Top 144

Taj79

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

State U just came in at 104, with 3 FR projected to start and projected to miss even the NIT. We can't schedule them. It would kill our RPI! ;)

Assuming we make it, which I am at somewhere in the 90s, this will have Tigerboard all abuzz.

WOW! That's alot of wishful thinking as far as Mizzou is concerned. Three new projected freshmen starters. A new head coach. Collapsing internally since 2012's loss to Norfolk State. And not just squeaking into the top 144 but safely in there. I don't believe it.

But since they are there, if we are not there, the analytical skills of this group writing this stuff is really off kilter.

Again ..... can't wait. August is upon us this week.

WOW! That's alot of wishful thinking as far as Mizzou is concerned. Three new projected freshmen starters. A new head coach. Collapsing internally since 2012's loss to Norfolk State. And not just squeaking in to th etop 144 but safly in there. I don't believe it.

But since they are there, if we are no there, the analytical skills of this group writing this stuff is really off kilter.

Again ..... can't wait. August is upon us this week.

While he'll have to sit until the end of the first semester, the writer forgot about Cam B., who I'd guess will be their best player next season when he gets on the court.

It's a shame because he could've played for a better team closer to home.

The preview also doesn't include Deuce Bello, who I would assume will play a pretty significant role for the Tigers.

I don't want to deter this thread into madness, but I think Mizzou could be better than they are predicted here. Having a competent coach can do wonders.

The preview also doesn't include Deuce Bello, who I would assume will play a pretty significant role for the Tigers.

I don't want to deter this thread into madness, but I think Mizzou could be better than they are predicted here. Having a competent coach can do wonders.

I don't think they will be any worse than they were last year and have a chance to be better.

I don't think they will be any worse than they were last year and have a chance to be better.

Agreed. No way are they 104. They finished the year 49 in the rpi and while they lose a lot, they've got some very talented transfers and freshmen coming in. I would have put them around 50 again.

Agreed. No way are they 104. They finished the year 49 in the rpi and while they lose a lot, they've got some very talented transfers and freshmen coming in. I would have put them around 50 again.

Except for the fact that Mizzou has a new coach and a new system to install. I might move them about 10 spots higher, but not nearly so high as 50. The Tigers lost nearly all of their offense in Ross, J. Brown, and Clarkson, and neither Biedschied (sp?) nor Bello has been offensive juggernauts thus far.

La Salle enters the Top 144 at #103 .....

They are listed as the #9 team in the A10. I checked, St. Joe's, ranked at #127 is listed as #10 in the A10. Fordham is #11 at 144. So it stands to reason eight more A10 teams are going to be in here. Let's see .... VCU, Dayton, George Washington, Richmond, Umass, Rhode Island all seem to be getting positive talk this off season. Still, that's two more slots left to fill from us, the Bonnies, Duquesne, Davidson and Mason.

Yeah, we're going to make it.

As for La Salle ...... I think this ranking is likely right on or close to it. While they do return Wright and Hack on the front line, they have absolutely zero back at the point guard position. As had been said, the college game runs through the guards, point guards to be exact (Chaz, Duren, Jett, etc....) and I thin La Salle is going to struggle mightily as they try to figure ouy who is running their show.

While he'll have to sit until the end of the first semester, the writer forgot about Cam B., who I'd guess will be their best player next season when he gets on the court.

It's a shame because he could've played for a better team closer to home.

Biedsheid sat all of last season so I believe he is eligible to play first semester.

I too think Mizzou is sorely underrated in this countdown.

Mizzou has some talent if you believe recruiting rankings. Haith wasn't much of a game day coach but he could recruit and Anderson was able to keep this years class committed.

Going by rivals they have:

Cameron Biedscheid - 4 Star SF ranked 28th in 2012

Johnathan William III - 4 Star PF ranked 42nd in 2013

Jakeenan Gant - 4 Star PF ranked 52nd in 2014

Deuce Bello - 4 Star SF ranked 54th in 2011

Wes Clark - 4 Star PG ranked 72nd in 2013

Namon Wright - 4 Star SG ranked 73rd in 2014

Torren Jones - 3 Star PF ranked 123rd in 2013

With an actual coach I think they might surprise some people this year.

Mizzou has some talent if you believe recruiting rankings. Haith wasn't much of a game day coach but he could recruit and Anderson was able to keep this years class committed.

Interesting. Well, Kim Anderson and the Tigers are going to have to SHOW ME.

Dah never thought about 2 Coach Anderson's in their recent history.

And counting ..... #106 UC Irvine, #105 Pudude, #104 Mizzou, #103 La Salle, #102 Southern Cal, #101 American, #100 High Point, #99 Western Kentucky, #98 St. John's, and #97 Stephen F. Austin.........

Honestly, who cares? I used to follow these write ups pretty closely but I have stopped. They are some of the worst preview pieces out there. The writer has no idea how good these teams will be and has done little in the way of research. I could care less where he has us or any other team ranked.

I love preseason previews of all stripes. Back in the day, I used to be overjoyed when the Athlon, Street & Smith's, and other's season previews hit the grocer's rack. I'd gobble each one up and was overjoyed on the rare occasion my beloved "mid-major" earned even a small cover photo in the corner, which was exceedingly rare growing up. Now the Almighty Bills are looking to subjugate long term cover boys, Mizzou and Illinois to also-ran status for eternity and I can't be more ecstatic.

I love preseason previews of all stripes. Back in the day, I used to be overjoyed when the Athlon, Street & Smith's, and other's season previews hit the grocer's rack. I'd gobble each one up and was overjoyed on the rare occasion my beloved "mid-major" earned even a small cover photo in the corner, which was exceedingly rare growing up. Now the Almighty Bills are looking to subjugate long term cover boys, Mizzou and Illinois to also-ran status for eternity and I can't be more ecstatic.

I love it just because it's college hoops.