plays second fiddle to Barnett but as Barnett faded the 2nd half of the season he took over and had some good games. Still not sure if he is more than a low major recruit.

http://blog.nj.com/hudsonhssports/2013/03/st_anthony_stunned_by_roselle.html

Here is an article on the Saintil led upset. He's 5'10 PG who also plays with a 'Cuse recruit. He even guest blogged for Adam Zagoria during the season. Good on the ball, not a shooter, score first PG. He plays for a high profile team there is lots of info on him out there.

I wouldn't have guessed he was young enough to be a recruit from looking at him but given that

1) he was sitting in pretty choice seats

2) he was on the floor after the game

3) Chris May told him "We could have used you in that first half"

The only possible conclusions to draw are that he's a former SLU player or a recruit, and I sure as hell don't recognize him as a former player.

Some h.s. or jucco players just look older then they really are. After looking at the picture I could go either way.

So this staff is recruiting seniors? How can that be? When I suggested that a few weeks ago, roy told me I was way off base. They were "phantom" recruits as he called them? So, it turns out the phantoms are alive and they've been to some of our games! :o

I doubt if we are in the picture with Austin or Barnett anymore. Barnett's teammates Ray Doby & Patrick McCaw were also at the game. We've been in contact with both of them. Doby is 6'7 post player, I'm not that high on him. He disappears a lot in games and hasn't played well against other bigs at the HS level. McCaw is a 6'5 PG, alhtough he might be a SG in college, just with good ball skills. He plays second fiddle to Barnett but as Barnett faded the 2nd half of the season he took over and had some good games. Still not sure if he is more than a low major recruit.

http://blog.nj.com/hudsonhssports/2013/03/st_anthony_stunned_by_roselle.html

Here is an article on the Saintil led upset. He's 5'10 PG who also plays with a 'Cuse recruit. He even guest blogged for Adam Zagoria during the season. Good on the ball, not a shooter, score first PG. He plays for a high profile team there is lots of info on him out there.

I read in one of Saintil's blogs that he was scheduled to visit us in February.

So this staff is recruiting seniors? How can that be? When I suggested that a few weeks ago, roy told me I was way off base. They were "phantom" recruits as he called them? So, it turns out the phantoms are alive and they've been to some of our games! :o

acie, playing the "you are wrong" card pretty early arent you? might want to wait until may to see if we indeed sign any out of town high school recruits for next year's team before puffing your feathers. that said i hope you are correct. if i am right we are setting up for a disasterous roster in two seasons.

acie, playing the "you are wrong" card pretty early arent you? might want to wait until may to see if we indeed sign any out of town high school recruits for next year's team before puffing your feathers. that said i hope you are correct. if i am right we are setting up for a disasterous roster in two seasons.

roy, you are already wrong. After I suggested that it might make sense to keep one of our current assistants to help us land one or two decent spring recruits that we are in contact with now, your response was... "what recruits would that be? i haven't heard of any senior or juco sophs that we are close on?"

The kid from Jersey lists us in his final two. So is at least one kid we are "close on." Not sure why you can't simply admit you were wrong and move on.